Thread: 2005 BMW 525i Bluetooth Audio questions ( playing music via bluetooth )

My Cars
    Isuzu Rodeo

2005 BMW 525i Bluetooth Audio questions ( playing music via bluetooth )

Hey guys,

Just picked up an 05 BMW 525i. I love it. I configured my Bluetooth on my iPhone 5 and its connected just fine to receive and place phone calls perfectly fine. One thing I can not figure out is how to play my music through the cars speakers. I cant seem to find a Bluetooth audio section. All I see in settings is

FM / AM / SAT / CD

What am I doing wrong here? Is it not available ? Do I have to do a software update or something? If so, how do I do it?

I've searched but can not seem to find a definite answer, I'd really appreciate some advice as to how to go about this.

Thanks!

-Bizz

My Cars
    Isuzu Rodeo
    No one with any idea ? I cant be the only one.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 530i
    I had the same problem! Where are you from?

My Cars
    2004 BMW 530i
    Got my done, if you are handy, you can connect aux yourself, and have a local Indy do an updated on retrofitting aux.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 530i
    Two things you have to do in order to be able to listen I music through your phone or iPod, first, install aux input cable, then a software update! Easy right?

My Cars
    2004 BMW 530i
    Listen to* my stupid auto correct

My Cars
    Isuzu Rodeo
    Thanks for the input man, im in Los Angeles CA.

How much did you pay for all this ? Parts and labor?? And what software update? Im definitely not going to do it myself if it requires taking stuff out of the car, rather have a reputable shop do it.

And when you say install an AUX cable, do I actually still have to connect my phone to an AUX cable to listen to music or can I stream Bluetooth audio like all the other cars can?
    Last edited by bizzmeister; 02-21-2014 at 12:31 PM.

My Cars
    Isuzu Rodeo
    Thanks for the input bro!

Im actually in Los Angeles. How much did all this cost you for the parts and labor? Also, when you say AUX cable, do you mean my phone has to always be connected via AUX cable to the car so I can hear the music? Or will I be able to wirelessly stream Bluetooth audio how I want through the speakers like all the other cars.

My Cars
    Isuzu Rodeo
    Thanks! Im in LA. How much did it cost you to do this ? Parts / labor total ? I will find a reputable shop here to do it for me. And when you say AUX cable, does my phone still need to be connected via aux ? I hope not because im trying to stream music wirelessly through Bluetooth onto car stereo like the other cars.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 530i
    If u want it the way you want it, then you have to get a bluetooth USB receiver. Connect that to the aux input cable, and yea the cable has to be connected at all times to the receiver.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 530i
    Also, the receiver has to be charging the entire time cause it needs power, so you need to purchase a charger for that too. Software updated cost me 90 $ the other items might be like 20! You

My Cars
    2009 audi a4
    This is one issue I used to have, can't figure out how to stream music. My friend recommended the viseeousa WMA3000B. I can say that it really works well for streaming music, excellent sound quality. Very simple device that solve my problem.

My Cars
    2008 535xi Sport

BMW and Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by bizzmeister View Post
    No one with any idea ? I cant be the only one.
    With all the engineering accolades people heave on BMW, this is where they fell short. Enhanced Bluetooth capability was available when the first e60 rolled out but for some reason and afterthought to BMW. When I had my 2000 740 Sport (e38), a bunch of engineers in the forum reverse engineered the BMW ULF and retrofitted it to the e38s and others. www.bimmernav.com was one of those guys.

Any time I can rent a Toyota Corolla has better Bluetooth is shameful. They eventually caught up and with the current cars some might say cutting edge. We are left out in the cold as far as BMW is concerned but there are plenty of aftermarket choices but you have to spend some paper to get there.

Regards,

Nate

My Cars
    2009 528i xdrive
    I have a 2009 528i. Does anyone have a issue with the usb port and the aux not working.

My Cars
    1999 528i sport
    Hello everyone I just bought a bluetooth dongle for $20 and it works awesome for my E60. Took 1 minute to install too.

My Cars
    2007 530xi 6 spd.manual
    The OP's vehicle is a 2005, so no USB solutions are available to us pre-LCI. A good discussion (and solution) on this topic can be found here:

https://5series.net/forums/bluetooth...eaming-139872/
    2007 530xi, Black Metallic Sapphire, 6 speed manual, Sport package, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package, Premium Sound Package, Sirius Satellite Radio, MTech front bumper, Replica Style 166 wheels