Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E31 Luggage Set

My Cars
    93 850Ci, 09 Caddy SRX
    Quote Originally Posted by tonys View Post
    I recently moved from Germany to the US and sold my car just before I left.
    What part of the US did you relocate to?

My Cars
    E31
    Quote Originally Posted by rchan11 View Post
    What "other items" do you have so we can keep an eye out for them?
    A couple of items I have to find among the boxes are:

E31 specific car cover. I don't have a pic handy but it has pockets for the mirrors and clear plastic license plate cover. The hood portion has BMW printed on it.

850 wrist watch

Set of 4 Rogue Engineering 15mm hub centric spacers with 20 proper size wheel bolts (15mm longer)
    These are the best engineered spacers. Check the link.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TedBobo View Post
    What part of the US did you relocate to?
    I am currently in Savannah, GA with the intention of making my way west possibly Oregon or Washington.

Tony

My Cars
    97 840Ci Individual
    ^ great stuff!

My Cars
    E31
    This was moments before I turned the keys over. Delivering the car took a 2 hour autobahn drive in perfect driving weather. The car was running great and as if the gods knew this was my last drive, the left lane was clear with no speed limit!

Memories...

Trip summary. Testing Olaf's remapping and speed limiter removal. GPS verified 275 kph. There was more to go but the BMW lane was invaded.

The day my Eisenmann exhaust arrived

...and putting it to work.

Uncooperative stabi link...

A particularly hard day of driving and the day I ordered trailing arms from Max Lumens!

My wrenching buddy and I rebuilding our brakes. He had a E39 540 Sport

One of the most cost effective mods is a shorter diff.

I could throw down pages of fun pics but like slides from my family vacation, I'll spare you

Tony
    Last edited by tonys; 03-14-2014 at 10:23 PM. Reason: typo

My Cars
    not enough
    Wow, what a lovely color....with OEM rear PDC too! Sux you couldn't bring it over Tony!

What gear ratio differential did you go with on that CSi?
    CB42366 - 1991 850i 6-speed. Brilliantrot & Black Nappa Leather
    CD00144 - 1994 850CSi. Hellrot & Black Nappa Leather

My other projects:
    Supercharged Tbirds, V8 Tbirds, V8 Mustang Convertible, Audi V8 Quattro & Audi S8

My Cars
    E31
    Quote Originally Posted by CaifanSC View Post
    Wow, what a lovely color....with OEM rear PDC too! Sux you couldn't bring it over Tony!

What gear ratio differential did you go with on that CSi?
    Thanks Luis - I went with 3.15 limited slip because I was in Germany and top speed still meant something plus with Olaf's (firebird) engine remapping, any shorter apparently wreaked havoc with his software. Still, for such a subtle change there was a noticeable difference in acceleration. Also installed K-Mac anti sway bars 28.5mm / 19mm, the BMW LOW-SLUNG M SPORTS SUSPENSION when an EDC strut began to weep, Gerry Speachly's camber plates up front and his shock tower plates in the rear. It wasn't the most esoteric, dialed in setup like some here but it sure felt better than stock and was still mostly OEM. It was (actually, still is) an "Individual" with most of the few options available like rear sunshade, headlight washers, standheizung/luftung (independent heater), BMW Professional sound system with HIFI loudspeaker option.
    Yep, still going through withdrawals so give me an excuse and I'll chat about it for a page

Tony
    Last edited by tonys; 03-12-2014 at 06:49 PM.

tvjake2 is offline SoCalEights - CA BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    '97 840Ci, 1980 308
    Thanks Luis - I went with 3.15 limited slip because I was in Germany and top speed still meant something plus with Olaf's (firebird) engine remapping, any shorter apparently wreaked havoc with his software. Still, for such a subtle change there was a noticeable difference in acceleration. Also installed K-Mac anti sway bars 28.5mm / 19mm, the BMW LOW-SLUNG M SPORTS SUSPENSION when an EDC strut began to weep, Gerry Speachly's camber plates up front and his shock tower plates in the rear. It wasn't the most esoteric, dialed in setup like some here but it sure felt better than stock and was still mostly OEM. It was (actually, still is) an "Individual" with most of the few options available like rear sunshade, headlight washers, standheizung/luftung (independent heater), BMW Professional sound system with HIFI loudspeaker option.
    Yep, still going through withdrawals so give me an excuse and I'll chat about it for a page

Tony
    You did such a nice job on the last one... you need another one.

My Cars
    BMW 850
    I am highly enjoying those pics and can say with a hand on my heart: Keep them coming!!

My Cars
    not enough
    Woa...u left me with some questions now

does that "low slung" suspension vary from the stock CSi suspension? You also mentioned EDC...i was under the impression that no CSi came with EDC?

Last but not least....did you have any issues with the standheizung? I have a system purchased from Europe (plug and Kudos to Fatandre for getting me this ) that I'm going to be installing in mine after working out a few things.

My other projects:
    Supercharged Tbirds, V8 Tbirds, V8 Mustang Convertible, Audi V8 Quattro & Audi S8

My Cars
    more and more Cars..
    CSi? No! M73!
    to register your 8 @ www.8coupe.com!

Best regards from good old Germany Harry!

My Cars
    E31
    Right Harry, it's an M73. If it was a CSi I think I would have it here with me now or in storage in Germany waiting to come here. Olaf's remapped ECU's were specifically for the M73 because the option of chip tuning by exchanging a couple of EPROMS doesn't exist on the OBD2 cars.

I don't know how the M Sports suspension compares to the CSi setup but Gerry Speechly (8Tech) told me he believes this is the same AC Schnitzer developed kit that he has/had on his car although his was supplied by ACS themselves.

I had zero issues over 15 years with the standheizung. Nice to set the timer and get into a toasty car on cold mornings. Same with the standluftung, set the timer 30 minutes before I got off work to blow the hot air out. The manual recommends not running more than two 30 minute cycles back to back or you might have battery issues.

Tony

My Cars
    not enough
    Right Harry, it's an M73. If it was a CSi I think I would have it here with me now or in storage in Germany waiting to come here. Olaf's remapped ECU's were specifically for the M73 because the option of chip tuning by exchanging a couple of EPROMS doesn't exist on the OBD2 cars.

I don't know how the M Sports suspension compares to the CSi setup but Gerry Speechly (8Tech) told me he believes this is the same AC Schnitzer developed kit that he has/had on his car although his was supplied by ACS themselves.

I had zero issues over 15 years with the standheizung. Nice to set the timer and get into a toasty car on cold mornings. Same with the standluftung, set the timer 30 minutes before I got off work to blow the hot air out. The manual recommends not running more than two 30 minute cycles back to back or you might have battery issues.

Tony
    Gotcha, sorry about the confusion. In those 15 yrs of use did you have to replace anything at all on the system? Glow plug? Coolant hoses? Aux Fuel pump? You also mention a manual...was it a separate manual for the standheizing? I only have the installation instructions in PDF.

Sorry for bombarding you with questions about this Tony ...it's just that there is so little info (at least in english) about it

My other projects:

My Cars
    E31
    Happy to answer any questions you have Luis. I had zero problems and did not have to replace any items relating to the standheizung system. I did replace all coolant hoses at one time for preventative maintenance, not because of any failures.

The manual I was referring to is the owners manual. Mine covered the operation of standheizung as well as all other features even if they weren't an installed option like Aktive Hinterachs-Kinematik (AHK).

Tony

My Cars
    not enough
    Thanks for the info Tony!

PS..one more dayy!!!!

My other projects:

My Cars
    97 840Ci Individual

PS..one more dayy!!!!
    Have these been put up on ebay already? or one more day until it will be?

My Cars
    not enough
    Quote Originally Posted by lawlshane View Post
    Have these been put up on ebay already?
    Nope, and they wont be It was one more day until I took delivery, but I missed the Fedex guy yesterday. However, I just received the package!

Thanks again for the opportunity Tony!

My other projects:

My Cars
    97 840Ci Individual
    aah! I'm jealous. Lots of pics please.

My Cars
    more and more Cars..
    Okay, my offer was not enough... - but it's okay for me!
    Congrats to the new owner!

My Cars
    not enough
    Quote Originally Posted by 8Harry8 View Post
    Okay, my offer was not enough... - but it's okay for me!
    Congrats to the new owner!
    Vielen Dank!

My other projects:

My Cars
    more and more Cars..
    Vielen Dank!

Nonono, I'm not jealous at all - that's what I try to tell myself since hours!

My Cars
    E31
    After 4 years of bugging me about this, I had to sell it to Luis to get him off my back!

Just kidding...about the "bugging" part but not the 4 years part This was a smooth transaction and Luis was a pleasure to do business with. He made what I felt was a reasonable offer which allowed me to avoid the eb@ay and auction hassle just to tweak out (maybe) an additional few bucks. I can't imagine a more enthusiastic new caretaker of this prize.

Tony

My Cars
    91 850i
    I can't imagine a more enthusiastic new caretaker of this prize. Tony
    Indeed!
    Last edited by mjrgroup; 03-21-2014 at 08:21 PM.
    1991 BMW 850i / V12 5.0L [M70] / ZF4HP24 E/H

My Cars
    not enough
    After 4 years of bugging me about this, I had to sell it to Luis to get him off my back!

Just kidding...about the "bugging" part but not the 4 years part This was a smooth transaction and Luis was a pleasure to do business with. He made what I felt was a reasonable offer which allowed me to avoid the eb@ay and auction hassle just to tweak out (maybe) an additional few bucks. I can't imagine a more enthusiastic new caretaker of this prize.

Tony
    hehe i know! I remember asking you how to search ebay.de for that set And during all that time I never actually came across oe for sale. They're in good hands my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by mjrgroup View Post
    Indeed!
    Yep, cus that's how we doooo

My other projects:

My Cars
    BMW 850
    Not enough you have wheels like I do but you also got my bags!!

My Cars
    not enough
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatandre View Post
    Not enough you have wheels like I do but you also got my bags!!

Just saw this Andre. Hope you're doing well buddy.

My other projects:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast