Thread: Turbo Oil Feed Line setups

My Cars
    1994 328 e36 drift car.

Turbo Oil Feed Line setups

Okay, So I've been piecing together all the turbo stuff for my car. I will be running an m52 with a top mount turbo. I have been trying to figure out the best way for the turbo oil feed. I would also like to run an oil cooler. As I see it I have a few options..

I have read that a lot of people have trouble with this set up.
    http://www.iemotorsport.com/bmw/E36-...lcooladpt.html
    I like this because I could run the turbo feed and the oil cooler off of the same piece.

There is this. But I have read that a lot of people have clearance issues with this and the pressure sender location.
    http://www.trmtuning.com/?product=tr...ribution-block

There is also this Oil Distribution Block by bimmerworld.
    http://store.bimmerworld.com/oil-dis...ock-p1250.aspx

As I see it if I were to run one of the ODB I would still need either this
    http://store.bimmerworld.com/bimmerw...px?Thread=True
    or the euro oil filter housing to run the oil cooler.

Are there any other better solutions I am missing? I would love for some of you more experienced guys to chime in with some advice. Also pictures would be nice. Thanks in advance.

My Cars
    I only have experience with the JT-Designs / bimmerworld ODB, so cant comment on the other parts, but my experiences with the bimmerworld ODB are fine. It does the job. I didnt run into any clearance issues either.

The reason I chose the bimmerworld ODB is because it offered 3 ports, which I wanted. 1 for the oil pressure sender for the oil pressure gauge, 1 for the stock sensor for the idiot light, and of course 1 for the turbo feed.

I have read that mounting the oil pressure sender directly on JTD/BW ODB can eventually lead to it leaking or cracking, so I ended remote mounting the sender itself .

For oil cooling im running the s54 oil filter housing and running custom lines to the cooler.

Just posting my experience, sorry I really dont know of other alternatives other than what you already mentioned.
    Last edited by BimmerBoy; 01-30-2014 at 07:29 PM.

My Cars
    1998 328is
    i've been using the rally road vanos bolt. its tight with the rad hose but its do able.

My Cars
    E30
    I'm running an m52 top mount set up as well in my e30. I use the rally road oil filter cap for the oil cooler lines. I drilled and tapped my VANOS bolt for the oil feed. It was before rally road introduced their VANOS bolt or I'd be using that too.

I can snap some pictures if you like.

m3mods is offline Boost Addict BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    AC Schnitzer S3 CLS
    +1 for vanos bolt and no issues

My Cars
    E36,E38, and E46
    I have never seen anyone do it the way mine is setup. I wonder why? I bought the engine setup this way but if you are looking at the oil filter housing from the driver side tire there is a big square flange with a seal that seals the housing to the block. its tapped through the housing at the very top into the oil passage. tons of oil for sure. I had to put a restrictor on it.

My Cars
    323ci, f800s
    maniacmatt
    Would you please add some pictures of how you tapped that bolt <3