Thread: Replace Z3 seat belt guide

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3 Roadster

Replace Z3 seat belt guide

Hi-
    Recently, the seat belt guide on my right seat broke. I have been able to find a replacement part, but can't figure out how to replace it. Does anyone have any experience with the procedure?
    Thanks,
    Rog724

My Cars
    00 MCoupe - 04 Lexus RX330 - 90 325i
    Welcome. Link

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    Looks like my old picture host decided to nix my photos. Hopefully I can still edit the post.

Edit: Fixed. I guess my old school got wise to my using their servers this many years after I graduated.
    Last edited by Vinci; 01-02-2007 at 12:28 PM.

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z-4 2.5i
    Rog,

If you do a search on seat belt, there's a guy that sells a simple fix for this for less than $20 for a pair. It takes about five minutes to install and is far less hassle than replacing the bracket. I used them on mine and they work like a charm.

Bill

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3 Roadster

Seat Belts

Thanks, Bill. I have not found him yet, but will keep looking! Sounds like it is worth it.
    Roger

My Cars
    00 M Roadster
    His name is Dane Kane. See post #2.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...eat+belt+guide

My Cars
    go vrooooom
    Hey the seatbelt on my dads Z always gets stuck coming out, or wont roll back in. Have you guys seen that problem before? what do ya all say?

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z-4 2.5i
    Quote Originally Posted by rog724 View Post
    Thanks, Bill. I have not found him yet, but will keep looking! Sounds like it is worth it.
    Roger
    I found the guy's contact info. His name is Danny Kane and his email addy is
    Rakkooniac@aol.com. He doesn't have a website so you have to email him. Looks like I paid $13.99 with shipping. I think he gave me a discount for belonging to a particular forum but I don't recall if it was this one.

Bill

My Cars
    '97 Atlanta Blue ///mpowered Z3
    yeah if your belt guide has only just cracked through dane's fix seems like an awesome one. unfortunately if yours is like mine where a huge piece was broken off by the previous owner who didn't keep it to be re-glued back on, you're pretty much gonna have to replace it, and that appears to be a major pita.

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z-4 2.5i
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerRacer007 View Post
    yeah if your belt guide has only just cracked through dane's fix seems like an awesome one. unfortunately if yours is like mine where a huge piece was broken off by the previous owner who didn't keep it to be re-glued back on, you're pretty much gonna have to replace it, and that appears to be a major pita.
    True, mine were just cracked on both sides.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3 Roadster

Seat Belt fix

Thanks again, Bill. I will contact him.
    Rog

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z-4 2.5i
    Quote Originally Posted by rog724 View Post
    Thanks again, Bill. I will contact him.
    Rog
    No Problem, glad to help.

My Cars
    2000 - 2.8 Z3 Roadster
    What if it did not break, but just fell off. any fixes for that?

My Cars
    993, 2000 Z3 2.3
    There is also a fix that I've used (found on roadfly) that uses zip ties to attach the two separated pieces. Very firm & holds up very well.

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by drsantos View Post
    What if it did not break, but just fell off. any fixes for that?
    Fell off how? It took me hours to get mine to fall off, and I was trying!

My Cars
    2000 - 2.8 Z3 Roadster
    Don't know how but the whole thing came off the seat, I can see the metal push-on washers, Have not seen the plastic/metal backer plate. When I brought the car, Thats was one item the dealer fixed, they must have screwed it up.

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    That sucks. The dealer probably did a quickie-fix to get you off the lot. The actual fix would have cost them a good bit in time, so they probably just tried to press the washers on from the outside. You can try to push them back on yourself, but the only way those buggers are going to stay on is if you pull apart the seat and do it right. Look at the bright side though; taking the broken retainers off was the hardest part when I did mine, so you're already halfway done!

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3 Roadster

Looking for help from Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Vinci View Post
    Looks like my old picture host decided to nix my photos. Hopefully I can still edit the post.

Edit: Fixed. I guess my old school got wise to my using their servers this many years after I graduated.
    Just bought a 1998 Z3 roadster. Love the wheel tire set-up on his pictures. Need advice on sizes etc. New member, wrong thread. working on seat belt issues. Saw picture. Help needed.

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Z3 View Post
    Just bought a 1998 Z3 roadster. Love the wheel tire set-up on his pictures. Need advice on sizes etc. New member, wrong thread. working on seat belt issues. Saw picture. Help needed.
    Welcome to the forum!

There are a LOT of threads dedicated to wheel fits and calculations, which will depend on your specific setup and goals.

My wheels, for example, would not fit on your non-M.

Do a bit of searching (top-right of the forum window) and you can find just about anything you'd need to know about your car. This is a particularly rich forum for in-depth Z3 information.