Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Euro Windshield Washer Reservoir

My Cars
    04 330ci ZHP, 04 Yukon
    ECS Tuning sells a kit with all the needed parts. I don't remember the part # but it's on their site.
    Check out my current build pics here

My Cars
    E36 ///M
    Quote Originally Posted by EfiniMotorsport View Post
    ECS Tuning sells a kit with all the needed parts. I don't remember the part # but it's on their site.
    http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E36-M3-...390/ES2612303/
    1999 BMW M3

Avatar Credit: HERMPWR aka Brooke Weisbender

My Cars
    BMW 330d F31 E36 M3
    Hi, I know you said the bracket wasn't in the picture but I just can't picture where it would go, I've just replaced the pump on mine and there wasn't a bracket present, just the two nuts and bolts that go through the bumper bar and the screw through the bottom of the bottle/bumper. Do you have any pictures? Thank you

My Cars
    '90 325is '88 M3 '87 iX
    Has anyone checked to see if an E90 washer reservoir would fit in the fender of an E36?

My Cars
    2003 330i ZHP
    Looks like it would be in the way of many common IC pipe routings... still working on my project.. .isn't there an OEM tank that fits up behind the strut tower close to the firewall that works?

My Cars
    1993 325is
    If anyone is looking, I have most of a complete kit, brand new. Just a little dusty from sitting around for a long time. I'll give someone a good deal if they want it.

My Cars
    BMW 330d F31 E36 M3
    Do you have the bracket? How does it fit to the tank and then the car, on mine the tank is fastened on the bumper cross member and then again through the button but no other brackets?

My Cars
    1993 325is
    I couldn't say. I do have the bracket. However I never had the opportunity to complete the install.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by boostd4 View Post
    Looks like it would be in the way of many common IC pipe routings... still working on my project.. .isn't there an OEM tank that fits up behind the strut tower close to the firewall that works?
    That's the coolant reservoir, not the washer fluid reservoir.

There is no need to plug the headlight washer pump if you don't have it. There are two versions of the container, for with and without headlight washers.

On my SMG car, the bracket is not installed. As mentiond, nut/bolts (2x) through bumper bar and screw/body nut for the bottom mount.

No idea when and how that bracket is used, although that open end 'fork' goes around that funny looking 'button' that is on top of the reservoir.

Not my pic:

And it could be fitted incorretly as that other 'floating' mount looks out of place.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    '97 M3
    The euro washer tank shouldn’t interfere with the hot pipe if you have a bend right at the intercooler inlet. The washer tank is C shaped and sits around the RH fog light outboard of the RH brake duct.

I have one. It gives me a lots of room up top for a big cone filter.
    Last edited by chikinhed; 10-03-2018 at 09:34 PM.

My Cars
    E36 - 1998 328iS - LS2
    Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post
    ...On my SMG car, the bracket is not installed. As mentiond, nut/bolts (2x) through bumper bar and screw/body nut for the bottom mount.

No idea when and how that bracket is used, although that open end 'fork' goes around that funny looking 'button' that is on top of the reservoir....
    To be clear, the bracket that's not used on your SMG car is part #61662228398, correct?

For those who have installed this tank in US cars, was bracket #61662228398 needed?

And I assume omitting the small strainer, part #61681386307, that's NLA is not critical?

Thanks.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Yes, that bracket is not used on my M3 SMG. I have a hard time visualizing how it would fit.

The strainer is just a filter/siff. You don’t need it. Though I’m happy I ordered two some time ago. I usually do that now as more and more parts become NLA out of the blue.

And this strainer actually fits. The strainer on the non-SMG bottles are held in with these super thin tabs that always break after quick while.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    E36 - 1998 328iS - LS2
    Yes, that bracket is not used on my M3 SMG. I have a hard time visualizing how it would fit.
    Interesting. Hopefully, those who have used the bracket can elaborate regarding its purpose.

The strainer is just a filter/siff. You don’t need it.
    That's what I figured.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12