Thread: 3rd Annual WNC Picnic and Rallye May 10th at Hot Springs Spa and Resort

My Cars
    88 325ic, 80 323i

3rd Annual WNC Picnic and Rallye May 10th at Hot Springs Spa and Resort

I am proud to announce the 3rd annual Picnic and Fun Run hosted by Blue Ridge BMWs car club at Hot Springs NC.

This year we are changing things up a little in order to improve the event.

*The location is the Hot Springs Spa and Resort in Hot Springs NC.
    *The date is May 10th

Previous years we had lunch and tech sessions then the fun run to end the day but this year we are flipping it around.
    The day will start with a fun rallye from Asheville, NC along an scenic twisty mountain road that carves it's way up to Hot Springs, NC. This route is one of the best unknown driving roads in all of WNC. We will then kick off the main Picnic at noon which will include individual picnic lunches, tech sessions, and workshops. The day will end around 4:30 with an awards ceremony including giveaways.
    Participants do not have to join the rallye and are more than welcome to arrive at the resort on their own any time after 10:30

Itinerary:

*9:30am Rallye Coordinator will brief drivers and navigators on the route and clue sheet. Participants will be released from the start point with approx. 90 seconds between car.
    *10:30am Last car leaves the start point.
    *10:30am Check-in tent will be ready to receive participants
    *12:00 Official opening of the event with welcome announcements.
    *Tech sessions, workshops, swap meet, and lunch will all begin after the opening announcements.
    *12:00-4:00pm General bragging and tire kicking will occur while secret judges walk the show judging cars for undisclosed trophies!
    *4:30 Awards ceremony, door prizes, and the obligatory "You don't have to go home but...."

A few notes:

* Schedules for the tech sessions and workshops will be given out as you stop by the registration tent.

*Hot Springs Spa and Resorts has 17 different types of overnight accommodations but they book up fast so if you would like to stay in a suite, room, cabin, or just camp out make sure you make your reservations soon.
    http://nchotsprings.com/

*We will have a swap meet area set aside this year
    Please bring your own table or display for your parts and items you are selling.

*Please bring your camp chairs or folding chairs and don't forget to bring water!

*The town of Hot Springs has a gas station but it is expensive, plan ahead

*The start point for the rallye is the bottom half of the Ingles supermarket parking lot at:

7 New Leicester Hwy
    Asheville, NC ‎

*The event in Hot Springs is at

315 Bridge Street
    Hot Springs, NC 28743

*Registration is $10 per person which includes lunch and participation in all events including the rallye and tech sessions.
    To register please email Matthew Koppi at mattkoppi@hotmail.com
    1988 325ic In progress

My Cars
    88 325ic, 80 323i
    This is shaping up to be a great event. Please do not wait until the last moment to register! We base the amount of food off of the registrations prior to the event so prior registration helps up out tremendously.
    Thanks and I hope to see many of you there.
    1988 325ic In progress

My Cars
    '86 535i, Isuzu Stylus
    Hey guys,

Just stopping in to vouch for how awesome these events are. I unfortunately will not be able to make it this year, but hope for the best!

Just to update, I haven't done anything with the pictures last year, simply because my hard-drive crashed shortly after downloading the pics onto it. i still have the hard drive, and want to get the files recovered, just haven't gotten around to it. I apologize for all that. I don't even know if i will be able to get them recovered, i feel like they should be recoverable as the hard drive didn't seem to fail in the hardware section, just some bad sectors and whatnot, so they should for the most part still be recoverable.