Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever buy from FCP Euro ?

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by NJDave View Post
    Looks like I may be wrong about FCP after all …. Even though the E39 water pump pulley did have two chips on it (on arrival from FCP), and that the power steering pump pulley had some "sketchy" look about it (the center mounting hole had a "roughness" around the inner bevelled edge (where it should have been almost "milled smooth"), left me wondering if the power steering pump pulley had been attempted to be mounted to a pump hub, and sent back to the dealer that FCP got the pulley from, or sent back to FCP and resold. Eiher way I called them this Monday, and they couldn't have been more decent. They agreed both pulleys should be returned, and that they would replace them, even covering return shipping back to FCP. I'll have to wait on the two replacements to comment on their quality (the are indicated to be BMW Genuine, and look like they originally come from the Bridgeport BMW dealership - dealer code was on the previous pulley bags.

As far as the Continential ContiTech belts … I had a conversation with tech support at Continential USA, and they stated that the occasional white colored "cord" being seen on the belts outer edging, was normal in manufacturing these days. It's just the way the belts are cut or something like that. Previously, I had two belts on the E39 that were on since I originally got it from the dealer (back in 2002 - now only has 60k, with being stored every winter since) …. and the older Continential belts didn't have any of the white cord edging exposure like the new ContiTech belts do (years back the belt edging was solid black).

So all in all, I would now rate FCP high on my list for parts for BMW. You sure can't beat their prices, various discounts, and friendly customer service, and lifetime parts replacements ….. I'll have to see what happens when I get my replacement pulley order in the next week or so.

Guess my beef with FCP was that, It was my first time ordering from FCP, and I should have given them the benefit of the doubt. it was also late Friday when I received my order from UPS, and FCP closes early Fridays (and not open Saturdays), so I had no one to bounce this issue off of …. I suppose I was just pissed that my E39 was going to sit another week or so waiting for replacement parts.

Sorry FCP for the blow-up …
    It's all good. We'll always take care of our customers. If there is an issue with an order or something didn't go right on an order I don't mind if it makes it to the forum. It gives everyone an opportunity to talk about it and there are times we definitely get it wrong and I'll be the first to admit to that. At the end of the day if an order isn't perfect we want the chance to get it right and fix whatever went wrong. In regards to the pulleys, I've seen the OE pulleys chip before. BMW does not do a good job packaging them and they are typically loose in the boxes when we get them in. Sometimes the pulleys will be sitting under other inventory we receive in (we usually get stuff delivered in big boxes on pallets) and the original packaging gets mangled. Most of the guys who work in our distribution center know to check the pulleys for chips or any surface damage if the packaging has been compromised but it looks like one may have gotten through. I'm more than happy to replace that for you and get it sent out. I'll check it personally before it goes out as well. And in regards to the belts, all of the serpentine belts are like that these days but I like the explanation Contiental was able to give you on that.
    Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, Free Shipping on $49+, and Hassle-Free Returns.
    FCP Euro - OEM & Genuine European Auto Parts Online

My Cars
    E46 M3
    I gave up on FCP years ago. I use ECS, BMAParts ot Ticher BMW.

I recently bought a SuperSprint muffler for my M3 ($1800) from ECS and one of the tips got damaged during shipping.
    ECS sent a replacement same day, had a tracking number before I got of the phone. A1+ customer service.

A big plus with ECS is the awesome photos of almost ever part listed.

My Cars
    1985 535i, 1980 635CSi
    I have had no problem with ECS, FCP euro or any others I have used

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
    I gave up on FCP years ago.
    I'm sorry to hear that. What issues did you have if you don't mind my asking?

My Cars
    1988 BMW 635
    I've used fcpeuro for my volvo parts and it was fine but now I use eeuroparts (direct pickup is great in CT). I think FCPeuro is a step above partsgeek, but all these issues of re-packaging and shipping out parts sounds very partsgeeky. Partsgeek sent me cheaper parts in the more expensive boxes, it was ridiculous and obvious. I didn't have the time to ship it back so I argued to have the prices adjusted and they did that, after many weeks. The guy who got sent the same shit shocks repeatedly has a very legitimate axe to grind.

