BAVToys

Thread: Putting the word out on FLYRYDE **BEWARE**

My Cars
    BMW

Putting the word out on FLYRYDE **BEWARE**

Hey everyone!

I am writing this post because I've been done wrong by this guy name Chris that runs FlyRyde Company. I'm sure someone has heard of him and his lack of knowledge of doing HIDs on BMWs since he's only done 2 with one of them being mine. I am not trying to vent but trying to let any BMW owners that hear FlyRyde or are thinking of work to get done to please stay away.

I have paid this douchbag $1200+ with a little over 3 months of unleveled, not "error free" (which he promised it was error free) and now non working HIDs. So I'm left with lights that don't even work and limited to driving during the day. I asked him for a refund which any company would do if something if defective or has had to be worked on more than 3 times. I've been to his home/work location to have it worked on spending time off work, money and time to TRY to get the installed HIDs working properly.

The first time he "forgot" to level the lights and he thought that the warning lights would of gone away. I explained to him that I am not an HID or lighting guru. I already had my doubts when I got my headlights shipped back. The headlights were dirty, had black sealant all over the plastic and he expected me to install everything when I clearly told him I paid him to have a plug in play system.

Then I came to his location twice which is over 2 1/2 hours away from my home and he still couldn't get the errors away and still had F**ed up lights that were not leveled. To make things worse he broke the tabs where I needed to adjust the light from going up and down. Now I can't even level the lights myself because he broke everything inside the headlight.

After the lights stopped working I just gave up and couldn't deal with his work. Of course like any customer that has a defective product including ones that doesn't work at night I got frustrated. Every time I would ask him for a refund his way of a refund is FIXING the problem since he spent all the money on his bills and personal issues. As a company they should have the assets to refund a customer their full refund but not FlyRyde. He told me that he doesn't have the money and if I was to get a $1200+ refund, Chris said "It will bring him down to his knees and ruin his company" which I see as a personal problem. I didn't give him an excuse when I forked out the cash all in one transaction.

I've been without working lights close to 3 weeks now and no response from FlyRyde about doing the right thing and giving the customer a refund. Chris is not financially stable when it comes to operating a business and doesn't even have a license to operate which in the state of California which is required.

If you Google FlyRyde and his name Chris you can see he has a reputation for doing crapy work and running with the money or just taking money and not even giving the customer what they paid for. It shows that he is still a punk kid that can't refund customers, take off with the customers money and his way of fixing the problem is through trial and error.

Again, this company FLYRYDE has only done two BMW's and they both have errors on the dash and with one of them (which is mine) that has non working lights. He is not experienced on doing BMWs and will do half A$$ work then leave you high and dry with defective lights. Thank you and please don't end up like me. I'm putting the word on him and going to another lighting place to get it done right.

My Cars
    1996 318IS
    Damn dude $1200... Theres lots of kids on here with enough sense to install these and would do it for a fraction of that.

My Cars
    BMW
    Yah I know but I had halogen headlights and they had to be opened up to get HIDs. Now I got non working Bi Xenon lights. For some reason my lights drained my battery and I had to up start it. Next thing you know the lights completely stop working. I tried plugging back the ballast but the lights flicker and that's all I get. Any advice?

- - - Updated - - -

Here's what I have now in the headlights if anyone can help out on fixing the problem. I also have warning lights on my dash and I've been trying to get rid of them. I've used the warning can cancelers, went to an Indy shop to clear the error(didn't work), the ballasts are supposed to be error free and I used load resistors. Any takers on a solution?

Adding mini h1 projectors to headlight housings
    Mini Morimoto Bi-Xenon Projectors
    Morimoto 3Five HID bulb only
    Morimoto 3five Slim Ballast

My Cars
    z3
    I could have retrofitted HIDs into your lights for less than that... a lot less... and made them plug and play. Sorry to hear about your situation.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    BMW
    Thanks blackxs! I really appreciate it, I would of given anyone else the $1200+ if I knew this crap was going to go down, all BMW owners should put out the word out, I went to the DCA, FTC basically all the business companies that deal with shady companies like FlyRyrde, my first success was with the DCA, I didn't get my money back (YET) but the agent had Chris from FlyRyde to sign a state declaration that he is not licensed under the state of California to operate a business to work on ANY car and he has been doing so illegally for years and if he is caught doing so he will be fined $3000 which something he doesn't even have. The asshole can't even refund me $1000. He is not financially stable as a company and can't produce any type of refund.

Second I went to a LICENSED lighting company, and yes I check if they are licensed which they are, and I got them to fix my lights, they saw the choppy work FlyRyde did and we had to start from scratch, install a new HID kit, a new high beam kit and a fog light kit.

And you you know the funny thing is? I have no ERROR CODES on my screen dash, no malfunction codes, nothing going wrong with the car. The company I had my light get re-done by did the work under 3 hours VS FlyRyde shitty work which still doesn't work till this day. It's going to be going on a month now that FlyRyde has left me shit out of luck with no running lights and I urge everyone to not bring your business to them. This is just a warning and none of you have to listen to me but to convince everyone about my situation I will post pictures showing before and after pictures, from the time I got my lights done from No-ride to getting it done RIGHT!

When I started this process I knew nothing about HID lighting or converting them but I did did my research before I had FlyRyde convert my lights but just like anyone, if hey have a website, facebook and all of these things to show that they do work of course I'm not going to ask about being licensed as a company because I would think they are but it was my fault for falling for FlyRydes tricks and scam. But I will know better next time.

