Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E36 front and rear mud flaps

My Cars
    '97 BMW 332ti
    Too late now buddy. All I have is my own set.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by dwonda View Post
    I'm interested period.
    I ended up finding a set a few months ago. I also missed out on another set recently, and I might have one more on lock (new) I got mine Shipped from the UK. I think these were most popular in northern Europe and you will find that most hardware is rusted and completely unusable and you have to modify them to work. I will post pictures of my process soon, i am trying to replicate the OEM brackets with what I am trying to create(I actually got the last of the hardware today on lunch)

There is a driver's side front mudflap on ebay UK right now, i would contact the seller and see about shipping. The picture shows obvious signs of the hardware being rusted and swollen beyond repair. You would have to modify something like me to make it fit

///M

My Cars
    '97 BMW 332ti
    Yeah. You can find used sets once in a while. Some ppl will ship overseas but sometimes the price is ridiculous. I've always wanted to find a manufacturer locally to make some.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Marv17 View Post
    Yeah. You can find used sets once in a while. Some ppl will ship overseas but sometimes the price is ridiculous. I've always wanted to find a manufacturer locally to make some.
    I scored on my shipping, but the only piece on ebay now is trying to charge close to $100 just for shipping.

I've never seen mudflaps as quality as these. Very heavy duty, thick rubber with metal mounting hardware moulded into the rubber. Even the parts guys I know at other dealers comment on how much better they are made than any other set they have encountered.
    ///M

My Cars
    '97 BMW 332ti
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino7200 View Post
    I scored on my shipping, but the only piece on ebay now is trying to charge close to $100 just for shipping.

I've never seen mudflaps as quality as these. Very heavy duty, thick rubber with metal mounting hardware moulded into the rubber. Even the parts guys I know at other dealers comment on how much better they are made than any other set they have encountered.
    Yeah, I kept saying that before but everyone is just being dumb and complaining that they aren't oem whereas oem ones were even cheap pieces of plastic crap. And then complaining about how expensive they were. Sucks but tough luck finding things that aren't being made now.

My Cars
    1988 325 Super ETA

I would be very interested in your "process". I recently acquired some, the rubber is good but all the metal is rusted and swollen. On one of them the metal brackets are all gone. Not really sure what to do with them. I would love to start manufacturing these too but unfortunately the cost of that would be atleast tens of thousands, just to get another manufacturer to make these.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I kept saying that before but everyone is just being dumb and complaining that they aren't oem whereas oem ones were even cheap pieces of plastic crap. And then complaining about how expensive they were. Sucks but tough luck finding things that aren't being made now.
    What non oem ones?

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    I would be very interested in your "process". I recently acquired some, the rubber is good but all the metal is rusted and swollen. On one of them the metal brackets are all gone. Not really sure what to do with them. I would love to start manufacturing these too but unfortunately the cost of that would be atleast tens of thousands, just to get another manufacturer to make these.

- - - Updated - - -

What non oem ones?
    Yea, i think these are OEM, but it has a short part number. They look like every one I have seen for the fronts

The mudflaps do not sit flush with the body from how swollen the metal is inside the rubber. I'll tell you I started by taking a razor and enlarging the openings around the metal and chipping away at all the metal untill I removed it completely. I have right angle brackets that match the original metal put in their place (plan to epoxy in there), with a threaded stud on the exposed side to have the adjustment screws in place

I'll take photos ASAP
    Last edited by Rhino7200; 09-30-2015 at 07:06 PM.
    ///M

My Cars
    1988 325 Super ETA
    I've only EVER seen oem ones, what are these non oem ones you talk about? Looking at your OP they look completely OEM.

My Cars
    '97 BMW 332ti
    These that I have are a rubber compound. Oem ones are pure hard plastic.
    Mine fit like oem as well with better hardware.

My Cars
    1988 325 Super ETA
    Where did you get the idea that the OEM ones are pure hard plastic? Mine are OEM, but they are a softer rubber compound with metal brackets molded into the rubber just like you've described and are also identical to the ones in your OP.

My Cars
    '97 BMW 332ti
    Where did you get the idea that the OEM ones are pure hard plastic? Mine are OEM, but they are a softer rubber compound with metal brackets molded into the rubber just like you've described and are also identical to the ones in your OP.
    The idea came from when I had rear ones only on my 318ti, they were plastic. Then I saw my buddy's set on his coupe. Hard plastic.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    I have a set I should be getting from a guy north of me. I've been asking him for a while now. They are new in packaging. I can confirm once (or if) I get my hands on those
    ///M

My Cars
    1988 325 Super ETA
    Granted, the only rear ones I've seen have been hard plastic, and the front no side skirt ones are also hard plastic, but never the front mudflaps for side skirts. Mine even say BMW on the wheel side of them. I'll take a picture if you don't believe me.

- - - Updated - - -

Just look at the 4th picture on this eBay listing, you can see where it says BMW, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-BMW-...item33a8e1a392

Does that guy have anymore? Why is it an "if"?

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    Granted, the only rear ones I've seen have been hard plastic, and the front no side skirt ones are also hard plastic, but never the front mudflaps for side skirts. Mine even say BMW on the wheel side of them. I'll take a picture if you don't believe me.

- - - Updated - - -

Just look at the 4th picture on this eBay listing, you can see where it says BMW, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-BMW-...item33a8e1a392

Does that guy have anymore? Why is it an "if"?
    Still trying to talk him into selling them to me
    ///M

My Cars
    1988 325 Super ETA
    Still trying to talk him into selling them to me
    Haha sounds like you aren't offering enough MONAY!!!

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe
    I have set of front one for side skirts! They are for sale!

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Convertible
    Sold!
    I can get more sets if ppl are still interested. LMK
    Please contact me if you can still get the fronts.
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12