My Cars
    81 euro 635, 4.4 X5
    Soda blasting is a very easy type of material. Soda blasting is good for paint removal. It will not remove bondo or rust. Lots of pros and cons, but I have restored a "few" cars and use the blasting as a last resort. The reason being is that 2 guys and two galons of real hi end stripper and a box of single edged razor blades can strip the entire outer shell of the body in +/- 4 hours. If you are totally tearing the car down, and I mean down, electro chemical dipping does it all
    81 Euro undergoing total nut and bolt restoration
    pictures at: flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos

My Cars
    BMW E39i, Nissan Z

Thumbs down

Well "FCP EURO MEMBER"
    FCP Spokesman on this forum

Fool me once, shame on me …. twice … shame on you.
    Guess I got ahead of myself, giving FCP the benefit of the doubt, a few days ago!

Here it is Friday afternoon, just like last week when the first FCP package arrived *and I got the "chipped" BMW Genuine water pump pulley.
    Well, just like last week, the second package arrived, with my newly ordered BMW Genuine water pump pulley (last weeks was returned for a refund) …. and THE SECOND water pump pulley also now arrived with a large "chip" in it,
    like the FIRST ONE received last week. The water pump bag was also plastered with multiple BMW shipping labels, lending one to ask where does FCP gets its parts from anyways?!

I also noticed that an INA Hydraulic tensioner (also received from FCP yesterday), was also defective, as shipped. The top metal/plastic bushing is simply loose and moves around in the aluminum housing too much. This bushing should be tight in the upper aluminum housing of the tensioner. When the tensioner is installed with the whole lower AC tension unit, the AC belt idler wheel had too much "slop and play", and felts like it would rattle and bounce the idler wheel around if run with the belt attached (compared to the 15 year old hydraulic tensioner taken off my E39, that doesn't have any "slop or play" in the top metal/plastic bushing … unlike the new INA one FCP just sent me - that's going back to FCP too).

I'll have to wrap this up, saying (since dealing with these last two orders from FCP), that I now have absolutely NO confidence in continuing to order my BMW parts from FCP. i would still highly recommend ECS Tuning, Turner, Bav Auto, GetBMWParts, Pelican, your local BMW Dealership parts, etc., over FCP.

Looks like I'm just going to have to go over to the local BMW dealer in town, and pick up the water pump pulley from them instead.

All I can say with FCP is … buyers beware … (FCP) fool me twice, shame on you!
    - First-time customer & last-time customer
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NJDave; 06-24-2017 at 01:04 PM.

My Cars
    1987 M6
    Trolls? Ok look, you got a problem with a vendor, that's your business. Insult members trying to help, you make it our business.

If I have problems, I would say so, without acting like a jerk to other members. Don't count on my help in the future.

Jose
    1987 M6
    Livin the dream!

My Cars
    BMW E39i, Nissan Z
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHose View Post
    Trolls? Ok look, you got a problem with a vendor, that's your business. Insult members trying to help, you make it our business.

If I have problems, I would say so, without acting like a jerk to other members. Don't count on my help in the future.

Jose
    Got a point there … nothing personal.
    Trolls was not the right term (since removed)

My Cars
    1983 BMW 633CSi
    Nothing but great service and pricing from FCP Euro! I always check them first.

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    Well "FCP EURO MEMBER"
    FCP Spokesman on this forum

Fool me once, shame on me …. twice … shame on you.
    Guess I got ahead of myself, giving FCP the benefit of the doubt, a few days ago!

Here it is Friday afternoon, just like last week when the first FCP package arrived *and I got the "chipped" BMW Genuine water pump pulley.
    Well, just like last week, the second package arrived, with my newly ordered BMW Genuine water pump pulley (last weeks was returned for a refund) …. and THE SECOND water pump pulley also has a "chip" in it, like the FIRST ONE received last week. The water pump bag was also plastered with multiple BMW shipping labels, lending one to ask where does FCP gets its parts from anyways?!

Looks like the talk about FCP "quality control" is just that … talk.
    FCP: "Most of the guys who work in our distribution center know to check the pulleys for chips or any surface damage"
    Looks like NO ONE in FCP shipping checked to see water pulley "chipped pieces" laying in sealed bag!

I also noticed that an INA Hydraulic tensioner (also received from FCP yesterday), was also defective, as shipped. The top metal/plastic bushing is simply loose and moves around in the aluminum housing too much. This bushing should be tight in the upper aluminum housing of the tensioner. When the tensioner is installed with the whole lower AC tension unit, the AC belt idler wheel had too much "slop and play", and felts like it would rattle and bounce the idler wheel around if run with the belt attached (compared to the 15 year old hydraulic tensioner taken off my E39, that doesn't have any "slop or play" in the top metal/plastic bushing … unlike the new INA one FCP just sent me - that's going back to FCP too).

