Thread: Broken Clutch Master Cylinder push rod eye that attaches to pedal

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Sedan

Broken Clutch Master Cylinder push rod eye that attaches to pedal

Has anyone replaced this with something else or made it indestructible?

It is the plastic eye that connects the Clutch Master Cylinder to the Clutch pedal.
    When it snapped, I noticed that it had been epoxied together before!!

Anyway, you can't purchase this without the master cylinder which sucks. If anyone knows how to source this separately, please tell!!

Anyway help would be appreciated. I am going to have to epoxy it and use a clamp at the base of the eye to hold it down like the previous owner did for now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Can't be done. That's why the previous owner epoxy'd it. Just buy a new master. Your car deserves it

My Cars
    00 E38,01 E38,99 323 is
    Look at it this way. If the master has so much time on it that it has been repaired once already, the rest of the unit can't be long for this world. And I can tell you, if the master fails, you will be going nowhere fast.
    9/2004 Chevrolet Suburban Z71, black, purchased March 2016, 270k miles.
    6/99 740i Cosmos Schwartz M Sport, 214k miles, purchased May 2017
    2001 740i OrientBlau M Sport, purchased March 2023
    1984 MasterCraft Stars and Stripes, Blue/White, PCM Ford 351W, PowerSlot, 912 hours, purchased September 2012 (not a car )
    4/99 323is/5. Titansilber, 211k miles. Straight body project.

past BMWs: 5/1994 325isa (Arktisgrau), 3/1997 328is/5 (cosmosschwartz), 9/1990 535i/5 (calypsorot), 9/1990 318i/5 (brillantrot) 7/93 325i/5 convertible (samoablau) 2/92 325i/5 cabriolet (lagunengruen).
    SÜNDE REISEN

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Replace the master or be prepared to pay twice as much for a tow. What's that old saying? Pay me now or pay me later

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Sedan
    Thanks for the replies, but I was in a bind. I had a track day the following day. Desperate calls for desperate measures. I had some aluminum stock left over, so I decided to just make one. It wasn't pretty, but it did its job.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    Saturn ion
    Well I replaced mine twice now and it keeps breaking. I considered epoxy as a reinforcement. I'm sure the ball is placed against the clutch pedal an clipped in there good. It's like it has uneven pressure or too immovable. It's dangerous and it breaking continues to cost me tow bill money

My Cars
    1993 318is/who to knows
    I did this ecact same thing on my then 97 328is. I found an exact fit eye end from something else and welded it on. It worked. What happens is peddle maxes out the travel of the plunger. That plastic hook eye end bottoms out on the slave. The peddle squishes it until it breaks off. It's avoidable with a proper spaced clutch peddle stop umder the peddle.
    Nobody would recertify these machines after somebody screwed with them without any visibility into what they did.

HONK! HONK! Clown car coming through!

-Oakdizzle

My Cars
    '98 M3 Alpine White
    Plastic just gets brittle over time. Replacing the master is the best overall solution.
    I did make a new eyelet from aluminum one time, epoxied and pinned it. Worked fine but too time consuming.
    See ya later,

tony
    '98 M3, '92 Dinan3, '05 R1100S BCR, '07 R1200S, Aprilia T

My Cars
    E21 323i, E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderg0d View Post
    I did this ecact same thing on my then 97 328is. I found an exact fit eye end from something else and welded it on. It worked. What happens is peddle maxes out the travel of the plunger. That plastic hook eye end bottoms out on the slave. The peddle squishes it until it breaks off. It's avoidable with a proper spaced clutch peddle stop umder the peddle.
    I broke an E21 master cyl once because I didn't notice it was adjustable (unlike the OE one) and the metal eye bottomed out and snapped the end of the rod off.