Thread: This is FCP. How are we doing?

My Cars
    BMW Everything

This is FCP. How are we doing?

Hey Everyone,

This is Ed Santandrea from FCP and I am the customer loyalty manager, basically working on ways we can make the FCP experience the best possible for both new and returning customers.

We just completed our annual survey, so some of you may have already provided feedback there, so thank you. I did however want to introduce myself here since many of you have had a lot of experience with FCP over the years (both good and bad) so I thought it would make sense to reach out to you all a little bit more personally than a survey and ask again -

“How are we doing?”

-Ed
    Lifetime Replacement Guarantee, Free Shipping on $49+, and Hassle-Free Returns.
    FCP Euro - OEM & Genuine European Auto Parts Online

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    Thanks Butter Stoch - much appreciated.

My Cars
    F90 M5; E36 M3 Turbo
    I have been buying stuff from FCP for about 10 years -- I used to have Volvos. I like the new lifetime warranty, though I have not yet had to use it. I buy parts pretty regularly. FCP has the lowest free shipping dollar threshold around and I am in nearby NH so parts arrive quickly.

If I had to be critical, I would say that it would be nice if you offered more "dealer only" type parts rather than just popular parts. Some shops like ECS Tuning will get pretty much any part you see on www.realoem.com for a late model BMW. When I have an order that includes some "dealer only" type parts, I sometimes buy from ECS Tuning or Pelican Parts instead, because they can get me everything.

Also on a critical note, I was buying new E36M3 rod and main bearings recently and needed them the next day. I called FCP around 4:30 and was told it was too late for them to ship anything that day. The salesperson expressed no interest in helping out by rushing an order and dropping it off at FedEx (the pickup is at 6:00 pm at my local Fedex), but I understand that may be a practical consideration in that it is not worth the time or you are not set up for that sort of last minute shipping. I ended up buying from Pelican Parts, which is located on the West Coast so it was earlier in the day there and I was not asking them to rush an order, and had the parts shipped overnight to the machine shop.

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by FCPGroton View Post
    Thanks Butter Stoch - much appreciated.
    A+ across the board.

Only issue I have ever had , was when the new customer loyality manager (ED) responded to a post of mine and forgot the "S" in my name ButterS.

I think we can live with that : )

Great company you guys got there. I will continue to do business with.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    s50 swapped 318i, e30ix
    You Guys Are Great. Love the free shipping availability, and rock bottom prices of big ticket items like clutch kits and starters. Keep it up!

I also had to return some items. Asked for a shipping label and I received. Sent it out the same day and got my refund processed the next day. You are also the biggest resaler of Meyle Parts, which is also great.
    ​ CLICK BELOW TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MY BUSINESS AND HOBBY.

My Cars
    02 M3
    Ordered hood struts from you guys about 2 weeks ago, the second I got the email they shipped, the arrived at my door lol awesome.

I use Pelican and ECS mostly because of OEM part availability and a better website, which in my opinion, you can't put a price on. Also to the previous poster, being a big reseller of Meyle parts is not a good thing. They generally suck and are of much lower quality than Lemforder and other after market parts manufacturers. There is much info on the web about Meyle part failure and lack of quality. I would steer clear of Meyle parts and go in a different direction.

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    Pbonsalb – thank you for the feedback and for using us. We think our guarantee reflects how we like to do business, so I am glad it struck a cord with you.

With respect to the “dealer only” parts, we can get them for you, its just that we don’t have them listed on the site yet. If you have the BMW part number (from realOEM for example), we should be able to bring in the part and ship it out to you. This is something we are aware of, but that is the “fix” for now.

With respect to the bearing, my guess is that we did not have it in stock, but I can’t be sure. Employees here are sympathetic to car owners in need as we have been there ourselves. I do know we set the cutoff so to be sure we don’t set the wrong expectation with the customer, but to your point we should have handled it better. My apologies.

Butter Stoch – Thank you for the ribbing, I am feeling more at home here as a result. Please find your S attached… “S”

200kclub – Wow – that’s great. Glad to hear all went well.

Inflame – We love to ship the same day whenever we can – for this reason!

Nicky3 – Thank you for the feedback. More BMW is a focus for us starting with Genuine, OEM and some performance. It’s no small feat, so if you are willing to give us a list of what you need, chances are we can get it for you, even if it’s not on our site. As you are already aware there are differing opinions on Meyle, as with any brand for that matter, which is why we try to have more than one option.

Ed

My Cars
    TV M3
    Always had a good experience and being in CT means very quick/free shipping. Pricing is very competitive vs. other and if I cant find the part I need on the website ive emailed the part # and usually had a response with price the same day.

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    uconnr - thank you. Glad all went well including for ordering parts we don't have on the site.

- Ed

My Cars
    1994 318is; 2001 525i
    Big ups for FCP. I recently returned some items when I later learned I did not need them (code cleared). FCP responded quickly, and I received a prompt refund upon return. I find their prices to be very competitive, and they have an excellent shipping policy. Delivery was very quick. While there are other worthy vendors on this forum, FCP certainly deserves to be considered when you are looking for parts.

My Cars
    A couple of hooptys
    I've been extremely happy with you guys at FCP for a few years now. I usually buy from either FCP, Pelican, or occasionally BavAuto. It's almost like cheating to have online shopping. It's very simple to compare prices, and FCP does have the cheapest free-shipping threshold, so that's great. Unfortunately, Pelican is on the West coast where I live, so if prices are comparable, I go with them often because I get things in a day and a half.
    That being said, I did a TON of business (>$2000) a couple years ago right around spring break, because the ENTIRE website was 15% off, and that absolutely blew the competition out of the water when I was ordering 2 full sets of Bilsteins, 3 sets of control arms/tie rods/end links/bushings, an entire clutch kit, brake pads, and a bunch of other stuff. I mean, it was so cheap, I fixed parts on my cars that I never thought I'd fix. Does FCP ever plan to do a blanket sale like that again? That being said, I do enjoy doing business, and the website now is better than it's ever been. Your lifetime warranty is the best in the business, and you always answer my questions quickly.

1997 328i/4/5 - Cosmosschwarz Metallic on Dove Grey - Auto/Manual Swap - M3 Bilstein Sport/H&R Sports (95 M3 mounts) - Offset M3 LCAB - 20mm M3 rear sway bar - X-Brace - AA Tuning Strut Tower Bar - Rogue Engineering RSM - Dinan Cat-Back - 3.38 LSD - E46 330 front/328 rear brakes - SS Brake Lines - E36 fitment Style 42's (staggered) - M3 Front Bumper - M3 side moldings - M3 Rear Diffuser - DJ Auto Headlights (6k HIDS) - Frenched Fogs - OEM Clear Tails - E65 Rearview Mirror (Homelink controls + Autodim) - Alpine Type S Cabin Speakers (6x9 Retrofit) - 8" JVC woofer - Black Kidneys - Red Needles/Chrome Gauge Rings - OEM Alarm - Full Interior/Trunk LED Lighting - Mishimoto Full-Aluminum Radiator - More to Come!

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    shlalaw - Glad to hear everything worked out, that is how we like it to work. If you don't need it, just send it back and we will credit you. Don't you just love clearing codes and they don't come back! My family just got an older S60 and it had a few codes, but we managed to clear them before emissions. Only had I know about the drive cycle, we would not have been to emissions three times before we were ready for testing.

Jagerking– Thanks for the feedback. Yes, that one 15% off sale is legendary and would be hard to duplicate again in our current form. The main reason being is at that time we were using couponing heavily so our pricing needed to support that. We realized it made more sense to just lower our prices and give loyalty rewards to our returning customers as a thank you (just not as large a discount). Also, and to your point, the benefit today is that you can buy parts when you need them, not when they are on sale. So, no 15% off sales planned, but I assume you are getting emails and notifications with your loyalty reward codes, yes?

Ed
    Last edited by FCPEuro; 01-24-2014 at 01:00 PM.

My Cars
    Z4 3.0
    Placed an order on FCPEURO website on April 4th AM time EST, parts showed to be "In Stock", however it has not been shipped yet as of April 8th, and it still says "Processing"!

Not happy since I was planning to install them this weekend!

Why it takes so long to process and ship parts that are shown to be in stock?

Quote Originally Posted by FCPEuro View Post
    Hey Everyone,

This is Ed Santandrea from FCP and I am the customer loyalty manager, basically working on ways we can make the FCP experience the best possible for both new and returning customers.

We just completed our annual survey, so some of you may have already provided feedback there, so thank you. I did however want to introduce myself here since many of you have had a lot of experience with FCP over the years (both good and bad) so I thought it would make sense to reach out to you all a little bit more personally than a survey and ask again -

“How are we doing?”

-Ed

My Cars
    BMW Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by BU Z4 View Post
    Placed an order on FCPEURO website on April 4th AM time EST, parts showed to be "In Stock", however it has not been shipped yet as of April 8th, and it still says "Processing"!

Not happy since I was planning to install them this weekend!

Why it takes so long to process and ship parts that are shown to be in stock?
    That doesn't sound right at all and I apologize for any inconvenience. You didn't receive any communication from anyone in regards to why there could have been a delay or why the order could have been held up? Please send me a PM or email me direct at gareth@fcpeuro.com so I can take a look into this for you and get it sorted.

My Cars
    '73 E9, '94 E34, '02 E46
    Ed: maybe you've heard this before. It's about shipping to those of us who aren't in the 48. Here it is: many parts vendors, FCP included, offer free shipping to CONUS after some minimum purchase. We all know that there's no free lunch, so someone is paying the shipping on all those parts. Maybe it's built into the parts price, but I've not found a single supplier that will extend the free shipping offer to those of us in the Paradise of the Pacific. So what: it means that HI and AK residents pay the same prices but don't get free shipping, thus we're subsidizing shipping to CONUS customers.

This goes for all the emailed "parts specials" I get too (when I'm subbed, which usually doesn't last, because the offers don't apply to me). The large print giveth and the fine print taketh away. The cost of shipping also means that your guarantee is worth less to HI and AK customers, since the shipping cost eats up the warranty benefit if failed parts have to be returned.

It need not be said, but internet buyers are the guys who won't pay the dealer or independents the going labor rate. We're the guys who fix our own. And buy our parts from wherever we can get the best prices and service. FCP has to be one of the major suppliers to this market and is widely known and respected. Surely to maintain that market advantage you can do something for your customers located across the pond or past the northern border.

Throw us a bone.... at least...? Ball is in your court.

If not may you have a helluva winter, road salt get into your ears and curl your toes!
    Last edited by Honolulu; 04-23-2019 at 11:07 PM.
    Charlie

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to add value to these threads, either by pictures or by descriptions, so the next person with the same or similar problem stands on your shoulders.