Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Secondary air pump delete update

My Cars
    2003 540iA MSport
    Given the price of a new SAP, valve, and hose, I would definitely be interested in looking at this for my M62TU.

Jeremy

2003 Black/Black 540i MSport | nav | cold weather (pride and joy)
    1999 Silver/Black-gray two tone Audi A4 30vqm | low | suede trim | catback | KrautoLED full package | RS4 grille | Merc wheels (much loved DD)
    2004 Odyssey EXL (family hauler)

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by 16valex View Post
    Thank you. I'm very sure you are correct. So, How do I order one for M54? I don't want the PNP, of course I do but the price difference is big.

Sending PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheDevil View Post
    Given the price of a new SAP, valve, and hose, I would definitely be interested in looking at this for my M62TU.
    I've built a handful for the M62tu and could get one together this week.
    S54 swap DME flashing - $100
    S54 swap CAN interface board (for proper A/C & check engine light) - $275
    e36 SAP sim/secondary air pump simulator:
    $75 - standard or $170 - plug & play
    e36 post-cat O2 sims: $115 shipped, plug & play

My Cars
    02-530 stick Blown
    Quote Originally Posted by gpeterson View Post
    Sending PM.

- - - Updated - - -

I've built a handful for the M62tu and could get one together this week.
    PM has been replied. Oh BTW, Are you saying the M62TU and M54 are similar?

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Are you saying the M62TU and M54 are similar?
    Yes - M52/S52 is really the oddball since it uses a different type of O2 sensor and requires a different signal.

The sims I build for other engines all use the same circuit but the wire lengths and connectors can vary.

My Cars
    M3 - 525iTa - M5
    This is awesome!! PMing you about a simulator for my wife's e39 with an M54

My Cars
    '02 M5;'08 328CI;07X
    I am interested, please PM me
    02 M5 (less than 45k miles), 09 328, 07 X3, 10 MB C350, '02 530 AA Stage2/intercooler, 04' 330, jaguar 3.0AWD

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    All PMs replied.

I can build a sap sim for any e39. I just need to know if each of the pre-cat O2 connectors has the large letter A, B, or C on it and the wire lengths. This is a M62 diagram someone else made - http://e36-electronic.com/photos/wirelengths.png

I don't need a diagram, just the lengths, and (for plug & play) the O2 connector letter.

Pricing is the same as E36 sims.

My Cars
    E21,E38,E39,F10 M5
    Received my sensor already, looks like excellent craftsmanship.

To anybody looking to do these to an E39 540/M5 with SuperSprint headers, make sure you get the longer wire length at the o2 sensor end.

Stancing is for drivers trapped in an abusive relationship of their own lives.

My Cars
    1996 M3, 2016 GMC Canyon
    Question about the Vacuum valve the the exhaust hardlines run to, can it be deleted?

Im am specifically talking about #7-1

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=11_6092

Can I delete all that vacuum line, I have had the SAP deleted with ebay headers for over a year and im sure it throws a code, but that isnt a concern to me.

ALso where does the vacuum line #19 go?

Thanks.

My Cars
    2010 BMW M6*2019 X3 M40i
    If you have gpeterson simulator as I do then you shouldn't get code as I don't. Even though I have M52, it's similar to that diagram and all I did is is to put rubber cap on metal vacuum line next to #12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommiie View Post
    Question about the Vacuum valve the the exhaust hardlines run to, can it be deleted?

Can I delete all that vacuum line, I have had the SAP deleted with ebay headers for over a year and im sure it throws a code, but that isnt a concern to me.

Thanks.

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommiie View Post

Thanks.
    Part #7 must remain electrically connected but can be disconnected from vacuum. If you are getting rid of the hard line (#10) I'd suggest a vacuum cap in place of part #9. You could also replace #4 with a cap and get rid of all vacuum lines running to the solenoid valve.

I believe #19 goes to the fuel pressure regulator.

My Cars
    2003 540MSPORT 6 #861
    Quote Originally Posted by BMW540san View Post
    http://forum.roadfly.com/threads/131...mp-elimination

It's been about 10 months since I installed the SAP simulator and no check engine light or other codes pointing to cats problems. I did have concern about effect on cats, but realistically, the SAP is US only emission thing and the European 528 with same ECU don't have the SAP from factory.

I just passed the emission testing and that was the reason for this update in case anybody is like me who don't want to pay $300 for something that's really not necessary on E39.

Obviously, do your homework and your local emission testing might be more strict.

I bought my simulator here:http://e36-electronic.com/ .The kit is excellent quality and no problems so far.

so this won't work on the M62TU?
    2003 540MSPORT #861/1265 -GF71249 .Black Sapphire Metallic/Sandbeige.Dinan intake~M60 manifold
    Spec racing stage 2+ clutch and custom light flywheel .M5 rear LSD 3:15~M5 driveshaft ~Rogue Octane SSK
    36K ENGINE SWAP!!!.~Rogue thrust arm bushings~Rogue studds~Dinan strut bar
    EIBACH front/rear sway bars with BEASTPOWER brackets~CDV delete~Redline fluids/Racing blue Ate~ APEX EC7 RIMS SQUARE 18 x 10's~M Pararallel rims 9.5 all around~285 30 18 rears~265 35 18 fronts~ENKIE 18x10's square with Continental Slicks 275's square~RE 11's, 595 RSR's~BC racing coil overs 8k/6K~Steel braided brake lines~Powder Coated valve covers-A1 headers 100 cell cats, performance resonator and 4
    cross tips, CUSTOM BBK - MASSIVE HATS AND BRACKETS - AERO-6 WILDWOOD-, ANODIZED CALIPERS STAINLESS STEEL PISTONS THERMAL TREATED, CUSTOM WILDWOOD ROTORS 14.50

My Cars
    2003 540i6
    Quote Originally Posted by evomel View Post
    so this won't work on the M62TU?
    It does work with the M62TU. Same system between all motors*, just different wire lengths.

* except M52/S52

My Cars
    1996 M3, 2016 GMC Canyon
    Part #7 must remain electrically connected but can be disconnected from vacuum. If you are getting rid of the hard line (#10) I'd suggest a vacuum cap in place of part #9. You could also replace #4 with a cap and get rid of all vacuum lines running to the solenoid valve.

I believe #19 goes to the fuel pressure regulator.

Okay sounds good. I was curious because I've had the pump deleted for awhile now, but never looked at the remaining lines until recently when I did a M50 intake manifold swap.

My Cars
    '01 BMW 540i M-Sport 6MT

Interested in a SAP SIM for my 540i M-Sport 6MT with the M62TU

All PMs replied.

I can build a sap sim for any e39. I just need to know if each of the pre-cat O2 connectors has the large letter A, B, or C on it and the wire lengths. This is a M62 diagram someone else made - http://e36-electronic.com/photos/wirelengths.png

I don't need a diagram, just the lengths, and (for plug & play) the O2 connector letter.

Pricing is the same as E36 sims.
    Hi gpeterson, I'm interested in getting rid of the CEL that my car threw after my SAP went bad and seized up. Are you still making these Simulators? If so, what's the best way we can coordinate. Thanks.

Ilan

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by Muradi View Post
    Hi gpeterson, I'm interested in getting rid of the CEL that my car threw after my SAP went bad and seized up. Are you still making these Simulators? If so, what's the best way we can coordinate. Thanks.

Ilan
    Yes, will reply to your PM now.

My Cars
    02-530 stick Blown
    Yes, will reply to your PM now.
    Hey Peterson. Do you have a website where I can purchase one for my M54 when it goes?
    It hasn't gone yet but I'm sure it will go soon or later.

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Hey Peterson. Do you have a website where I can purchase one for my M54 when it goes?
    It hasn't gone yet but I'm sure it will go soon or later.
    I only have M52/S52 models on the website as others are built to order. You can just PM me when you are ready.

My Cars
    03 540i6 M-Sport
    For anyone else who would like to do a SAP delete for their M62tu and live in Georgia: I purchased the simulator from gpeterson on here and it works great. I did my emissions inspection today and passed no problems.

