Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2009 335i coupe - Normal oil consumption

My Cars
    Ford F-450, BMW 328i e92
    Depending on the brand of oil, I notice the oil temps run from 240F-250F degrees. That will oxidize oil and burn it quickly. I would recommend checking oil on a regular basis and changing it no more than every 5K miles. After 5k, one may experience sludging... sludging will cause other problems with the VANOS. We have a 130K on the 2009 e92, it runs smooth as silk and sometimes burns about a quart before the 5K miles interval oil change. I am using Amsoil Full Synthetic European Formula.

My Cars
    '01 740i Sp, '07 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by tonytwohoots View Post
    Depending on the brand of oil, I notice the oil temps run from 240F-250F degrees. That will oxidize oil and burn it quickly. I would recommend checking oil on a regular basis and changing it no more than every 5K miles. After 5k, one may experience sludging... sludging will cause other problems with the VANOS. We have a 130K on the 2009 e92, it runs smooth as silk and sometimes burns about a quart before the 5K miles interval oil change. I am using Amsoil Full Synthetic European Formula.
    I like to hear that - I just bought a 1 owner 2007 e92 with 127K, Two new turbos. Will be a play toy, I also have an e38 2001 SPort since new with 33K miles - a garage queen. I have a DD and I am retired no long trips.

I had an'83 e21 320iS - new to 2008 and sold, regretted it ever since. I like the smaller body BMW to play with. I had put over $50K in the e21, will not do that again I hope.
    http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm71/krallopian/darthSigTest2_zpsn6zkw5id.jpg[/URL][URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/DFW7-Dallas-Fort-Worth-BMW-7-Series-Club/300942239566"]DFW7 on Facebook/URL]
    "The Last Great e38" 2001 i Sport - Born'd on date 1/01 Cosmos/Grey - 32.8K miles - 2 1/2 " Custom Exhaust, Center “X”over , Modified OEM rear bumper, M5 style trunk spoiler, M6 OEM wheels, M3 Steering wheel with working paddle shift & CF trim, Bi-Xenon upgrade, 13mm Rear sway bar added, SS brake lines and bronze bushings, Cross drilled rotors and painted calipers, Akebono pads, Zionsville aluminum radiator & exp. tank with electric fan, Sprint Booster, BluTooth conversion, MKIV Nav., Custom wood cupholder, DUDMD Tune, Orien V2.5 LED Angel Eyes, Evans waterless. Recently added grey faced //M5 Cluster - all gauges functioning. Changed the grey carpet to black and topped off with GG Bailey front/rear mats[/SIZE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12