Thread: New HI member. (E34 540it 6spd) content inside.

My Cars
    '94 530IT

New Oahu member. (E34 540it 6spd) content inside.

Well, I figured I'd come in here and introduce myself. I just moved out to Oahu last week and found a place in Mililani. recently finished up a M60B40 + 6 speed swap on my wagon before leaving The South, if all goes well it should be out here in a few weeks! Looking forward to meeting the local BMW guys and seeing some of the other cars on the island.

Also picked up this guy as a beach cruiser and something to drive while I wait for the Alpine wagon to come in.

Is anybody in close with the guy down at Sand Island Auto? I'm trying to get a whole bunch of stuff off that wagon they are parting (it is SUPER clean), but when the total was tallied he told me $1700. I told him to kick rocks.
    Last edited by daleyswanson; 04-04-2014 at 03:28 PM.
    1994 540/6it swap

My Cars
    1994 325i, 1996 //M3
    Nice wagon! Welcome!

My Cars
    2001 BMW 325ci
    Welcome! Nice touring

My Cars
    '94 530IT
    Hey thanks guys!
    1994 540/6it swap

My Cars
    e39 M5
    You should pick up the white e34 m5 for sale

My Cars
    91 325i, 01 M5, 06 4.8iS
    nice wagon! please read into taking the appropriate steps attaining a recon certificate and state safety check for the wagon you are bringing over, the rules are a shame but can be overcome if prepared for it.
    -01 Princess car (M5)
    -91 Mtech II Rescue car (325iC)
    -06 Activity Beast (4.8iS)

My Cars
    I love turbos!
    Quote Originally Posted by e30devo View Post
    nice wagon! please read into taking the appropriate steps attaining a recon certificate and state safety check for the wagon you are bringing over, the rules are a shame but can be overcome if prepared for it.
    Exactly! If it doesn't pass Recon, it won't get a safety. If it doesn't get a safety, it can't be registered here. If the OP is military (which I'm guessing he is), he might be able to keep his car registered in his home state.

My Cars
    Euro Cars
    Sick touring, You could always raise the car up and put some stocks on and get a safety. The touring should be stealth enough to get a safety without recon, one would hope

My Cars
    '94 530IT
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger123 View Post
    You should pick up the white e34 m5 for sale
    Do you have a link? I have seen it mentioned several times but (and have seen pictures from time to time in the E34 section), but couldn't find a link. I would be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beastmaster View Post
    Exactly! If it doesn't pass Recon, it won't get a safety. If it doesn't get a safety, it can't be registered here. If the OP is military (which I'm guessing he is), he might be able to keep his car registered in his home state.
    I am, and have the forms to be able to keep my AL plates, but they expire in Nov anyways, so that would only be a short term solution. Plus I'd rather not continue to run those anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by zdmcman View Post
    Sick touring, You could always raise the car up and put some stocks on and get a safety. The touring should be stealth enough to get a safety without recon, one would hope
    I don't foresee recon being too big of a problem. It sounds like the engine/drivetrain are all non recon items and that that only thing that I could come up against would be getting the alignment within stock specs as low as it is. Worst comes to worst and I can always just raise the car on the coils, or swap back to a traditional strut/spring setup. (After seeing the roads down here, I was contemplating that anyways.) And of course get an alignment within 30 days.

This is the best info I have found on the matter: http://www.paradisecruisers.com/SMF/...ic=4535.0;wap2
    Anyone notice anything that was missed?
    1994 540/6it swap

My Cars
    e39 M5
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...slist-X/page61

blitzkreg bob posted about it on that page with a pic