Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ireland Engineering Alpina Bar

My Cars
    1981 bmw 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by E21M10 View Post
    Hallo, the answer is simple: Ireland weld it wrong! I bought mine by their Europe Dealer Hardemann and it was to short. After a call Ireland told me that brace must fit. It is in their programm for years and they told that they will do a custom version for me because the delivered one doesn´t fit and my car must be something special. After many mails and and sending them BMW Original Body repair sheet copy the new one I got fits perfect. There is only one lengt for all modells with all engines. If the delivered brace doesnt fit its simply wrong done!!
    Sounds very similar to the what they told me when mine didn't fit.
    The second one fit perfect.
    Sounds like a quality control issue on the end for sure.

My Cars
    1983 320is S52/2003 VR6T
    installed and fit with out an issue

My Cars
    81 320i, 98 318ti
    I just installed Ireland Engineering's Alpina bar and do not like the bolts they supplied, the hex heads are not wide enough and I can't reuse BMW plates. I'd like to replace the hardware with longer 17mm bolts, use large washers and BMW self locking nuts. Does anyone know the size BMW used for factory swaybar bolts/nuts? I would get the same sized bolts as the original but longer. Does anyone know if there are any BMW replacement bolts that I could get and use (i.e. same size but longer)?

Thank you,
    Max

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234