Can't help but wonder if there is just something "not kosher" about FCP, and where, and how, they get their parts. Are their parts "second hand" dealer returns or rejects, or wholesale distributor returns? But what ever, there are way too many issues in my ordering quality parts from FCP, and I now have absolutely NO confidence in the BMW Parts FCP sells. i would still highly recommend ECS Tuning, Turner, Bav Auto, GetBMWParts, Pelican, your local BMW Dealership parts, etc., over FCP.

Now I'm just going to the local BMW dealer in town, and pick up the water pump pulley from them.

All the FCP "discounts" and so called "Low prices" just aren't worth the hassle ordering from FCP (as others on this forum have said as well).
    Gotta wonder if all the FCP "discounting and price reductions" aren't just something (like Pennys and Macy's do) to make you feel like your getting a bargain, when in fact you really aren't, especially in the hassle your may get into
    with some of these parts from FCP.

All I can say with FCP is … buyers beware … (FCP) fool me twice, shame on you!
    - First-time customer & last-time customer
    Dave,

I sincerely apologize again for this. I'm not sure why this pulley chipped in transit. We may just need to bubble wrap these since they seem to be fragile and from what I can tell, this has not been a problem with this specific part in the past. And I'm not just a spokesperson for FCP Euro but I also manage the BMW Parts Catalog. Everything on the website for sale is my responsibility.

In regards to the labels on the bag, BMW does that internally. You can see the label where it says the customer is FCP Euro on it. That means BMW sold it to us as the customer on their system. The multiple labels is not uncommon and if sourced second hand the customer info would say something different. Every label on the pulley bag is done by BMW. That is their labeling system, not a secondary seller.

In regards to the INA tensioner plastic bushing being loose and pivoting, that is not a defect, that is how INA designs them now. The part from the dealer is 100% identical in the design. This however is not the same as BMW originally installed on the vehicle so when comparing the two you will see that difference.

I'm sorry you feel like you have been fooled. However, I understand where you are coming from on the customer side. I don't think the pulley would have been shipped in that condition, I truly believe it happened in transit. I'm PMing you with a resolution.

My Cars
    Check the Signature
    Well I don't normally weigh in, but considering I deal with Brian on a weekly basis, I think spending $10,000-$20,000 annually at FCP I should say something.

I, like a few others didn't like FCP Groton, but FCP Euro courted me hard going back to the beginning of their change in direction. Needless to say, it worked, I used AutohausAZ exclusively prior and FCP has been my exclusive online supplier since 2013. While I do get damaged or wrong parts I can say that FCP has done it least out of all my suppliers, including Advance Auto and my local BMW dealer. Far more importantly when I have had the wrong part or issue, there is no worry that they will be right there to take care of it. For all the complaining other Dave did, he said more positive about the company than negative, they stood behind their parts twice. When Pelican messed up an order twice back in 2010 for me they got verbally angry with me, like it was my fault the parts were defective. Then there was the subpar AutohausAZ customer service... I am loyal to FCP, Brian and Dan before that. I really enjoy the ease of ordering and great phone service, for when I need to order a part for a client but don't have time for the site or even email.

In closing, I like them and when I have had the rare issue they have taken great care of me. In fact I personally think their new lifetime warranty system is a bad idea, but they did it anyway! So Im not some shill. haha

I use them.
    BMW Dave
    Last edited by samsonevickis; 06-24-2017 at 11:19 AM.
    Present:
    '96 750iL (Project)
    '95 C1500 350 V8
    '03 540i M Sport AT
    '22 GMC Sierra 1500 DD
    '92 Olds Toronado Trofeo (Project)

Past:
    '93 325is (Parted)
    '95 840Ci (Sold)
    '86 735i (Parted)
    '02 Z3 3.0i (Sold)
    '09 328i (Leased)
    '91 750iL (Parted)
    '00 Z3 2.5i (Sold)
    '86 944 NA AT (Sold)
    '84 633 CSi (Sold)
    '06 X3 3.0 (Sold)
    '20 M2:Competition 6spd (Sold)

My Cars
    BMW E39i, Nissan Z

Question

[QUOTE=samsonevickis;… "So Im not some shill. haha"

Hmmmm ….. One has to expect, that after any company/customer experience in forum "warning" posts … you'll always get the company "shills" to show up at some point after you post!
    It's how they continue to get company part discounts.
    Last edited by NJDave; 06-24-2017 at 03:27 PM.

My Cars
    89 635CSi, Nissan Murano
    [QUOTE=NJDave;29750802][QUOTE=samsonevickis;… "So Im not some shill. haha"

Hmmmm ….. One has to expect, that after any company/customer experience in forum "warning" posts … you'll always get the company "shills" to show up at some point after you post!
    It's how they continue to get company part discounts.[/QUOTE]

NJDave,

Not a "shill" here either, I can't tell you how long I have been buying from FCP but it seems to me the 1st time I saw them was on eBay, they were selling budget suspension kits, which lots of folks do. I checked with them and asked if they had higher quality parts, they said sure, it will cost you LOL, that's usually the case. I have bounced around, as most of us do looking for parts but always check with them at some point because it seems like I can find quality parts at a reasonable price and if I had a problem they have always worked with me to make things right. I have bought a lot of stuff over the years, not just car and I've found in so many cases when an item is damaged, it's usually in shipping, stuff just gets bounced around, what I appreciate is when a vendor, who ever they are says Op's sorry for the problem, we will get a replacement right out to you, as opposed to them saying well it was damaged in shipping, talk to the shipper :-( I've had that happen.

I just ordered a replacement water pump for the coupe, I'll take a couple pictures when it shows up and post them, I sure hope I'm not jinksing myself here, I need my pump...

Good luck with your project.
    SprCpe
    1989 635csi # 3268410
    Built in Germany with love.
    Ostatecznym maszyny jazdy BMW

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    "So Im not some shill. haha"

It's how they continue to get company part discounts.

At the end of the day we do our best to take care of customers even when things don't go smoothly, even if this is at a loss on our end in terms of profit. Our customer service department is processing a refund on your second order today in total for the order. As a measure of good faith I am shipping another pulley at no additional cost to you as I promised in a PM I sent to you on Saturday with a proposed resolution.
    Last edited by FCPEuro; 06-26-2017 at 11:33 AM.

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by samsonevickis View Post
    Well I don't normally weigh in, but considering I deal with Brian on a weekly basis, I think spending $10,000-$20,000 annually at FCP I should say something.

I, like a few others didn't like FCP Groton, but FCP Euro courted me hard going back to the beginning of their change in direction. Needless to say, it worked, I used AutohausAZ exclusively prior and FCP has been my exclusive online supplier since 2013. While I do get damaged or wrong parts I can say that FCP has done it least out of all my suppliers, including Advance Auto and my local BMW dealer. Far more importantly when I have had the wrong part or issue, there is no worry that they will be right there to take care of it. For all the complaining other Dave did, he said more positive about the company than negative, they stood behind their parts twice. When Pelican messed up an order twice back in 2010 for me they got verbally angry with me, like it was my fault the parts were defective. Then there was the subpar AutohausAZ customer service... I am loyal to FCP, Brian and Dan before that. I really enjoy the ease of ordering and great phone service, for when I need to order a part for a client but don't have time for the site or even email.

In closing, I like them and when I have had the rare issue they have taken great care of me. In fact I personally think their new lifetime warranty system is a bad idea, but they did it anyway! So Im not some shill. haha

I use them.
    BMW Dave
    Thank you for your continued support and business. Sicne you've been with us for a long time you have seen the changes that we have made over the years. We are far from perfect and we do get things wrong here and there but we are always striving to improve where possible. If you ever need anything please feel free to reach out to me as well.

- Gareth

Quote Originally Posted by SprCpe View Post
    what I appreciate is when a vendor, who ever they are says Op's sorry for the problem, we will get a replacement right out to you, as opposed to them saying well it was damaged in shipping, talk to the shipper :-( I've had that happen.
    I've been there personally and I refuse to let a customer deal with a problem like that on their own.

I just ordered a replacement water pump for the coupe, I'll take a couple pictures when it shows up and post them, I sure hope I'm not jinksing myself here, I need my pump...
    Let me know when you place that order. I'll keep my eye on it for you.

My Cars
    89 635CSi, Nissan Murano
    Quote Originally Posted by FCPEuro View Post
    Thank you for your continued support and business. Sicne you've been with us for a long time you have seen the changes that we have made over the years. We are far from perfect and we do get things wrong here and there but we are always striving to improve where possible. If you ever need anything please feel free to reach out to me as well.

- Gareth

I've been there personally and I refuse to let a customer deal with a problem like that on their own.

Let me know when you place that order. I'll keep my eye on it for you.
    Ordered it last Wednesday, standard freight USPS, it shows as being out for delivery today :-) pretty quick from one side of the country to the other. Thanks, I'll let you know when it gets here.
    Last edited by SprCpe; 06-26-2017 at 02:42 PM.
    SprCpe
    1989 635csi # 3268410

My Cars
    89 635CSi, Nissan Murano
    Ordered it last Wednesday, standard freight USPS, it shows as being out for delivery today :-) pretty quick from one side of the country to the other. Thanks, I'll let you know when it gets here.
    Water pump came in, back on the car and the coupe is running :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SprCpe
    1989 635csi # 3268410

My Cars
    81 euro 635, 4.4 X5
    [COLOR=#333333]QUOTE=NJDave;29750802]
    Quote Originally Posted by samsonevickis;… "So Im not some shill. haha"[/COLOR
    Hmmmm ….. One has to expect, that after any company/customer experience in forum "warning" posts … you'll always get the company "shills" to show up at some point after you post! It's how they continue to get company part discounts.

NJDave,

Bud you should know who you are talking about before you open your mouth Other Dave is as good and straight a guy as you will meet. Maybe you should go over to the Mye28 forum where the guys there thrive on ripping people a new one.
    81 Euro undergoing total nut and bolt restoration
    pictures at: flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos

My Cars
    1984 BMW 633 CSi
    I have bought quite a few parts for my 2002 Z3 from FCP Euro and all were exactly the manufacture and high quality I would expect and I like the life time warranty. In fact I just replaced the Throttle housing I got from them and everything went great with the install.

They advertise that they are from Connecticut, but one interesting thing I have noticed with two of my orders. One order came from California and the other just shipped yesterday from a local BMW dealership just 25 miles from my house.

I have bought parts from suppliers from A to Z, but I generally look for specific brand parts and get them from the cheapest supplier or if I am buying multiple parts I will get them from the one with the overall lowest price including shipping cost and lately that has been FCP.

I have only ever had one issue ordering from either Pelican or AutoGeeks and that was for front brake piston for my Z3. The only manufacture I could find that supplied only the pistons was Centric, who ever the #$% they are, and I didn't want to spend the money for entirely new calipers. Two pistons arrived in a box with no filler and they were in thin plastic bags. One of the two was damaged so I sent one back after going through their ridiculous return policy and waiting two weeks. I got a replacement that was also damaged and when through the same again. Sent that one back and finally got a second good unit. I will never buy anything Centric product. Brake pistons should come in descent packaging like heavy cardboard boxes or even better bubble wrapped and boxed individually. I question whether they even left the factory undamaged.

As far as where the parts are actually manufactured, even brand name parts are made in numerous factories all over the world, Unless it says the part is Made in Germany you may get a part made by a German company that has factories in locations like "Russia" and I doubt suppliers like FCP Euro have control over that. If the part has a German flag next to it on a suppliers website does that actually mean it was Made in Germany or is it from a German supplier that may have made the part in one of their factories in another country. Do any of you really thing all the parts on a BMW made in Germany came from suppliers who actually made all the parts in Germany or are some of the parts from German companies who actually made the parts in other countries. I will say I will not knowingly buy parts made in China even if it is from a well know supplier with factories there. Example: Volvo cars made in China, no way even if I liked Volvos.

My Cars
    M5,328i,3.0csi,635csi
    Hi Everyone,
    I also want to put in a good word for FCP Euro. Very good customer support and the lifetime guarantee sends a very positive message to the market in relation to customer satisfaction as the primary driver of their company as an ongoing concern. I've been historically a Pelican customer but lately I've preferred the stock sourcing and availability on FCP and competitive pricing. I've spent quite a few thousand on parts for a number of Bimmers from '73 to 2002, for the past 15 years. It seems like lately, the OEMs themselves many times produce a lot of sub-par stuff for the secondary market. This is something that the parts sellers have nothing to do with, as far as I've seen.

A few years ago I heard that the original BMW parts do go through a more stringent quality control prior to redistribution and I've always been a bit skeptical of that but lately I've seen that for most cases, the original BMW-packaged parts (especially mechanical, electro-mechanical, and unsprung mass related) do last more. Generally speaking, there seems to be a pretty clear trade-off between quality and price, with few parts types where the trade-off is beaten (trim parts, non-unsprung, non-mechanical, etc.).

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Vila View Post
    They advertise that they are from Connecticut, but one interesting thing I have noticed with two of my orders. One order came from California and the other just shipped yesterday from a local BMW dealership just 25 miles from my house.
    We sometimes utilize drop-shipping to fulfill orders when we don't carry stock in our warehouse or if it will take longer to bring the item in just in time than it is to simply drop-ship. However, some of our stock in our physical warehouse comes from the same vendors that will drop-ship for us. We can't keep 100% stock on everything we sell but we do stock items based on their sales velocity. For those items we will import them/buy direct from the manufacturer. If sales volume is slower and isn't classified as a top mover we will usually JIT (just in time) or drop-ship it to the customer. It's nice to have fulfillment options and flexibility from time to time based on operating conditions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by parlant View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I also want to put in a good word for FCP Euro. Very good customer support and the lifetime guarantee sends a very positive message to the market in relation to customer satisfaction as the primary driver of their company as an ongoing concern. I've been historically a Pelican customer but lately I've preferred the stock sourcing and availability on FCP and competitive pricing. I've spent quite a few thousand on parts for a number of Bimmers from '73 to 2002, for the past 15 years. It seems like lately, the OEMs themselves many times produce a lot of sub-par stuff for the secondary market. This is something that the parts sellers have nothing to do with, as far as I've seen.

A few years ago I heard that the original BMW parts do go through a more stringent quality control prior to redistribution and I've always been a bit skeptical of that but lately I've seen that for most cases, the original BMW-packaged parts (especially mechanical, electro-mechanical, and unsprung mass related) do last more. Generally speaking, there seems to be a pretty clear trade-off between quality and price, with few parts types where the trade-off is beaten (trim parts, non-unsprung, non-mechanical, etc.).
    It depends on what it is in all honesty. We sell a few parts that we list as "OEM Supplier" which have the BMW markings manually removed from them. These types of parts generally speaking either come from the manufacturer of the part who is contracted by BMW or in some cases the part is actually sold off by BMW into the market. In the case of where the part is sold off by BMW it's usually because of overstock on their end. They have contracts with suppliers that stipulate a certain volume. If they can't move the volume due to demand or a shifting market place they will sell off their stock under the condition that the part is neutralized and anything linking it to BMW is removed. Sometimes this is the only way to get an OE part without going to the dealer.

My Cars
    M5,328i,3.0csi,635csi
    Quote Originally Posted by FCPEuro View Post
    We sometimes utilize drop-shipping to fulfill orders when we don't carry stock in our warehouse or if it will take longer to bring the item in just in time than it is to simply drop-ship. However, some of our stock in our physical warehouse comes from the same vendors that will drop-ship for us. We can't keep 100% stock on everything we sell but we do stock items based on their sales velocity. For those items we will import them/buy direct from the manufacturer. If sales volume is slower and isn't classified as a top mover we will usually JIT (just in time) or drop-ship it to the customer. It's nice to have fulfillment options and flexibility from time to time based on operating conditions.

- - - Updated - - -

It depends on what it is in all honesty. We sell a few parts that we list as "OEM Supplier" which have the BMW markings manually removed from them. These types of parts generally speaking either come from the manufacturer of the part who is contracted by BMW or in some cases the part is actually sold off by BMW into the market. In the case of where the part is sold off by BMW it's usually because of overstock on their end. They have contracts with suppliers that stipulate a certain volume. If they can't move the volume due to demand or a shifting market place they will sell off their stock under the condition that the part is neutralized and anything linking it to BMW is removed. Sometimes this is the only way to get an OE part without going to the dealer.
    That's interesting reference, thanks for sharing.
    Best,
    Pedro

My Cars
    z3
    I am getting ready to overhaul my coolant system. Apparently there is a change from 2005 to 2006 that I almost missed. It took multiple phone calls to reps before I got a guy named Kyle on the phone. He was helpfull, others where not.

In filling out the Credit Card info now.

My Cars
    86 635,72 E3, 88M6,73 E9
    A while back, I saw Lemforder control arms for my M6 at 30 bucks on the FCP website so I jumped on them. I received OCAP arms so called FCP and they said they had listed Lemforder in error and then.......paid for shipping of the OCAP arms back to them and sent me Lemforder arms at no additional cost. I think that says it all.
    Rob E3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast