Thread: Seattle area Machine shop recommendation-M5x

My Cars
    '97 M3, '95 M3, '93 325i
    Hey guys,

Do you have any recommendations on machine shops to go to for an M5x engin e? I just dropped off a block to Accurate engines but am having second thoughts. I have heard a lot of the Pro3/M20 guys use Mike at Accurate engines. I was thinking about going to C & J machine in totem lake, Chuck there seems to be very knowledgable and reasonably priced. I have nothing against Mike at Accurate engines, it just seemed like the costs were on the expensive side!

Any input?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Talperian; 03-05-2014 at 11:32 PM.

My Cars
    Estoril Mcoupe
    See Mike McCandles Auburn Auto Machine.

My Cars
    '97 M3/4/5
    I had mike do work on my S52 and thought it was reasonable. But this was also 6-8 years ago.

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Anyone know what accurate engines charges so much to just deck a head?

My Cars
    Turbo E36 M3
    When I took my head into Mike for my turbo build he deck/pressure tested the head then laid out a few different options in a few different price ranges to go from. Didn't even recommend the full meal deal to me. I was extremely happy with the work I got done & the price I got it for. Hope that helps a little!

My Cars
    325i
    Quote Originally Posted by KnudsonsM3 View Post
    Anyone know what accurate engines charges so much to just deck a head?
    He charged $125, just decking only for my s52 head two years ago. Which is twice the price of other competent shop. But I was in a pinch and he was closer.

OP: Search Puget Sound BMWCCA site for other recommendation.

Sorry can't help you with Seattle area machine shop. I always take all my BMW heads to Kennewick for all needed machine work. Example: clean, pressure test, valve angle job, new stem seals and decking = $348!!! I can not find any shop over this side of the mountain to even come close to that price.
    Last edited by M3poseur; 03-07-2014 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Price
    Fast lookin' but slow movin'
    237 rwhp N/A power

My Cars
    E36 Turbo, E39 M5
    Wow that's a great deal. I just had Mike resurface my flywheel it was $150 only person who would do it. He said it would be $700 for the same head work you listed.
    93 325is: obd2 M52, 22rpd tuned, 6266, RSI manifold, 555whp on 18psi

My Cars
    99 M3, 16' x35d, 09 128i
    Quote Originally Posted by M3poseur View Post
    He charged $125, just decking only for my s52 head two years ago. Which is twice the price of other competent shop. But I was in a pinch and he was closer.

Sorry can't help you with Seattle area machine shop. I always take all my BMW heads to Kennewick for all needed machine work. Example: clean, pressure test, valve angle job, new stem seals and decking = $348!!! I can not find any shop over this side of the mountain to even come close to that price.
    He quoted me around $700....

My Cars
    S52 Imola E36/8 & 4.6is
    Quote Originally Posted by M3poseur View Post

Where in Kennewick? I'm from there and travel about once a month to see friends

Scorpion Exhaust | AC Schnitzer replica roof spoiler in black | Dice | Rear Diffuser f/ NeverDone | Stock Roadstars w/ Michelins | TCKline Coils | Dinan Snorkel

too lazy to get installed: Fikse Profil 10s | Camber plates | Subframe Bushing

My Cars
    95 540i/6, 91 TT, 03 4.6
    Three things about Mike:

1.) He does very good work and he knows these bmw engines very well.
    2.) He quotes high prices but he's negotiable. Tell him what you were looking to spend and he'll work with you, especially if you're paying cash.
    3.) He's got some stories.... lol

My s52 is running beautifully after he rebuilt my head, the finished product was nothing short of a work of art. Pricey yes, but there are certain things you don't want to gamble on. Machine work/engine assembly is one of them.

95 540i/6 - M62, vortech v2S, 42lb inj, LWFW, intercooled, ostrich 2.0 etc etc
    94 325is - Hamann STW widebody, wheels & exhaust, stg 4 dinan s52 obd1 swap, 3.15lsd, 4pt cage, status seat etc.
    99 540iT - 6spd swapped - Sold
    03 X5 4.6is - Tow Rig
    02 M5 - Track toy
    91 300zx TT - "Garage Queen"

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Sorry for the revival, but anymore opinions? Just blew the head gasket on my s50 and looking around for a reasonably priced shop.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M3 Coupe
    Back to the top for current information. Anyone that's had their head done recently have a recommendation?

2/'99 M3 Coupe - Estoril Blue / Black Vader / Contours / Style 32s - 200K
    ARP Studs | M50 manifold | ASC TB, SAP, and CCV delete | Catch Can | 7K limiter | DSSR
    Factory X-brace | Eibach/RD strut bar | Vogtland coilovers | RD front sway | Powerflex FCABs | JT RSMs | Factory RSM reinforcement plates | ECS RTAB limiters | Z3 rack | 0-ring shielded lower steering column bearing | RD front bumper cover | ZKW E-codes | C33 Aux-in mod | BSW mids

My Cars
    99 Turbo M3
    Quote Originally Posted by macelius View Post
    Back to the top for current information. Anyone that's had their head done recently have a recommendation?

yes - take your head to C&D Performance machining Kirkland, my s52 loves his work.

99 Turbo M3 - BWs366 - RSI - Fuse Fabrication - JE Cutring -