Thread: 328i Keyless Central Locking?

My Cars
    '94 328IS, '92 318IS

328i Keyless Central Locking?

Does anybody here have any experience with the keyless central locking. The Car had an alarm which the previous owner removed (probably since he couldn't program his remote) I have fitted an alarm to my early 318is before, and I have just in the process of fitting the same alarm to the 95 328is but I cant seem to find the pulse I need to send to the 2 central locking wiress for the car to lock and unlock.

I used the green connector and used Pin 26 and 25 as well as 24 and 25 from the ZKH Module.(all were empty so I used left over pins, crimp & and soldering. But it didnt work) I used the same colored wires from the same places but still having a hard time. So I am left wondering what did I miss? can anybody point me to a good guide that explains the wiring of the central locking or the ones I need to work on? I believe its just 2 wires.

- - - Updated - - -

I was doing some reading online, and it seems if I disconnect the yellow connector it will disable central locking, upon more reading i found Pin 17 locks the car. So I wired something to pin 17 on the yellow connector and upon testing it and pressing the button on my alarm remote it DID lock the car, however it wont unlock it. need to find the unlock pin then it seems. would be very helpful if anybody here knew how it worked on OBD 2 bmws.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I figured it out.
    I still haven't thought if I should leave the ground in the green or the yellow connector. will see tomorrow. so far its good. oh and forgot to add my car is euro.

So just to clear it up for anyone else in the future..

If you have a ZKE IV module -

The lock / unlock pins are in the Yellow 26 way connector (central one) on the module.

(The connector is easy to dismantle and re assemble (and is self explanatory when you look at it)

Unlock is pin 4
    Lock is pin 17
    Last edited by WikerMan; 02-27-2014 at 02:00 AM.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Or you could get an OEM alarm/keyless. Takes about 20 minutes to install. Most of that is removing and replacing the globe box.

Great info just the same. Kudos for figuring it out

My Cars
    '94 328IS, '92 318IS
    Actually I am just reusing the old alarm from my 318is I installed last year, which I am thinking of selling soon.

Do you know how to wire the hazard lights to come on and blink when I lock or unlock the car? right now only the front and rear lights come on, it was easy to wire to my 318is. I used the same color wires but didn't work on the 328is. Do I have to wire it directly to the hazard light switch? Like this http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...Your-Car-For-5

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by WikerMan View Post
    Do you know how to wire the hazard lights to come on and blink when I lock or unlock the car? right now only the front and rear lights come on,
    What else is there? Those are your emergency lights. Is this a BMW alarm? it doesn't sound like it is if you had to splice into the cars harness. The DIY's for blinking hazards assume you have an OEM alarm. It would help if you put your correct location in your signature. US OEM alarms are very different from Euro OEM alarms

My Cars
    '94 328IS, '92 318IS
    no, its an aftermarket alarm, Audiovox APS-35-CL.
    http://www.manualslib.com/manual/124...?page=4#manual

working as it should, I just need the emergency lights to blink like they used to in my 318is.

euro car, so eu

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    What lights are you talking about. You have the front and rear lights flashing when you lock/unlock. Those are your emergency lights

My Cars
    '94 328IS, '92 318IS
    Quote Originally Posted by flyfishvt View Post
    What lights are you talking about. You have the front and rear lights flashing when you lock/unlock. Those are your emergency lights
    Yes the lights flash when I lock/unlock, but the Hazzard/Emergency/Indicators dont flash! They used to flash in my 318is. But now that I have upgraded to a 328is they dont flash anymore using the same alarm.

I want my indicators/turn signals to flash too.
    Do you or anyone here know how to make them flash?

My Cars
    6/96 318is
    The internal drawing is misleading, but try grounding pin 2:

Perhaps ground it through a 1–2.2K resistor until you are sure you have the right pin.

My Cars
    '94 328IS, '92 318IS
    Quote Originally Posted by johnf View Post
    The internal drawing is misleading, but try grounding pin 2:

Perhaps ground it through a 1–2.2K resistor until you are sure you have the right pin.
    Thanks but what is this for? Pin 2 on which connector??The hazard lights/turn signals or something else? I think I got the locking system right??

I was thinking to take a wire from the alarms siren or lights wire and about following this to wire up to a relay to make the turn signals flash with the alarm (http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...Your-Car-For-5)
    Last edited by WikerMan; 03-02-2014 at 04:10 AM.

My Cars
    6/96 318is
    Thanks but what is this for? Pin 2 on which connector??The hazard lights/turn signals or something else? I think I got the locking system right??
    This could take a while. I have already spent some time providing an answer. I better let someone else help you find pin 2.

I was thinking ... about ... [wiring] up to a relay to make the turn signals flash with the alarm (http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...Your-Car-For-5)
    You could follow that DIY, but why hack up the car when BMW purposely provides an input and connector pin for an alarm to flash the hazard lights?
    Last edited by johnf; 03-02-2014 at 06:38 AM.

My Cars
    '94 328IS, '92 318IS
    Quote Originally Posted by johnf View Post
    This could take a while. I have already spent some time providing an answer. I better let someone else help you find pin 2.

You could follow that DIY, but why hack up the car when BMW purposely provides an input and connector pin for an alarm to flash the hazard lights?
    Oh I see, so Pin 2 is to is to flash the hazard lights. Okay So if you provide a 12V to Pin 2 you should be able to flash them, okay let me see if I can find pin 2 where or what connector.. then my job would become super easy! I suck at doing electronic stuff like soldering, but I get by

let me know if you come across something on what connector that is. thanks

My Cars
    6/96 318is
    Oh I see, so Pin 2 is to is to flash the hazard lights. Okay So if you provide a 12V to Pin 2 you should be able to flash them....
    No, I am pretty sure you need to ground pin 2 to flash the hazard lights.

You will likely need to connect your alarm's "WHITE WIRE: + 12 VDC PULSED PARKING LIGHT OUTPUT" to a small 12V relay or a simple transistor circuit (it need only switch a few thousandths of an amp rather than 50+ amps) – and have the relay or transistor connect pin 2 to ground to flash the lights. In aftermarket alarm installer-speak, you need to convert a "positive pulse" output to "negative pulse".

A big advantage of flashing through pin 2 is that you don't have to hack the car's original wiring: just wire up a contact and slip it into the crash control module relay socket. Assuming an installer knows how to do that. Unfortunately, many don't really know BMW electrical connectors and contacts.
    Last edited by johnf; 03-02-2014 at 09:03 AM.

My Cars
    '94 328IS, '92 318IS
    I couldn't be sure of the pin 2 thing and exactly where the crash control module was, and since I had the relay set up the other day anyway I couldn't resist and ended up cutting the original wiring going to the hazard lights and used the relay. but I did it very nicely, used hear shrink and tucked the joints under the carpet/gear box rubber mounding so it cant be seen even if you removed the switch, unless you yank it of course. Have the relay snugly sitting next to my window switch. a bit wrapped around with the wires to prevent moving too much. Works like my other car when I connect it to my lights. Feeling very accomplished! Store wanted to charge me hundreds!

Now I will install my transporter keypad and the gps and then I can drive inside carports all day.