Thread: Front end alignment and air bag light

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3

Front end alignment and air bag light

Just had a front end alignment done at a GM dealer and the air bag light came on while in their shop. They have no clue and have offered no help, but have directed me to a BMW dealer who will code read (no fix) for $185.00. Did the dealer trigger something? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

My Cars
    368, E86, 318ti, Raptor
    1. Your BMW dealer must be horrible. You can buy the SRS code reader and do it yourself for less than 185.
    2. Did they use a brake pedal depressor that pushed against your seat? They may have pushed and wiggled enough to break or loosen wires on your occupancy sensor.
    3. Im sure there is a member of the forum local to you willing to let you use their SRS reader.

My Cars
    blown 98 m roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky1Z3 View Post
    1. Your BMW dealer must be horrible. You can buy the SRS code reader and do it yourself for less than 185.
    2. Did they use a brake pedal depressor that pushed against your seat? They may have pushed and wiggled enough to break or loosen wires on your occupancy sensor.
    3. Im sure there is a member of the forum local to you willing to let you use their SRS reader.
    Occupancy sensor is only on the right seat

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3
    Thanks, I do have access to a C110 scanner but have been told it needs a 20 pin adapter for my 2000 Z3. Any thoughts?
    Again, thanks in advance.

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    If they moved your seat, they may have wiggled the wiring under the seat, which is all it takes to set the stupid SRS light off. It happens to me a couple times per year.

I don't know anything about the C110 scanner, but I can tell you that the Peake SRS scanner will take care of this without any trouble. It costs an awful lot less than $185 and works (probably) forever.

Any SRS functions must be handled by the under-hood connector, not the OBD port in the cabin.