Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: No sound from Speakers with new CD Player

My Cars
    bmw

No sound from Speakers with new CD Player

Hi, I have an BMW 735iL (E32) 1992. I just bought a Sony CDX-7700 CD Player. The deck is working perfectly as we tested in an another vehicle. When I hook it up to my car the tuner am/fm works fine with no problems, you can hear the sound. When I change the source to CD, the CD plays but no sound. What can be the problem here? The deck works fine and cds are all fine, we know its something to do with the wiring.

My Cars
    '97 M3 and '88 Porsche 959 (1:18 scale).
    That sounds very strange. If the tuner section works it sounds like the unit is hooked up correctly. My first thought is that maybe the CD section is broken or has a bad circuit. Did you say the CD section works when the unit is hooked up to the other car?
    Kenwood KDC-X890 head unit, Kenwood KDC-C719 CDC, AudioControl EQS 6 ch. EQ, JL Audio 500/1 mono sub amp, Eclipse 3460 4 ch. amp, Focal Polyglass 130V 5.25" components all around, a/d/s/ R10S sub in 1 cf sealed box, XMD1000 direct tuning XM receiver, Bilstein Sport shocks and struts, Eibach 26/22 sway bars, JTD front strut brace, rear shock brace, rear shock mounts, and underpanel, X brace, UUC short shift, hard-wired V1, Bridgestone S03s, 235/40ZR17 and 245/40ZR17 set at 35/37 pounds cold, braided stainless brake lines, ATE blue, Mobil 1, and EBC Green Stuff pads.

My Cars
    '03 330i ZHP
    I would guess you're using the factory equipped amplifier, right? Most Sony decks have 2 "remote" type wires. One is for power antenna, the other for the amplfier turn-on. Most likely you are using the power antenna wire. It goes dead (power antenna down) when you play a CD. Try using the other blue wire form the deck to power the amp.

My Cars
    95 m3
    I just had the SAME EXACT problem tonight! Im going to go try switching the wires, even though this was a two part plug and play harness. It had a bmw male to universal female adaptor, then I connected it to a universal male to a alpine male adaptor. Im going to go cut and switch the wires.

My Cars
    95 m3
    Listener is right. The wireing harness company fucked up, and when I chopped the power antenna wire and connected it to the remote wire to the HU, it worked!. SWEEET! Thanks listener!