Thread: BMW says to expect an M version of the new X4

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

BMW says to expect an M version of the new X4

http://blog.caranddriver.com/hotted-...=1458_41336498

The X4 M Performance model will be fitted with an M Sport aero package, and an upgraded, sportier chassis. It will target not only Audi’s SQ5, but also high-performance coupe variations of the next-generation Mercedes-Benz GLK. Expect the X4 M Performance to arrive on showroom floors late this year as a 2015 model.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    '05 330 ZHP slosh box
    Can't wait!

Not.

I rarely if ever see x6m or x5m. They must make a huuuuuge profit margin on these things cuz the volume is tiny.

2005 E46 330 ZHP Imola Red
    2004 E46 325 M56 Steel Metallic Blue - Sold

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    M use to be synonymous with homulgated for racing. Now it is synonymous with nothing. Way to go bmw.
    97 BMW M3 (s52b32) - VF-Supercharger kit ( Vortech V2-SQ supercharger, 32 pound injectors, VF tuning ), VDO/LeatherZ Gauge Kit (Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, and Boost), UUC Motorwerks RSC36 Exhaust, Stainless Steel 6-2 Exhaust Headers, Bilstein Sports, Rear Adjustable Camber bushings, Wheel Spacers 10mm in front 25mm in back, Uprated Clutch, UUC Shift Knob, Short Shifter and Clutch Stop, Cross Brace, Mason Engineering front strut bar, Contour Wheels, Euro Ellipsoid (Angel Eyes) HID Headlights, braided steel brake lines, aluminum thermostat housing, mishimoto aluminum radiator and silicone hoses and a partridge in a pear tree

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsch View Post
    Can't wait!

Not.

I rarely if ever see x6m or x5m. They must make a huuuuuge profit margin on these things cuz the volume is tiny.
    They are super popular down here... I see X6Ms more than X5Ms though.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    BMW 325i
    I wonder what is the target market for the X4? Those that like big and beefy SUVs will get the X6 or X5M. I guess there are those who prefer a performance-driven compact SUV who likes the extra space, but why not just a M3 instead?

My Cars
    1999 e39 528i and 540i/6
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertFontaine View Post
    M use to be synonymous with homulgated for racing. Now it is synonymous with nothing. Way to go bmw.
    thats actually uncomfortably true.....wow...

My Cars
    '07 E92 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertFontaine View Post
    Seeing how BMW sales are at all time highs, I think they know what they're doing.

Remember BMW is first and foremost a business. If they were to go back to their old ways they wouldn't be around anymore.

flickr
    BMW CCA #444326
    come see bought me

My Cars
    1999 e39 528i and 540i/6
    brought this up with my friend who just bought an e30....they are now a luxury brand; what were they back in e30 days? was that the luxury of the day? or were they performance? or were they just quality? or what? because it does come accross as just a car; the thing is brilliant to drive, but other than simply getting everything right, it seems to just be a car?