Thread: Unable to play CD and Nav at same time

Unable to play CD and Nav at same time

Hi all,
    I've had my 2007 e92 325i for a couple of weeks now and can't seem to see how I can play a cd and sat nav at same time. I don't appear to have the 6 disc changer.

Surely bmw didn't make the sat nav usable only when you don't listen to CDs?!?!

Cheers
    Using Tapatalk

My Cars
    '09 E92 335
    There is a CD drive and a DVD drive. I believe the CD one is on top, DVD on bottom. DVD is only used for Nav, so put your CD in the top one and you will be fine.

Thanks for the reply :-)
    I'm pretty sure I've not got 2 disc drives as I can't believe I would miss that!!! Will check in the morning and post back though. Thanks
    Using Tapatalk

Definitely not got a 6 disc changer and not got 2 disc drives :-(
    Any ideas anyone?

Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JapRed View Post
    Definitely not got a 6 disc changer and not got 2 disc drives :-( Any ideas anyone?
    What does the owner's manual have to say about inserting NAV discs?

From what I can tell, you don't have the original radio setup.

The CCC untitled has two slots, the top for CDs and the bottom for NAV discs.
    Last edited by Pyewacket69; 03-15-2014 at 12:11 PM.

My Cars
    '09 E92 335
    Where are you from? That looks nothing like any us spec I have seen. Should look like this for an 07:

Notice how your screen is smaller, and not full size. And you seem to have the knob and buttons from the 09+ models with the HD navigation.

Either you are from a different country where this was normal, or someone pieced together some sort of navigation in your car.

- - - Updated - - -

I looked at some of your other posts, looks like you are from the UK. Here a my thoughts: I don't think you actually have navigation. I think that you only have a display for radio and such. The small display that you have reminds me a lot of the 5 series here, they had a smaller display with just radio information and other things on it (no nav), but it you have the nav option, you have the full display like the picture I posted above.

So my guess would be that you don't actually have navigation.

Many thanks for your replies. Yeah I'm from the UK. The owners manual strangely doesn't mention anything so maybe I'm going to have to call into my local BMW dealership for some advice.

I definitely have Nav however, here's another pic
    Using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2008 328xi Sportwagon
    It does help to put your locale in your user info so that people on the forum can help with more accurate info.

Quote Originally Posted by JapRed View Post
    Many thanks for your replies. Yeah I'm from the UK. The owners manual strangely doesn't mention anything so maybe I'm going to have to call into my local BMW dealership for some advice. I definitely have Nav however, here's another pic
    I still suspect you don't have the original radio that came with the car, or as suggested earlier, someone pieced together a NAV system for your car.

While there are differences between country-specific models, I don't think this would be one of them.
    Last edited by Pyewacket69; 03-18-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Here's a suggestion... Go to www.bmwvin.com and enter the last 7 digits of your car's VIN.

That should give you a listing of the options the car originally came equipped with... That may answer some of your questions...

My Cars
    '09 E92 335
    Yeah, sorry I can't help you more. It isn't the same setup as we have here in NA, so I am unfamiliar with it. I don't think it is pieced together, as I saw similar pictures on google images when I was searching previously, but I could be wrong. Hope you find your answer.

My Cars
    BMW 520d Touring

Update

Update (2019) - I also have this layout in the UK - I've spoken to BMW support, and they have replied...

"Insert NAV DVD into the Audio System DVD/CD player, and input journey details, this will be uploaded into the NAV System Memory, once this has been done, you can eject the NAV DVD and then insert a Music CD, the NAV system will continue to run from memory"

Hope this helps anyone else with this question....