Thread: Email Notifications - Part 2

My Cars
    98 Turbo M3, 04 E53 X5

Email Notifications - Part 2

March 14th was the last day I received an email notification. Im pretty active on the forum and I subscribe to threads alot.

Can you please look into this?

Thank you!

98 Fern Green M3/2 - Precision 6870/AR Designs Twin Scroll/RK/E85
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmaxx - Family Whip
    2011 Pierce 75' Quint - Fire Apparatus West Islip FD

IcemanBHE is offline ¿pǝpɹɐʇǝɹ noʎ ǝɹɐ
    My Cars
    (4x7)+8=36
    What provider?
    95 840Ci, Calypso Red/Silver, 83k - 99 740i, Black/Black, 185k, Alpina Mods - 01 740i, Titanium/Silver, 40k, Sport Pkg
    Complete Turnkey Diagnostic/Programming systems available...PM for details.

http://www.8Coupe.com - Please register, spot, and help the project.

My Cars
    98 Turbo M3, 04 E53 X5
    optonline.net

My Cars
    98 Turbo M3, 04 E53 X5
    Any update?

My Cars
    E30 M3 & E36 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by NY98M3 View Post
    March 14th was the last day I received an email notification. Im pretty active on the forum and I subscribe to threads alot.

Can you please look into this?

Thank you!
    I have the same problem. I get no notification updates via e-mail, despite subscribing to almost all threads that I post in. Did an administrator ever contact you? Notifications most likely are going to my Gmail spam folder, in which case I have to periodically check this folder to make sure that a notification isn't stuck there.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Unfortunately, we send out huge amounts of email regularly and email providers *cough*hotmail*cough* love to block us.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    E30 M3 & E36 M3/4/5
    Just as an update, I recently removed all filters from my Gmail account and still do not get email notifications. I'm curious if other Gmail users are also not getting notifications.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Let me check... I recently updated a bunch of settings. I thought they would start to go through.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    I moved the outbound email to another provider for the time being... that should solve the issue until I get the other unblocked.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Kev: Now my email notification also does not work anymore. Do not get any emails anymore when a post is reported to the mod team as spam etc.
    I do not use a free email address provider, that is a paid one.
    Last edited by shogun; 07-05-2016 at 09:35 PM.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Ya... apparently the new smtp provider did not like that very much. So, changed it again.

My Cars
    E30 M3 & E36 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    @Kevlar , would you explain how to use this link? Thanks.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    When it shows up red we have been blacklisted again. Mail should be going out if it is green unless your providers doesn't respect their rules.

Sent from my iPhone using BF.com

My Cars
    E30 M3 & E36 M3/4/5
    As of 7/25/16, I'm still not receiving email notifications to my Gmail account. Is there something I could do or should do to correct this? Note that all of my filters in gmail have been deleted.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratinoff View Post
    As of 7/25/16, I'm still not receiving email notifications to my Gmail account. Is there something I could do or should do to correct this? Note that all of my filters in gmail have been deleted.
    Well that one is easy... your email address is not set to @gmail.com, it is set to @usc.edu

My Cars
    E30 M3 & E36 M3/4/5
    I just updated my email address. Totally lame.
    Last edited by Ratinoff; 12-23-2020 at 08:16 PM.

My Cars
    E30 M3 & E36 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratinoff View Post
    I just updated my email address. Totally lame.
    I'm posting again to confirm I get an email notification, after changing thread subscription to instant email notifiy.

I have a few questions:

1.) Is there an option to create a thread subscription that offers both an instant email notification and a control panel notification?
    2.) If you post in a thread you have a subscription for, do you get a notification of your own post?
    3.) For subscribed threads, what is the time delay between when a post is made to when you get an email notification? 1 minute? 1 hour?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Ratinoff; 12-23-2020 at 08:24 PM.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    see settings, you can test it, go on top right to settings and test the various settings. Messaging & Notification >>> Default Thread Subscription Mode:......
    When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    E30 M3 & E36 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun View Post
    see settings, you can test it, go on top right to settings and test the various settings. Messaging & Notification >>> Default Thread Subscription Mode:......
    When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
    I didn't get an email notification in gmail of my own post made 12/23/2020, but did get email notification of your post. The time between when you posted and when I received an email notification was about 30 minutes. I changed my settings in Message & Notification to get an instant email notification anytime someone posts in a thread I've posted in, so I'm assuming that I will now get an email notification and message in my control panel notifying me of the post.

My Cars
    E30 M3 & E36 M3/4/5
    I don't get gmail emails from bimmerforums indicating that I received a personal message, however I get an email from Tapatalk. This doesn't seem right, since I don't have nor want tapatalk installed on my android smartphone.

Sorry. False alarm. I'm getting Gmail emails from both tapatalk and bimmerfourms when I receive a personal message. How do I stop getting email notifications from tapatalk?
    Last edited by Ratinoff; 01-18-2021 at 09:18 AM.