Thread: E39 Transmissions & Swap Kits - 6 Speed Getrag From 540i & 5 Speed ZF From 528i

My Cars
    2003 540i6 M Tech

Thumbs up E39 Transmissions & Swap Kits - 6 Speed Getrag From 540i & 5 Speed ZF From 528i

SOLD!

I have been procrastinating on putting this stuff up for sale, I have no use for these in the foreseeable future and need to stop hoarding parts!

I have the following transmissions, IIRC both have mileage in the upper 100s (can provide VINs for mileage verification) but have no leaks, grinds, clunks or crunching:
    • E39 540i 6 Speed - Getrag S6S 420G - Removed from 2001 - $700 OBO + shipping
    • E39 528i 5 Speed - ZF S5D 320Z - Removed from 1997 - $400 OBO + shipping

I also have manual conversion parts available:
    • 6 speed (540i): Full conversion minus shift knob and one clutch switch connector (I may be able to find one). This means pedals, hydraulic system (no leaks), release bearing, clutch fork, shift linkage, transmission crossmember, foam insulator, rubber shifter boot, leather upper boot, driveshaft, SAC clutch & DMF flywheel assembly (7mm disk thickness and 15mm DMF side to side) differential (only needed if you want the lower manual ratio). If you want to go as far as a PNP swap I also have the DME, EWS, key and all locks - I have read that this eliminates the need for coding but have not personally tried to verify. $250 OBO for all minus the differential (+$150) and DME/EWS key set (+$150). If you want EVERYTHING, I will sell it all for significantly less.
    • 5 speed (528i): Partial conversion, same as above minus differential, crossmember, shift boot and shifter arm. The clutch disk for this is around 8mm thick (non SAC) and the DMF side to side is 20mm. I have a UUC Evo 3 SSK for this that I will be listing separately. $200 for all without the SSK (+$150), again I will sell it all together for cheaper.

All prices listed are "or best offer", I am motivated to move these. I am willing to part out the manual swap components and can ship anything at cost, transmissions are $75 on average. If you're local and prefer to have someone else do the dirty work I can install as well.

I will be adding pictures shortly, hoping to get to the parts tomorrow.

Thanks

Mike
    Last edited by ApexOnYou; 10-08-2020 at 02:01 PM.

My Cars
    2003 540i6 M Tech
    ZF Transmission (reverse switch was broken, hole will be plugged with the bad sensor to keep it sealed):

Getrag:

Last edited by ApexOnYou; 03-08-2014 at 10:34 PM.

My Cars
    1997 Z3 DASC
    still available Mike?

could you PM me with the price for EVERYTHING needed for the manual swap on the 540?

My Cars
    e36
    Hi Mr Mike, I know this post is 6 year old but do you still have all the necessary parts to swap my 540 from auto to manual?