Thread: BMW 435, or Bmw 335? Also possible discounts?

My Cars
    2014 CLA 45 AMG

BMW 435, or Bmw 335? Also possible discounts?

Ok so I'm new to this forum and have been a long time BMW fan. Currently I own a CLA 45 AMG, but I've been having mechanical issues with it (Control module Hydraulics unit etc etc.) So now I'm thinking of possibly switching to a BMW but first I have some question. My first question is which car is better handling wise etc? The Bmw 435 X Drive or the 335 X drive? Also are is it possible to get a discount when purchasing one, and if so how much? Final question is how's the reliability of the BMW's?

My Cars
    335d, 328xd (had 330xi)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
    Ok so I'm new to this forum and have been a long time BMW fan. Currently I own a CLA 45 AMG, but I've been having mechanical issues with it (Control module Hydraulics unit etc etc.) So now I'm thinking of possibly switching to a BMW but first I have some question. My first question is which car is better handling wise etc? The Bmw 435 X Drive or the 335 X drive? Also are is it possible to get a discount when purchasing one, and if so how much? Final question is how's the reliability of the BMW's?
    3) BMW reliability is, according to Consumer Reports, better than Mercedes, although they also say that the 335i has not been terribly reliable in it's first year.
    2) The 435i might be a tiny bit better, but the difference is slight. This is more because the coupe is a bit more focused on "sports" rather than all-round small family sedan.
    1) The RWD versions of these cars arguably handle better than the xDrive AWD versions: slightly less weight and less drivetrain friction (faster by a tick.) The xDrive cars do handle more neutrally (easier to throw around.)

My Cars
    21 M3 6MT Dravit/KO/ZPP
    You are more likely to get a higher discount on the 3er than the newly introduced 4er. Coupes usually perform slightly better due to higher body rigidity, but for all practical purposes, I'd say they are identical. BMW usually also tunes the suspension to be a bit more sporty on the coupes, but not sure if they are different with xDrive models.

I suggest getting the M-sport package with the dynamic handling package, the Variable Sport Steering and M adaptive suspension make a difference if you value handling.
    Current Car (delivered 20/10/21): 2021 G80 M3; 6MT; DravitGrau/Kyalami Orange/Black Extended Merino; Permium Pkg (ZPP); 826M bicolor wheels; Black M Compound brakes; Sunroof (yes no CF roof)
    (more pictures here)

Previous Cars: 2018 F30 340ix 6MT Msport(Dec 2017 - Sep 2021); 2013 F30 335ix 6MT Msport (Nov 2013-17); 2011 e90 328i 6MT ZSP (Aug 10-Nov 13); 07 e90-323i ZSP (May 07 - Aug 10); 97-318ti ZSP (Feb 97 - May 07)

"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens", Friedrich von Schiller -- "Life is simple, people make it complicated", Me (About me)

My Cars
    2014 CLA 45 AMG
    Thanks for the advice guys. If I do end up buying one then it'll be a BMW 435 X drive (Need all wheel drive here in Edmonton cause of the crazy winters).

Options would be
    Executive Package
    Premium Package
    BMW connecteddrive
    M Performance Package
    M Performance Package 2
    BMW Apps

the 3 and 4 series should be a little more roomy for you as well over the CLA - bummer to hear the issues on such a new model.

G/L

My Cars
    435i (2014); prev 328IS
    I have a new 435 on order at ~ 8% discount from mfgr's list.
    I doubt you can do much better!

My Cars
    2014 BMW 435i Xdrive
    I picked a 435i xdrive up in Calgary. Edmonton dealership offered $2000 of MSRP. Calgary dealership took off $6,000. Was worth the drive!!!

My Cars
    2002 Acura TLS
    I'm glad to see there are some good prices off MSRP. I personally love this car. I want to get one just like the model in the video promotion link below, but I want mine in Mineral White with Coral Red interior. I also want the Sport trim with the optional 19" wheels displayed.

The only question I have is on the $1900 LED/HID lighting option. I understand that are the tracking/moveable HIDs, however I thought the base 335i and 435i also had the HIDs/LEDs? Are they just fixed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoHrA6GRAKo

Quote Originally Posted by MSG C5 View Post
    I'm glad to see there are some good prices off MSRP. I personally love this car. I want to get one just like the model in the video promotion link below, but I want mine in Mineral White with Coral Red interior. I also want the Sport trim with the optional 19" wheels displayed. The only question I have is on the $1900 LED/HID lighting option. I understand that are the tracking/moveable HIDs, however I thought the base 335i and 435i also had the HIDs/LEDs? Are they just fixed? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoHrA6GRAKo
    I have the coral red interior (Black Sapphire metallic exterior). You'll love the red...

My Cars
    2002 Acura TLS
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyewacket69 View Post
    I have the coral red interior (Black Sapphire metallic exterior). You'll love the red...
    That's another great combo. Since my last two business cars have been black, I thought I'd try something new on my next one. I saw a Mineral White 335i a few weeks ago and really liked the silver flake in it.

I also like how the 4-series Coral Red interior option has the lower dash/glovebox sections red unlike the 3-series Coral Red interior option which has those sections black. What I also found interesting about the promo video is that the model car did not have a sunroof. Odd since it's a standard feature on all trim levels.
    Last edited by MSG C5; 08-19-2014 at 05:22 PM.

My Cars
    335i
    335i is the better looking option.

Quote Originally Posted by materialgirlftw View Post
    Better looking how? It's not the smarter option. With the added weight, it's only .2-.4 ticks faster. The 328i and 428i are now the much smarter buy. 50/50 distribution just piles on.

I almost purchased the 335i a bit over 2 years ago with my F30. After driving both, the 328i was a no brainer. Sure the I-6 is a lovely beast, but it's nose heavy and much less toss able.

Unless you're just one of "those guys " who just has to have the big engine; Mustang, Charger, and Camaro owners come to mind here :-), make the smarter choice and reap the benefits.

My Cars
    don't ask
    giraffe, sorry for being so upfront, but would you mind giving me the name of that dealership? I would highly appreciate that

My Cars
    FJ,Tahoe, F800GS,Piaggio
    Quote Originally Posted by materialgirlftw View Post
    Totally disagree. That 4 Gran Coupe' is on sharp-looking ride.
    Low, wide and downright mean-looking. Makes the 3-series look dated (if that's even possible...I love the 3-series as well.).
    shopping... F30, Sportline, Silver, Red...

My Cars
    435i (2014); prev 328IS
    I bought it at Murray BMW in Denver. ( Now owned by Sonic Automotive Group ). Got about -8% off USA list