Again, this dude has done only 2 BMWs and both of them have issues but not mine anymore since I got it fixed. I can't wait to show the pictures because it scared me from his wiring to the professional type of wiring.

Thanks for everyone's time to read my post and heed my warning.

- - - Updated - - -

Adding to my horror story here are some shitty, half assed and trial and error fail attempted pictures that FlyRyde has never lived up to as a good HID system. He claimed that he could give me an error free system which he failed on that too. He pretty much stuffed everything in the engine compartment with leaving one of the load resistors hanging and burning through the plastic that is right above the tire curve.

Down to it when the tech pulled out the stuff FlyRyde put in my BMW he said that who ever did my lights didn't do it right, the wiring is bad, there is no REAL harness because it was a bunch of wires connected together with connectors, so Chris pocketed the money to even save himself on buying a wiring harness and the reason why my lights were not working is because both ballast blew out due to poor installation. Those are not cheap canbus ballast too that you see in the pix. Tomorrow I will be posting pix of the after. I drove my car during the evening and my lights have never looked so good. Enjoy the pix!

Last edited by Longschnauzer3; 05-15-2014 at 12:45 AM.

My Cars
    BMW
    **UPDATE with new working lights**

So I took pictures and I was impressed with the workmanship the new lighting company has done. These are the after pictures and the lighting company as re-done all of the front lighting and in no way was the lighting work done by FlyRyde. Lastly, if Chris or FlyRyde is reading this, good luck trying to achieve a error free / light malfunction system!

Clean with no messy wires

Right side wiring

Left headlight wiring

Final product

My Cars
    z3
    You know its interesting, after your thread I looked up the company and they have stellar yelp reviews.

Glad you got it fixed - hope he doesnt screw anyone else over. Fortunately its all too easy to act as an official business in this internet world we live in...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    BMW
    Yes, on Yelp he does have good ratings but anyone these days can have good ratings on Yelp including a non licensed business. As you can see on the "not recommended" area there are bad reviews as well. Yelp is not entirely reliable but take it from someone like me that has already been through the nightmare. All I'm trying to achieve through this forum is to warn other fellow BMW owners to go else where. From the pictures you see the majority of FlyRyde's work is on Hyundai and Corvette's. With only working on 2 BMW's (still having lighting malfunctions which we all hate), showing pictures of his horrible workmanship and FlyRyde doing several trial and error attempts and unable to successfully get a error free system or even working lights. All I am doing is sharing my experience so no one will have to spend time, money and their very expensive headlights, empty promises.. oh and did I say money? LoL

Also, when he first started FlyRyde took out a $15,000 loan because he disappeared for years and owed a lot of people money. Blackxs, you are right about the internet and anyone posing themselves as a legit business but since reading up on FlyRyde there are so many forums he has been on including one where a customer states that it only takes one customer to complain to show the companies true colors.

Overall, if you haven't seen the TV show, this is kind of like "how to catch a contractor" but we have tools like the BBB, BCA etc to help us. I gave him several chances to get it right but after several failed attempts the only thing I could do is ask for a refund and have someone else do it right.

I
    reiterate, no one has to listen to me. But if anyone wants to spend the money shipping your headlights to him (which he doesn't pay for), pay him the money UPFRONT and hopefully he doesn't run with it, be put on a waiting list (which is long) to get your headlights worked on, waiting close to a month for your headlights to be completed (not being able to drive your car), having your whole HID system looking like mine, getting a simple questions answered in weeks and having it get shipped back to you(which he does't pay too) and finally having to install everything yourself which he fails to get any type of instructions. I understand some people are DIYers but not everyone is and I paid him for a plug and play system. Also, may I add once you get the headlights back, hopefully nothing will go wrong with them. Just imagine if something goes wrong and they don't work, then what? You would have to go through all the steps again to get FlyRyde's special trial and error treatment because he doesn't come to your location and shipping gets costly. Once he gets his hands on your headlights you can kiss them goodbye because they will get abused and will never be the same (in a bad way).

Here are just a couple out of many links where people have complained through any of the business agencies.

http://www.trustlink.org/Reviews/FlyRydecom-205969283

http://www.businessconsumeralliance....Iz58jI3ydN3Q==

My Cars
    BMW
    So hello again everyone,

I've been busy trying to prove that FlyRyde is a company not worth dealing with. On July 20th I took Chris and his one man company to court. It didn't have to come down to this but he left me no choice since the bastard didn't want to refund me ANY type of money for his half-ass non-working HID lights. As of today July 25th I have received a letter back from the judge stating that I, the Plaintiff have been awarded a REFUND. It may not have been the full amount but it's a big chunk for what FlyRyde has put me through. Even though FlyRydes receipt doesn't say the word "Refund" California law says, if the product is defective and doesn't work properly the customer is entitled to a REFUND! One thing Chris didn't know because he is not up to par with the law and not a licensed company to operate in any state. I still hope everyone that owns a BMW or any type of luxury car will NEVER go to FlyRyde EVER. This is the end of this chapter and I hope it will stay up for people to read in the future so they won't get screwed by FlyRyde; a non-licensed company and surely doesn't know anything about HIDS in luxury cars. Thank you everyone!

My Cars
    BMW
    Is there a way to bump this to the top?
    FlyRyde is at it again with scamming people with crappy lights. Leaks, debris floating around to mention a few issues. Then, he is using deposits to pay for other pissed customers issues. Yes, I fell for it. Should have Googled the idiot. My Fault. But just letting you know the story above is all so familiar!