Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Window up/down feature from remote key...wasn't this available?

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Remote comfort closure is a function of the GM, but the 433 units also doesn't put out any different signal with a longpress.

So you're now using the 43mhz frq in the US...
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    '97 840Ci, '02 X5 4.6is
    Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post
    Remote comfort closure is a function of the GM
    Yes. But it works when I hold the key in drivers door in lock position. Looks like it is somewhere between mirror and GM.
    P.S. Tried to change GM setting KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG to "aktiv" - did not help
    Last edited by mr1173; 01-19-2017 at 07:21 PM.
    WBR, Tony

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    That's the key-in-lock comfort closure parameter. FFB komfortschliessung (funkfernbedienung aka remote) would be for remote closure. But as said, the hold key in lock signal is not put out by the mirror module when longpressing the lock button, and thus does not work.

IG:

My Cars
    not enough
    Good info Tony...dag, that key close function is turning to be pretty elusive for the 8!!!!
    CB42366 - 1991 850i 6-speed. Brilliantrot & Black Nappa Leather
    CD00144 - 1994 850CSi. Hellrot & Black Nappa Leather

My other projects:
    Supercharged Tbirds, V8 Tbirds, V8 Mustang Convertible, Audi V8 Quattro & Audi S8

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Was this ever further investigated? Still trying to find out if it's just the remote control electronics inside the mirror or down to the GM/ZKE model used. Or maybe both.

E36 uses same mirror as the E31, like Revtor mentioned, but remote opening of windows on E36's does not work(and does on his E31). There are also no NCS Expert Daten files for this component, so there is no way to code anything that way. It also looks (someone tested this) that long pressing doesn't change the output signal of the remote electronics.

It all comes down to the question if using the electronics out of an (EU for me) E31 rearview mirror would 'unlock' this extra option.

It's nothing big, but it would be a nice-to-have something. Just opening alone would be nice.

IG:

My Cars
    Made in Germany
    MParallel: Both E31 and E36 share the same rear-view mirrors so there's nothing to gain there. You may want to inquire with other E36 owners but if none has working remote comfort opening (with the OEM remote locking and alarm system) it is quite safe to assume the E36 ZKE/DWA simply does not support this operation (whereas the E31 GM does). Even if remote comfort opening is supported on the E36, you're still stuck with the same issue as the E31: None of the radio frequency rear-view mirrors support comfort closing. You'd have to downgrade to the early infrared system to get comfort closing functionality in the rear-view mirror. And stay away from US parts as these apparently have the functionality disabled entirely according to olinjohnston's post.

If you really want this to work your best bet is to look into aftermarket remote locking / alarm systems.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Well I thought it must be the ZKE, as the E31 uses a different one. But when I checked with NCS Dummy, the GM2 daten file (I only have C025) does not list remote comfort closure, only comfort closing. That’s what made me wonder. Maybe it activates remote closure as well?

Auto closure wouldn’t be needed. Just opening would’ve been fine if there was a plug and play solution. Everything can me made with aftermarkt electronics, but the less the better.

IG:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12