Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can we talk about the default image insertion behavior?

Terry F. is offline ONLY BMW Content is + Moderator
    My Cars
    M-Roadster
    Thanks, Park, I appreciate your feedback. You really noticed the change, eh? BTW, didn't the upgrade allow larger attachments? Might explain the some of the increase in usage, improved functionality...

I think I will tow this to the Feedback and Suggestions Forum and open it up to a larger audience. Kev might see it over there and be able to comment as well.

Terry

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    95 240SX|98 Z3M|05 Elise
    I believe you are correct, the old software didn't allow as large of attachments. That probably has a lot to do with attachments being used more.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Attachments are to be used for things that we want to keep around for the future ... wiring diagrams, part descriptions, manuals, etc. Attachments should not be used to upload images of your car, smilies or memes. Let's save the space we have for things we want to preserve and use photobucket for things that are only important right now.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    That's a decent policy Kevlar, and thank you for enumerating it. Have you given thought to changing the default image insertion behavior as described in this thread? I think it would be a huge improvement and really encourage the use you're hoping for. It would also make it much easier for those of us who post dozens and dozens of images in a post (which I do all the time).
    Last edited by BenFenner; 03-17-2014 at 10:04 AM.

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    Thoughts on changing the defaults?

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    I don't think we have the ability to do what you are asking as it is 'core' to the vB system. Removing the attachment functionality would solve the issue you are seeing, but then users who be confused because attachments are so prevalent on vB systems (we get complaints about that now in forums that have attachments turned off).
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe, 1994 SE-R
    The default behavior can be changed, I'm almost positive. Are you on vBulletin 4.2.0? Newer, older?

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

My Cars
    91 318is
    So photobucket doesn't seem to work for me at all (the app). I have been using google+ for photos.

How do I post a picture now without it being huuuuge.

This is driving me crazy

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    When you choose the size of the image you want to upload, just choose not full size? I haven't used photobucket in forever.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123