Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever buy from FCP Euro ?

My Cars
    88M6 01330ci 07X3si

Anyone ever buy from FCP Euro ?

BMW Control Arm Upgrade Kit (E28 E24) - E2816Piece

| Write a review | Report an error
    Brand:Level 1 Kit - See DescriptionSKU #:e2816piecePart:Suspension KitOE Numbers:31121132353, 31121132354, 31121139987, 31121139988, 31351134582, 32211135666, 32211129014, 32211136450, 33551126932, 33311130488, 33321126476, 101-4951 73199, 101-4055 67285, 101-5203 67214, 101-5251 71460,, 27419CS ID:27419 $503.25 MSRP: $1,006.50

My Cars
    1985 635CSi
    Yes, not a bad product. I went all lemfoerder brand. Car rides smooth as butter at least a few thousand miles later.

My Cars
    86 635,72 E3, 88M6,73 E9
    I buy most parts from Autohaus Az, BMA and sometimes FCP if they will have the best price. Customer service has been quite good. That said, there have been people for and against these kits, my sense is more against. As suggested, Lemforder or Myle HD for OEM. Others will chime in if you want a step above ie poly bushings (where another set of opinions awaits).
    Rob E3

My Cars
    81 euro 635, 4.4 X5
    Not from experience, but from being on the various boards a while. Make absolutely sure of the brand from FPC as they do carry some Chinese stuff that is pure crap and does not have much. longevity
    Last edited by Bert Poliakoff; 03-15-2014 at 03:08 PM.
    81 Euro undergoing total nut and bolt restoration
    pictures at: flickr.com/photos/bertsphotos

My Cars
    1988 e24, 2000 e38
    FCP used to not identify the brands they sold, and you ended up with Chinese suspension parts that have a very short wear life. The company did a good job listening to complaints and have now added quality parts and designate what brand of part you are receiving. Customer service has been good to me when I needed them. I was an FCP basher back in the day, but their company changes have softened my view.

Maury

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    I think Mauryc said it best,

" The company did a good job listening to complaints and have now added quality parts and designate what brand of part you are receiving."

Over the years we completely made a commitment to quality and service by only carrying the quality brands that our BMW customers suggest which is why we now offer a 100% Lifetime Satisfaction Guarantee with all our parts. Also we have just recently issued a price match guarantee to make sure we are always offering the best prices to our customers (see below):

"New for 2014: FCP Price Match Guarantee We’re committed to providing the lowest prices every day, on everything. So if you find a lower advertised price on an identical product, tell us at sales@fcpeuro.com and we’ll match it. We compare prices on over 125,000 OEM & Genuine replacement parts, so shop with confidence. At FCP we would never ask you to compromise quality for low prices. Rest assured - If you buy an item on FCP Euro and find a lower advertised price on the same item within 30 days of the purchase date, we will issue you store credit, plus 10%, in the amount of the difference between what you paid and the current price on the other site. The item must be the same item, by the same manufacturer, in the same item condition. FCP Euro only sells new, un-used items. The item must be regularly priced and excludes "sale" or "clearance" items."

As always thank you for your continuous support and if you ever have any questions or concerns we have Reps on call Mon-Sat 8am-8pm (est) at 1-877-634-0063.

Kind Regards,
    Max Rossi (FCP Vice Pres. Online Support)

Last edited by FCPEuro; 03-15-2014 at 05:04 PM.
    Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, Free Shipping on $49+, and Hassle-Free Returns.
    FCP Euro - OEM & Genuine European Auto Parts Online

My Cars
    '86 635
    I'm sour towards the company, based on past personal experiences.

But, the prices are hard (and now impossible) to beat. I have vowed to never buy a product from them after the last dealing with them a year and a half ago. It didn't matter what I was buying- so called new bilstein strut shock absorbers; that are repackaged defective returns being sold as new. Took 3 pairs a multiple weeks of struts to eventually give up on the expectations of new. I don't care if they had a free shopping spree- never again.

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by 86GT635 View Post
    I'm sour towards the company, based on past personal experiences.

But, the prices are hard (and now impossible) to beat. I have vowed to never buy a product from them after the last dealing with them a year and a half ago. It didn't matter what I was buying- so called new bilstein strut shock absorbers; that are repackaged defective returns being sold as new. Took 3 pairs a multiple weeks of struts to eventually give up on the expectations of new. I don't care if they had a free shopping spree- never again.

I can assure you that all of our parts are new and if you received something that was re-packaged then it was clearly a mistake and we will do everything we can to make it right for you. Feel free to email me directly at max@fcpeuro.com and I will be more than happy to look into further and rectify any negative situation for you.

Kind Regards,
    Max
    Last edited by FCPEuro; 03-17-2014 at 11:42 AM.

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    I buy all my OEM parts and anything else I need from FCP. Every standard replacement part for my old turbo E34 (in this month's issue if Bimmer mag) and my current touring build came from there. I feel the prices are the best and I always get my parts quick. Lately I have been buying tons of new interior parts for the touring.

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert Poliakoff View Post
    Not from experience, but from being on the various boards a while. Make absolutely sure of the brand from FPC as they do carry some Chinese stuff that is pure crap and does not have much. longevity
    This was an issue several years ago. We tried the private label route and it didn't work for our customers or for us as a company. With our new website you can shop by brand including Genuine, OE, and some high quality aftermarket including Meyle. In the last 3 years we completely restructured our brand offerings to include more Genuine, more OE, and more name brands. For the most part you won't find any of our private label stuff on FCP Euro. We do quality inspection and analytics in house now which allows us to change brand offerings on the spot as well as to provide feedback to the manufacturers. We've even gone as far as to remove entire product lines due to poor performance and unsatisfactory responses from manufacturers on quality. We have made several other changes in this area as well and it was all due to feedback from our customers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RVAE34 View Post
    I buy all my OEM parts and anything else I need from FCP. Every standard replacement part for my old turbo E34 (in this month's issue if Bimmer mag) and my current touring build came from there. I feel the prices are the best and I always get my parts quick. Lately I have been buying tons of new interior parts for the touring.
    Thank you for your continued patronage and support! We're extremely happy we've been a part of your build on both the E34 and your E39 wagon.

My Cars
    '86 635
    You haven't stopped selling CRAP parts. CRP subframe bushings for instance- SKU #: 33311130488 $22 pair. 6 hours alldata estimate to replace at $75hr is $450. For a bushing that isn't going to be sturdy from the get go.

Max, I gotta say that's great you're reaching out. But where were you when I went through 3 pairs of struts that weren't right? Here's a 5 page thread that went on for weeks on the front page of the e34 subforum, where not once was a fcp vocal or helpful. http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...-does-it-again Hopefully you can see and understand my reasoning for the disdain.

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    86GT635,

It took a long time for FCP to earn the trust of our BMW customers over the years and we continue to make improvements to our quality and service every day. As I stated we made a commitment to listen to our customers especially the ones on the forums and we did everything possible to improve not only the quality of the parts we sell but also the service we provide to our customers so I will be sure to also look further into the subframe mount you mentioned. As head of our call center and customer service I also made several changes to surround myself with the correct people who are passionate about improving all aspects of of our company. After reading your thread I 100% agree that you should never receive any item in the condition that you received and I apologize if this wasn't taken care of for you right away. Although I don't have your order up in front of me it looks as though this happened about 2 years ago and if it was overlooked by myself or any of our staff at that time we do apologize. Once again we have come along way since then and I can assure you that we never want any of our customers to have a negative shopping experience and we try to do everything we can to rectify any problem or past situation. Please email me directly at max@fcpeuro.com with your name and possible order # so I can look into further and still try to make right for you. A bad experience is a bad experience and should never be swept under the rug hoping it goes away even if it was 2 years ago. FCP and myself are committed to being the leaders in quality and service so will always take care of any customer that is unhappy with our parts or service at any time which is why we stand by our Lifetime Guarantee. I would like to look into further and make things right so feel free to email me or contact me at any time 1-877-634-0063 ext. 204.