I was kinda worried about the emissions test, but all systems were showing ready for inspection on my scanner. Everything went well.

Hope this helps others in the state make a decision if they're getting insufficient flow codes for their SAP system, possibly from carbon clogs in the heads or just a malfunctioning SAP. I got the simulator quick and install was very easy.

Note: My car is supercharged and my wideband does read the AFR on cold starts while the SAP would be running as mid to high 11s so the engine does run rather rich until the SAP is supposed to go off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by H3adBussa; 08-23-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Same thing that will make you smile will make you cry. Was that a piston?

My Cars
    1990 325is, 1998 740i
    I have a patch posted for the DME that deletes SAP without an emulator if you have a K+Dcan usb cable and a computer with a little patience it is very easy to do
    I like to pretend I know stuff

My Cars
    03 540i6 M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by zarboz View Post
    I have a patch posted for the DME that deletes SAP without an emulator if you have a K+Dcan usb cable and a computer with a little patience it is very easy to do
    Thanks Zarboz. I can't delete the SAP due to strict emissions testing in my state, GA. Their computers would be looking for the original equipment on the car to be functioning properly. If the sap is deleted, it'll show as unavailable on a car that has it standard. No dice. That's why I put the simulator on it. Works well for my situation. If I didn't have to do emissions testing for my tag yearly, I'd totally just remove it and let the cel stay on or delete it as you say.

I was just sharing for other people's knowledge. I was looking for the answer and never found it for my state.

My Cars
    1990 325is, 1998 740i
    Quote Originally Posted by H3adBussa View Post
    Thanks Zarboz. I can't delete the SAP due to strict emissions testing in my state, GA. Their computers would be looking for the original equipment on the car to be functioning properly. If the sap is deleted, it'll show as unavailable on a car that has it standard. No dice. That's why I put the simulator on it. Works well for my situation. If I didn't have to do emissions testing for my tag yearly, I'd totally just remove it and let the cel stay on or delete it as you say.

I was just sharing for other people's knowledge. I was looking for the answer and never found it for my state.

I haven't had issues in colorado emissions testing with my SAP being deleted (they also perform an OBD scan and a dyno test with widebands) It shows the vehicle as not equipped with that option using the patch that motormouth93 and myself worked on

the patch is not merely to "turn off" the trouble light on the dash but it is a little deeper than that. It changes the coding of the DME to set the car to be as if it was never factory equipped with an SAP option according to the computer

So it shows N/A rather than Unavail
    Last edited by zarboz; 08-23-2019 at 10:42 PM.
    I like to pretend I know stuff

My Cars
    03 540i6 M-Sport
    I haven't had issues in colorado emissions testing with my SAP being deleted (they also perform an OBD scan and a dyno test with widebands) It shows the vehicle as not equipped with that option using the patch that motormouth93 and myself worked on

the patch is not merely to "turn off" the trouble light on the dash but it is a little deeper than that. It changes the coding of the DME to set the car to be as if it was never factory equipped with an SAP option according to the computer

So it shows N/A rather than Unavail
    Fair enough. Really can't argue with that.

They scan our VIN through the barcode out here and which seems to pull up it's options. Cylinders, stick or auto, blah blah etc. So that would still worry me. They do still scan the obd port so maybe it wouldn't make a difference as long as the dme says it's not an option on the car. I dunno.

Be honest, if I hadn't gotten the simulator I'd totally try it out. You do make a backup of the configuration prior, right?

Are you charging for it or just helping out your fellow bimmer fam?

My Cars
    1999 BMW 540i Msport E39
    Not sure which link you mean, but I'm making them for S52/M52/M52tu/S54/M54/S62/M62 now as long as the car doesn't have wideband O2 sensors and/or a SAP air flow sensor.
    Sorry for bringing back a dead thread. Do you still make the sap sim for m62?

My Cars
    BMW E39 528i 1998
    Where can thus patch be found? Been looking for SAP delete forever!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast