Thread: Where is the Cabin Filter

My Cars
    99 Z3MC/00' 2.8 roady

Where is the Cabin Filter

99 M coupe, I have the glove box out of the car and maybe I'm just blind but I don't see it anywhere. Does this car even have one. I was told the filter was behind the glove box.

My Cars
    MRster / Z4 M4i / X5 M50
    No cabin filter in Z3s (M or not).
    2002 M Roadster, Steel Gray Metailic, Gray Nappa Leather, Black Soft Top, Steel Gray Metailic Hard Top, TC Kline Double Adj Shocks with H&R Springs, Stromung Exhaust, SSR Type C Wheels. Looking for a new home.

2022 Z4 M40i, Misano Blue Metallic, Prem Pkg, Driver Assistance Pkg

2023 X5 M50, Phytonic Blue, Black Extended Merion Leather, Driving Asst Pro Pkg, Park Asst Pkg, Exec Pkg, Climate Comfort Pkg.

My Cars
    99 Z3MC/00' 2.8 roady
    Yeah I just found that out on bimmerfest. Thanks for posting... I even asked the guys at zigmunt who is a vendor on the boards and they even told me it was behind the glove box! WTF

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 1.9L 5MT
    Quote Originally Posted by redlinealley View Post
    ... I even asked the guys at zigmunt who is a vendor on the boards and they even told me it was behind the glove box! WTF
    That's where it is on any car that has one. Our Scion and Forester access it by removing the glove box, while on our Buick the filter installs from outside in the cowl. The Z3 originally being a convertible didn't have the need for a filter, or the space for the box, for that matter, so it could not be provided in the coupe either.

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    I never thought I'd be making a section of the manifesto dedicated to a part that our cars don't have, but it's there now.

My Cars
    02 e367, 08 Acura TL-S
    Quote Originally Posted by BenFenner View Post
    I never thought I'd be making a section of the manifesto dedicated to a part that our cars don't have, but it's there now.
    LOL. That's great. Is it next to the one for a heated rear window or adjustable lumbar support?

-Todd