Kind Regards,
    Max

My Cars
    '86 635
    Just go away. After re reading the thread from last century and re hashing the emotions, I'm upset. FCP treated me as a long term customer, like shit.

This paragraph I wrote after speaking to your reps on the phone after receiving the second set of used defective shocks really hit home .

"I brought this up with the representative, and told him the newer style struts were more commonly used, and have a shorter shelf life. He wanted to know if I wanted those struts and the accompanying mounts to go with them. My grandfather doesn't want or need to spend extra on stuff that's not needed. The rep went to talk to the manager at this point. I'm presuming he asked him if he could supply the newer style parts as a consolation. When he came back he wanted to know if I wanted to return the parts or have more sent. "I just want something that's going to work".

So, he's having another pair overnighted to FCP so that he can personally visually inspect them, and if they are of working condition they will be sent out and should be here by Friday. He's saying that they were drop shipped. All of these parts are in a FCP box. My granddad gets on the phone at this point and asks if all of the parts were being drop shipped, the rep was pretty apprehensive about answering, just stating that it was entirely possible."

Questions were avoided and it's clear management was not interested in sending out the parts that were paid for and promised. Major fail.

My Cars
    87-635 '78-R80/7 '96-960
    I know the quality of your parts has definitely improved over the years. I've been driving Volvo's almost as long as the Bimmers. Parts for Volvo's like URO, MTC and a couple others were not quality. There are plenty of cheap owners that will buy the cheapest parts. But I like to order quality parts as I don't like doing the same job twice in short order. One thing that chapped my hide was purchasing the BMW suspension kit when you guys 1st started to carry them and there was not a choice of brands. Pretty got what you got including OCRAP stuff. Well within a month or less the idler arm was worse than the one I replaced. I called for a replacement, was informed I must remove the part, send back, and you'll get another. OK, car is now down since I can't steer and the replacement was the same exact part. It went directly in the trash bin. Fast forward a few years and I'll give you guys a thumbs up for turning the company around.

Now I have to add that 86GT635 and I share the same address. And you have no idea the frustration he had having spent 100's of $$$ on that order. He's ready to receive parts, install and roll. Wont bother with details. I've found other places to go for my Volvo needs, but I do still order from you.

Dave

My Cars
    E30,E24,E34,E46,E39 M5..
    86GT635... take it easy bud! You're being quite rude to someone you don't know and haven't dealt with at all. It sounds like you aren't informed about the company and it's new policies, etc. I'm not going to try and justify anything, but you shouldn't treat someone you don't know like that. It's hurtful.

Now, here's my opinion. I've been buying and installing parts for many european cars for quite a while. I ordered several parts from FCP for my E34 at a time when I didn't really care whether the parts lasted more than a year (it was just a beater). I bought a URO center support bearing (for driveshaft) and pretty much every part in the front end suspension. Within a few thousand miles the driveshaft support underwent a catastrophic failure leaving me stranded on a 250 mile trip. After less than one year and only a few thousand miles the control arms (especially the uppers) were totally shot. Yes, I installed them properly with the suspension fully compressed. They were also one of the low end brands from FCP. A friend was borrowing the car for a while and driving with the shot arms ruined the front tires on the car in about 500 miles! The same exact thing happened on my E36 and caused a separated tread on one of the front tires during another 250 mile trip. When approached with this problem, FCP just told me it was too late (it was over a year when I asked about replacement). This is why I will NEVER buy anything but Lemfoerder for BMW suspension parts. It cost me much more than it would have if I'd just bought quality parts in the first place.

Now... FCP has changed a LOT in the past year-ish. I stopped ordering from them for a long time, but have begun ordering again recently due to their new policies and I've been very happy with the products I've received (I generally only order OEM or equivalent). They offer the cheap shit parts, a mid grade, and OEM or equivalent. It's nice to have options! Of course the prices are good, and they reward their customers even more for returning. Their customer service thus far has been awesome as well. In my opinion, they are doing everything they possibly can to re-gain the trust of their customers.

I still buy from a mishmash of companies including Pelican, FCP, and lately ECS, but I'm very glad that I have gained another good option back with the restructuring that FCP has undergone.
    1985 635csi euro MT
    1998 328i
    2001 330i Touring
    2005 330d Touring
    1991 Audi 200 20v - 455 awhp

My Cars
    86 635,72 E3, 88M6,73 E9
    Bottom Line: Post manufacturers for parts, let the buyer chose. Unless I see who made it, I won't buy it period!
    Rob E3

My Cars
    '86 635
    Quote Originally Posted by RSheiman View Post
    Bottom Line: Post manufacturers for parts, let the buyer chose. Unless I see who made it, I won't buy it period!

It doesn't matter with FCP, buy new bilsteins and get defective crap taped up in a used box- THREE TIMES, it could have gone on for eternity for all I'm concerned. They simply did not care. I really want to bite my tongue and I did for the author above you until now, but I don't trust the company.

I'm holding back on other issues brought forth in the past from other people that have posted on this forum, remaining civil if you will. How would any of you feel if your car was on jack stands for weeks after paying top dollar for new parts and having 3 pairs of turds sent to you with no apology until 2 years later- to save face?

My Cars
    E30,E24,E34,E46,E39 M5..
    Why hold back? I'm just saying don't make it personal.

I think it is best to think of FCP of a whole new company. Things are much different now. FYI, I know how it feels... my car was on jack stands for MONTHS, not weeks while fighting with Bilstein themselves who screwed me over several times. In fact, I didn't get what I actually ordered until over a year after my initial payment and service request.
    1985 635csi euro MT
    1998 328i
    2001 330i Touring
    2005 330d Touring
    1991 Audi 200 20v - 455 awhp

My Cars
    BMW E39i, Nissan Z
    Agree with "86GT635" …. on my first order with FCP, they sent a BMW water pump pulley that had TWO chips in it (Unusable - Sent Back). They also sent TWO Continental belts that both had the "white" fabric cord sides fully exposed in many areas (Unusable - Sent Back). The belt cardboard "wrappers" were also heavily worn and torn, indicating they were possible "customer returns" or "defective returns" FCP had just tried to pawn off on me. Both the BMW water pump pulley, and the power steering pulley in plastic bags had NO "BMW Group" info printed on the part bags labeling, just a bunch of indiscernible numbers and such (leading me to be unsure if they were second or third party crap) …. I sent almost the whole order back to FCP for refund.

From now on it's …. ECS Tuning, Turner, Bav Auto, GetBMWparts.com, Pelican, etc.
    Once was enough … NO MORE FCP euro for me!

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by NJDave View Post
    Agree with "86GT635" …. on my first order with FCP, they sent a BMW water pump pulley that had TWO chips in it (Unusable - Sent Back). They also sent TWO Continental belts that both had the "white" fabric cord sides fully exposed in many areas (Unusable - Sent Back). The belt cardboard "wrappers" were also heavily worn and torn, indicating they were possible "customer returns" or "defective returns" FCP had just tried to pawn off on me. Both the BMW water pump pulley, and the power steering pulley in plastic bags had NO "BMW Group" info printed on the part bags labeling, just a bunch of indiscernible numbers and such (leading me to be unsure if they were second or third party crap) …. I sent almost the whole order back to FCP for refund.

From now on it's …. ECS Tuning, Turner, Bav Auto, GetBMWparts.com, Pelican, etc.
    Once was enough … NO MORE FCP euro for me!
    I'm sorry to hear you ran into this issue. It sounds highly irregular but I'd like the opportunity to look into the matter and at least address the root cause of the problem.

We source directly, so we don't stock 2nd or 3rd hand parts. However, out of the thousands of parts we keep in stock we do on occasion receive items damaged or defective. Most of the time we can catch these before they hit the shelves.

PM me here or email me direct at gareth1@fcpeuro.com and I'd be happy to discuss this more. I am concerned about this and want to make it right however I can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1987 M6
    Surprised to see such an old thread get traffic.

My experiences with FCPEuro have been great! The one time things went wrong with an alternator order, a brand new one was sent next day, at no cost to me. Every time I order a BMW factory part, that is exactly what I receive. The customer service has always been great too. Honestly, FCPEuro is the first place I look to for factory BMW parts, and I recommend them with confidence.

José
    1987 M6
    Livin the dream!

My Cars
    '85 635 CSi Euro 5sp.
    +1, my experience mirrors Jose's.
    Dean
    Lutz, FL

'85 635 CSi Euro #9402254
    '87 Spider Veloce
    '92 Spider Veloce
    '08 350Z

My Cars
    E23 E24 euros E34 E38
    Quote Originally Posted by dcains View Post
    +1, my experience mirrors Jose's.
    +1

My Cars
    BMW E39i, Nissan Z
    Looks like I may be wrong about FCP after all …. Even though the E39 water pump pulley did have two chips on it (on arrival from FCP), and that the power steering pump pulley had some "sketchy" look about it (the center mounting hole had a "roughness" around the inner bevelled edge (where it should have been almost "milled smooth"), left me wondering if the power steering pump pulley had been attempted to be mounted to a pump hub, and sent back to the dealer that FCP got the pulley from, or sent back to FCP and resold. Eiher way I called them this Monday, and they couldn't have been more decent. They agreed both pulleys should be returned, and that they would replace them, even covering return shipping back to FCP. I'll have to wait on the two replacements to comment on their quality (the are indicated to be BMW Genuine, and look like they originally come from the Bridgeport BMW dealership - dealer code was on the previous pulley bags.

As far as the Continential ContiTech belts … I had a conversation with tech support at Continential USA, and they stated that the occasional white colored "cord" being seen on the belts outer edging, was normal in manufacturing these days. It's just the way the belts are cut or something like that. Previously, I had two belts on the E39 that were on since I originally got it from the dealer (back in 2002 - now only has 60k, with being stored every winter since) …. and the older Continential belts didn't have any of the white cord edging exposure like the new ContiTech belts do (years back the belt edging was solid black).

So all in all, I would now rate FCP high on my list for parts for BMW. You sure can't beat their prices, various discounts, and friendly customer service, and lifetime parts replacements ….. I'll have to see what happens when I get my replacement pulley order in the next week or so.

Guess my beef with FCP was that, It was my first time ordering from FCP, and I should have given them the benefit of the doubt. it was also late Friday when I received my order from UPS, and FCP closes early Fridays (and not open Saturdays), so I had no one to bounce this issue off of …. I suppose I was just pissed that my E39 was going to sit another week or so waiting for replacement parts.

Sorry FCP for the blow-up …
    Last edited by NJDave; 06-19-2017 at 11:52 PM.

My Cars
    89 635CSi, Nissan Murano
    I have bought all my suspension parts from FCP and have had great service from them. I didn't buy the low budget "Kits" stick with OEM or better. The problem as I see it any more is not the vendor, it's the manufacture. You buy a brand name part from the vendor because you want the better quality, than you find out the manufacture has subbed out the product build to who know where.

I bought a set of Bosch OEM plugs for the coupe last week, I wanted to stay with those good German plugs for the car ;-) got the plugs home and started reading the info on the plug itself, manufactured in Russia, go figure.

Thanks FCP for the good service I've got from you, I always appreciate your help.
    SprCpe
    1989 635csi # 3268410
    Built in Germany with love.
    Ostatecznym maszyny jazdy BMW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast