Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coding different speedometer scale on E38/39 cluster

My Cars
    M3 e-36
    i think you need code the eeprom with other dates as original but realy i donīt know how much you need change.You can try to change line to configure the speedometer

My Cars
    1997 BMW 740IL E38
    OK. What if I read the EEPROM from the alpina car/cluster and then write it to the EEPROM in my cluster using bmw scanner 1.4?
    When I read the EEPROM from the bmw scanner IKE menu I get 2 backup files "IKE_eep.bin & IKE_wr.bin" Could I use them to write my EEPROM then?

My Cars
    2001 E46 330D-2007 E61
    Quote Originally Posted by revtor View Post
    Even though I firmly believe this is not a "proper" way to achieve what you want, I guess it should work.

In NCS Dummy, add a new parameter "6034_imp/km" to function "K_ZAHL_TACHO" and enter 17,92 for the data value (= hexadecimal for 6034). Then add the same parameter to function "K_ZAHL_TACHO_KOMPL" but enter E8,6D for the data value (= complement of 17,92). Save the changes to the module. See chapter 3.1.4 in the NCS Dummy user manual for more details on adding parameters to modules. Next load your "FSW_PSW.TRC" trace file in NCS Dummy, tick the checkboxes of both new "6034_imp/km" parameters and export the "FSW_PSW.MAN" trace manipulation file. Finally recode the module with NCS Expert...

The odometer should not be affected - it uses its own K-value ("K_ZAHL_WEG" and "K_ZAHL_WEG_KOMPL"). I assume the fuel consumption calculation will also use this K-value. I'm not sure about the current speed in the instrument cluster service menu, though... I wouldn't be surprised if it reads wrong. It's probably not a bad idea to use a standalone GPS device before and after the modification to make sure all readings remain correct.
    How to calculate the complement ?

My Cars
    1997 BMW 740IL E38
    I have given up this project for now.

Instead I've bought a remanufactured original Alpina Cluster from a 2002 B10.
    The cluster has 0km/miles on it and is in a virgin/ factory default state.

So now my question is: Whats the best way to code this cluster to my car?
    Is it posible to use NCS expert, or do I have to use SSS Progman? Or maybe Bmw scanner?

My Cars
    1993 850csi
    hello 740AV, maybe this will revive this thread
    Just a quick question, I have a 750i e38, and a B10 cluster......so basically have the same problem as you had, just wondering if you had found a solution to recode the tacho>?
    thx

My Cars
    BMW E39 530d Touring
    Any news?

My Cars
    E21,E38,E39,F10 M5
    Found this thread while troubleshooting an issue with my cluster after a bad coding session.

What value in the KMBI_E38.C12 would be changed to cause the tach needle to not move at all?

It's a black-faced 2000 M5 IKE, coded to my 2003 540i. I updated the ZCS with the nav options, but prior to doing that I connected with NCS to read ECUs see if I was still familiar with using it.. then I processed the whole car (i think?) by mistake. Not sure exactly what happened, but rather than rage into doing more damage, I stepped back and took a break and focused on generating the new ZCS code and refreshed myself on the steps to change that.

I have NCS Dummy open with the same KMBI_E38.C12 shots mentioned earlier in this thread, yet, the tach needle doesnt move at all

I tested the IKE with the service menu, all needles and lights work. I drove with the digital speed menu option, and it registered a km ph speed fine.

While retrofitting the nav, there is a speed sensor wire that needed to be connected to a wire on the IKE. I connected it just before doing the bad session with NCS. I've since disconnected it again since it was an unpopulated pin on the connector, but still no analog tach.

My gut says its something in the coding got flipped when i processed the car since this IKE isnt original to the 540i

Stancing is for drivers trapped in an abusive relationship of their own lives.

My Cars
    323ti supercharged DCT
    Did anyone do something similar in the E36? There too the tacho is calibrated to 300 km/h, in NCS Expert I can only see up to 280 km/h.
    Last edited by ATi95; 01-05-2022 at 06:40 AM.

My Cars
    E38 740iA '00
    So just did it with E38 IKE C12 - first you need to properly calculate impulses per km value according to your wheels and write it into IKE. The best way is to use NCS Dummy to add a new parameter to index and then use NCS Expert to code. Second step - use BMW Scanner from PASoft, read IKE EEPROM and change values like this:
    address | new_value
    0x00b8 | 09
    0x00b9 | 3c
    0x00ec | f6
    0x00ed | c3

This is for TACHO_OFFSET and TACHO_SKALA_ENDWERT parameters (also complementary ones) value 250_km/h_japan - 250 kilometers per hour (japan). This can't be done using NCS Expert with C12, it works only for C5 clusters.
    Dunno why in Japan they use more accurate indications) So for me the needle now shows +2km/h from real speed. Guess if we change "09" to a smaller value the needle will be more precise.
    Last edited by XCommandeRX; 03-12-2024 at 05:35 PM.
    E38 740iAL '00
    I sold my soul to speed...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12