Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Valvetronic Motor reset after Eccetric Sensor replacement

My Cars
    2007 335i -2011 335i fbo
    Agreed. You can hear the valvetronic doing it thing every time you hit that start button.
    Quote Originally Posted by White94RX View Post
    Like I said previously, the calibration or sweep is not needed. Stick the key in, turn on the key, wait a few seconds, cycle the key if it makes you warm and fuzzy inside, and start the engine. I never do the calibration.

My Cars
    former 735i owner
    I just had the valve cover replaced, gasket was leaking so since it was coming off I decided to replace with an aluminum one. After everything was done my independent mechanic could not get the valvetronic motor to relearn/recalibrate. He had replaced the previous cover that was cracked when I originally bought the car (2007 328i) 100,000 miles ago and had no issues and he has done about a dozen of these and never had an issue. He looked online and I have too and can not find instructions for the relearn process for a pushbutton/fob system...only a traditional key.
    Does anyone have instructions or a link to any that I can't find?
    Also, is this something that can be done with an iSCAN tool or similar? He only has a basic code reader, but there is an independent shop nearby that has one.
    Thanks
    Last edited by v1rott; 05-14-2023 at 01:43 PM.

My Cars
    88 mustang
    is it the same for 2013 f30 n55 thanks for info

My Cars
    2011 BMW 328xi Auto
    Basically, turn the motor with an Allen key clockwise until there’s tension. Stop at the tension. That puts the motor in service mode. Then remove bolts. Then turn motor with Allen key counter clockwise until the motor is loose and you can easily pull it out. Make sure you have the absolute correct eccentric shaft motor gasket and don’t go cheap. Get OEM because cheap gasket will cause a vacuum leak. Put new gasket on, slide motor in but do not force it in. Align it with the cog wheel, then take the Allen key and turn clockwise until the motor is pulled in. Fasten all the bolts. Take Allen key and turn motor counter clockwise until there’s tension, which is about 25 turns. Once you reach tension, turn clockwise just a little, like a 1/4 of a turn. Go in car. Put key in. Press start but don’t start car. Wait 15 seconds. Turn car off. Pull key out. Wait 20 seconds. Put key in. Press start button. Don’t turn on car. Wait 20 seconds. Turn off car. Pull key out. Wait 20 seconds. Put key in. Press start button. Don’t turn on car. Wait 20 seconds. Now press brake and start car. If you have a stumbling idle after that procedure, it’s not the eccentric motor. It’s a vacuum leak after the MAF. Ask me how I know this. Lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12