Thread: Bimmerfest 2017 Coupe Caravan

My Cars
    BMW Z3 3.0 VF SC'd

Bimmerfest 2017 Coupe Caravan

Hey fellow Coupers,

It's that time of year again...Bimmerfest is upon us!!!

It's going to be a two-day event again this year (June 3rd and 4th), so we'll have to figure out specifics about the meet-up times and place. We could just meet at the location where we've always gathered (the In'n'Out near the 2 & @210 interchange in Glendale area), or we could meet up with the Redline Cars meet a few miles away...see the map below for addresses and a visual:

BfestCoupeMeet2017.jpg

The gates to Bimmerfest don't open until 10am, unless we have a group of more than 20, or if we qualify as part of the 'Featured Model' or as 'Heritage' models. I'll email the event organizers to see if they can allow our quirky little cars some space in the 'Featured Model' section, since last year (when we were the actual featured model) all types of cars parked in our corral. If we are granted access to one of the "special" parking areas, we will have to be at the Bimmerfest gates BEFORE 8:00 am....which means our meeting place should be the regular spot (In'n'Out), and we'll have to depart no later than 7:00 am! If we get denied the "special" parking, then we can choose when and where to meet (I'd suggest meeting at 730 am, and departing at 800 am, regardless of meet location). The Redline Car meet-up is only on Saturday, so Sunday we have to meet at the regular location (In'n'Out).

Here are my personal thoughts/plans:
    • If we get special parking, then we do that both Saturday and Sunday. Meet at regular location. Depart at 700 am sharp!
    • If we don't get special parking, then we join the Redline Cars meet on Saturday at 730 am, and on Sunday we meet at regular location with a 800 am depart.

Please feel free to contribute with your thoughts and ideas, and we'll try to make a collective decision by Friday.

I'll start a roll call, and I'll be updating this page daily. Just put your forum name, real name, and dates you'll be attending. We'll figure out time details throughout the week. If you're unable to make any of the aforementioned times, then put that too.

Name (Real Name) - Dates Attending
    1. Danomite (Dan) - Sat & Sun
    2. JeffyD (Jeff) - Sat or Sun
    3. Eurospec (Robert) - Sat

Can't wait to roll with the crew again!!!

UPDATE: May 30 - I received word back from Tim at Bimmerfest, and he's going to give us group parking!!! That means that we can all park together in prime parking inside! Which means it looks like we'll be meeting at the regular spot (In'n'Out) at 6:30 am, and leaving at 7:00 am sharp!

Update: June 2 - So, it looks like there's only going to be three of us rolling 368 style. I'm gonna text Vaughan and Gary to see if they wanna join, but I'll be at the In'n'Out at 6:30ish am, and I'm rolling out at 7:00 am sharp! May car will be in the Bilstein booth, but we'll roll up together so that you guys get your choice of early parking. Address of meeting location is on the map above. I'll be PMing you guys (Robert and Jeffy) to give you my cell number.

Richard, you're more than welcome to roll with us...I just can't promise special parking, but who knows. Tim is a cool guy, so he might let you just roll in anyway.

Meet: 6:30am
    Depart: 7:00am sharp!!!

In'n'Out
    310 N. Harvey Dr
    Glendale, CA 91206

See you in the AM!!!
    Last edited by danomite; 06-03-2017 at 12:28 AM.

"You don't win silver....you lose gold."

My Cars
    '02 M Coupe x2
    JeffyD (Jeff... y D.) Saturday or Sunday.

If if I can get another working set of manual driving hands and feets to attend with me, I'll be bringing by both, unfortunately unfinished, coupes. If not, just the black one.
    '02 M Coupe, Estoril Blue on Estoril
    '02 M Coupe, -???-Who knows-???-
    ‘02 M Coupe, Alpine White on Black
    '06 M Coupe, Interlagos Blue/Black Carbon Leather
    ’99 M3 Coupe, Technoviolet/Black
    ’04 VW R32, Reflex Silver/Black Cloth

My Cars
    BMW Z3 3.0 VF SC'd
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffyD View Post
    JeffyD (Jeff... y D.) Saturday or Sunday.

If if I can get another working set of manual driving hands and feets to attend with me, I'll be bringing by both, unfortunately unfinished, coupes. If not, just the black one.
    Jeffy!!! Good to hear from you, brother!!! If you need a another driver, I've got someone that would love to help out...lemme know. Are you only going for one of the days? If so, I'd recommend Saturday.

Also, I got us group parking!!! That means an earlier departure time, but at least we'll have guaranteed up-front parking!

My Cars
    2000 E36/8, 2007 E90
    Thanks for putting this together, Dan. Unfortunately I will not be joining in with the Coupe Caravan/special parking this year, but I will be at Bimmerfest on Saturday.

See you guys there!

My Cars
    BMW Z3 3.0 VF SC'd
    Quote Originally Posted by StarReaver View Post
    Thanks for putting this together, Dan. Unfortunately I will not be joining in with the Coupe Caravan/special parking this year, but I will be at Bimmerfest on Saturday.

See you guys there!
    Alan, how come no morning caravan? What time are you planning on getting there?

My Cars
    2000 E36/8, 2007 E90
    Quote Originally Posted by danomite View Post
    Alan, how come no morning caravan? What time are you planning on getting there?
    I'm caravaning with a group of friends (non-Z3 owners). We had already put together our plan a few weeks ago. It would be shitty of me to ditch them last-minute.

We're planning to get there at 10am when the doors open to the general public.

My Cars
    '02 M Coupe x2
    About to head to the shop to check on the blue baby right about now, but I'm not sure if it'll be ready by Bro-mmerfest. So, instead of scrambling to bring them both out, Let's just say only the one will be attending this year. Maybe dorkfest will be a duo event. If it's in Ventura again, I'll just drive out, uber home, drive back out, and then lay out the shade. (Hint hint, rob.)

My Cars
    Chariot
    Count me for Saturday. Wasn't planning on attending, but missed last years event.

3. Eurospec (Robert) - Sat

My Cars
    2008 BMW 328i
    Hey fellow Coupers,

It's that time of year again...Bimmerfest is upon us!!!

It's going to be a two-day event again this year (June 3rd and 4th), so we'll have to figure out specifics about the meet-up times and place. We could just meet at the location where we've always gathered (the In'n'Out near the 2 & @210 interchange in Glendale area), or we could meet up with the Redline Cars meet a few miles away...see the map below for addresses and a visual:

BfestCoupeMeet2017.jpg

The gates to Bimmerfest don't open until 10am, unless we have a group of more than 20, or if we qualify as part of the 'Featured Model' or as 'Heritage' models. I'll email the event organizers to see if they can allow our quirky little cars some space in the 'Featured Model' section, since last year (when we were the actual featured model) all types of cars parked in our corral. If we are granted access to one of the "special" parking areas, we will have to be at the Bimmerfest gates BEFORE 8:00 am....which means our meeting place should be the regular spot (In'n'Out), and we'll have to depart no later than 7:00 am! If we get denied the "special" parking, then we can choose when and where to meet (I'd suggest meeting at 730 am, and departing at 800 am, regardless of meet location). The Redline Car meet-up is only on Saturday, so Sunday we have to meet at the regular location (In'n'Out).

Here are my personal thoughts/plans:
    • If we get special parking, then we do that both Saturday and Sunday. Meet at regular location. Depart at 700 am sharp!
    • If we don't get special parking, then we join the Redline Cars meet on Saturday at 730 am, and on Sunday we meet at regular location with a 800 am depart.

Please feel free to contribute with your thoughts and ideas, and we'll try to make a collective decision by Friday.

I'll start a roll call, and I'll be updating this page daily. Just put your forum name, real name, and dates you'll be attending. We'll figure out time details throughout the week. If you're unable to make any of the aforementioned times, then put that too.

Name (Real Name) - Dates Attending

Can't wait to roll with the crew again!!!

UPDATE: May 30 - I received word back from Tim at Bimmerfest, and he's going to give us group parking!!! That means that we can all park together in prime parking inside! Which means it looks like we'll be meeting at the regular spot (In'n'Out) at 6:30 am, and leaving at 7:00 am sharp!
    Is anyone doing the Caravan on Sunday from Los Angeles/North Hollywood Area??

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325i Convertibl
    Hi I'm a real newbie I've only had my 'vert for like 9 weeks. I'm sooo lucky!! I'm going tomorrow but I'm gonna be by myself. So I was hoping I tag along behind you guys on the drive just so I could look Kool too. �� I don't need the special parking if that's a problem. I just wanna drive along with you guys. Let me know soon so I can get to the morning meet. Have a great night!!!

My Cars
    BMW Z3 3.0 VF SC'd
    Updates in main post!!!

Hope some more people see this and show up!!!!

My Cars
    '02 M Coupe x2
    I typed out a whole lotta stupid. Not the joke, the joke was great, man. But there were some other things that were quite the guffaws and I haven't the heart to endure the criticisms I no doubt should receive if I leave those guffaws up. So they have been edited out, the shame! Anyway, yo - roadster guy! Come on down if ya wanna roll in style.
    Last edited by JeffyD; 06-03-2017 at 06:40 AM.

My Cars
    z3
    Maybe next year I'll leave the night before so I can drive out with ya'll in the morning...

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    see my signature
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    Maybe next year I'll leave the night before so I can drive out with ya'll in the morning...
    Are you here man? I drove out with Greg (Dakar owner) in my E91 but yea we only saw like 2 M Coupes... It was brutal heat though, even for us Arizonans lol. We're back again tomorrow morning for a few hours before heading home.
    2006 R53 JCW (British Racing Green) - 1994 E31 840Ci 6spd (AVUS Blue)
    2021 F56 JCW (Rebel Green) - 2000 E38 740i Sport (Titanium Silver)
    2017 F26 X4 M40i (Carbon Black) - 2007 E91 328iT (Deep Green)
    2012 E82 135i M Sport (Marrakesh Brown) - 2015 E84 X1 (Cashmere Silver)
    2005 E53 X5 3.0i Sport (Kalahari Beige) - 2000 E36/7 M Roadster (Oxford Green)
    2000 E38 740i Sport (Oxford Green) - 1999 E36 M3 Coupe (Fern Green)
    1995 E31 840Ci Canadian (Oxford Green) - 2000 E36/8 M Coupe (Oxford Green)
    2004 E46 330Ci (Oxford Green) - 2001 E36/8 Z3 3.0i Coupe (Oxford Green)
    2002 E39 525i Sport (Oxford Green) - 2002 E36/7 M Roadster (Oxford Green)
    2001 E53 X5 3.0i Sport (Oxford Green) - 2007 E63 M6 (Silver Grey)
    1995 E31 840Ci (Oxford Green) - 2006 E86 M Coupe (Sepang Bronze)
    2001 E39 530i Sport (Aspen Silver) - 2009 E92 M3 (Space Grey)
    2001 E38 740i Sport (Sahara Beige) - 2008 E92 M3 (Melbourne Red)
    2000 E38 740i Sport Canadian (Sahara Beige) - 1997 E31 850Ci (Jet Black)

My Cars
    BMW Z3 3.0 VF SC'd
    Do it!!!

You going to Z-Fest?

Quote Originally Posted by Chamberlin View Post
    Are you here man? I drove out with Greg (Dakar owner) in my E91 but yea we only saw like 2 M Coupes... It was brutal heat though, even for us Arizonans lol. We're back again tomorrow morning for a few hours before heading home.
    Was your buddy in a Coupe? There weren't many of us here. I only saw four others, and I drove out with two of those. We're certainly getting rarer and rarer...I hope it's not because people are bunkering these things away, in the hopes that they become collector cars someday. LOL

My Cars
    02 E36/8
    Pictures.?!?

My Cars
    z3
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamberlin View Post
    Was home by the time I saw this. Turnout was a bit less than expected this year... I think there needs to be more to do at these meets so to speak. To me this was just a BMW-focused Pavilions meet.
    Do it!!!

You going to Z-Fest?
    As much as I'd love to make it to Zfest I didn't plan for it and have another vacation that overlaps the start. I think my main focus will be trying to actually get to Dorkfest this year assuming its in SoCal.

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe
    I thought that the Dorkfest gang deferred to ZFest, so aren't planned a meet for this year.

Marty

My Cars
    Chariot
    Dan, thanks for setting up the caravan... that was probably the highlight of the day, hahah. Talk about low attendance. I counted a total of 7 coupes including mine in the main lot all day, Saturday

Did you end up going on Sunday?

My Cars
    Chariot
    Some Autospies coverage,

My Cars
    '02 M Coupe x2
    Friggin gross that Im in one of those pictures. But my car looks hot. So, I'm conflicted.

My Cars
    BMW Z3 3.0 VF SC'd
    As much as I'd love to make it to Zfest I didn't plan for it and have another vacation that overlaps the start. I think my main focus will be trying to actually get to Dorkfest this year assuming its in SoCal.
    No Dorkfest this year. You'll have to wait until 2018 if you're not attending Z-Fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurospec View Post
    Dan, thanks for setting up the caravan... that was probably the highlight of the day, hahah. Talk about low attendance. I counted a total of 7 coupes including mine in the main lot all day, Saturday

Did you end up going on Sunday?
    Yeah, the drive out was the most fun part of Bimmerfest! LOL! What a scorcher of a day!!! I didn't go on Sunday, as we had a family obligation. It was fun rolling up there with you and Jeff, and I LOVE your coupe!!! PM me your digits, cuz we're gonna try to organize a REAL Coupe meet/drive sometime in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffyD View Post
    Friggin gross that Im in one of those pictures. But my car looks hot. So, I'm conflicted.
    The pic is totally ruined by your presence. Children are crying. The angels are sad. Trump. (luv you)

My Cars
    '02 M Coupe x2
    I would like to apologize to everyone about my appearance and extend my deepest, sincerest, serious sowwies to anyone who has had a picture ruined by it. And, to clarify, are you talking about a "real coupe meet" as in a legit meet for coupes? Or are you meaning a meeting for real coupes? I'm assuming you mean the former, cause the latter would preclude some more... ahem... "tribute" M coupes. And I'm sure you'd like to attend.

What im saying is that your coupe is a phony! A big fat phony! Two tailpipes? Oh, that's just cute. :emojis are silly:

on topic - Bimmerfest wasn't as good as it should've been and it was also hot. What's more, elephants are bigger than most known dog breeds and my tummy hurts. I'll try to endure.