Thread: random p0201 code

My Cars
    '84 533i (rip), '97 328i

random p0201 code

hey guys,

im currently working on a s54 that will randomly throw a p0201 code. ive done some searching and found injectors to be a common issue on these engines. but ive be unable to find anything that is a common issue with the injector codes, other than the maf. but with this being a specific cylinder with a circuit code I find it strange a maf would cause that. ive done a basic overview of the system and im getting down to testing circuits. and my question is if there are any common faults or areas I should check before I dig into serious diagnosing.

current diag done:
    -while driving after up to temp, there is a chug, and obvious misfire. light will illuminate. and the car will enter limp mode. if you turn the car off then back on, the issue will go away, and the light will go out.
    -I also inspected as much of the wiring as I could for breaks, or obvious issues.
    -removed air box, and inspected the injector.

thanks in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

ok. just switched the #1 and #2 injector. and its till throwing a p0201.

My Cars
    320it,323i,04M3,325is,X5
    Coil pack

My Cars
    X3, 325i
    Hi i know this is a old thread i just want to know how this problem solve, because this is exactly happening in my X3 thanks

dworthy is offline Wagon meister :) BMW Tech Expert
    My Cars
    16 220i 05 325it 05 M3
    BMX3, the motor in your X-3 is not even close to the motor in the E-46 M-3. You would be better served in either posting a new thread in the X-3 sub-forum or over in the General BMW Mechanical Help sub-forum.

As a new user, it is just bad etiquette to do what you did in an old thread, please just start a new one.
    Darin
    Current:
    16 220i Active Tourer Platinsilver MET (C08)/Dakota Black (PDSW), P7ACA, P7LDA, P7LHA, P9BDA, 6sp Manual - Wife's new toy!
    05 325it Electric Red(438)/Gray(N6TT) ZCW, ZSP 5sp Manual Back set cover, trunk mat, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield, and mud flaps! Mr. Wagon My new Winter car.
    05 M3 Imolarot II(405)/Gray(N5TT) ZCW, ZPP 6sp Manual C.F. Lip, CSL diffuser, SSK, Euro Infra-Rot front windshield and a trunk liner! Mr. Go_Fast Stored for the Winter
    Past:
    95 318is Montreal Blue Met (297)/Beige(K1SN) RIP, killed by an Idiot.
    84 M535i gray market Burgandy Rot Met/Black Leather Lowered by Intrax on bilies, poly everywhere, B&B cat back system, K&N, and a hitch! Da Beast - Still running w/400k+!
    91 316i euro Tizianrot/Gray cloth - E-36 w/M-40 RIP, but great on gas! Best was 38 MPG
    82 528i euro Saphire Blue Met/Blue Leather RIP
    79 525 euro Green/Green RIP
    79 318 Silver/Black - The first one that got it all started
    M-Flight Member