My Cars
    2003 BMW X5 3.0i

03 x5 3.0i center air vent

Can someone please tell me how I can remove my center heat/air vent on my x5. My old one is broken and I have a new one coming in. So I need info on how to remove and install it. Also if there is anyone around the Bay Area where they can refer me to a locksmith so I can get a new key cut and program. Please someone anyone or info will help!

My Cars
    15 650ix GC & 14 X5 50i
    There are very few places that can provide a working key that will start your BMW...so be careful in your hunt...and make sure YOU understand what needs to be done as well as the person claiming they can make you a working key.

ALL of our keys (remote & non remote) have a chip that contains the EWS ISN (individual serial nbr) which is required in order for the vehicle to START.

The other features of the REMOTE key are FZV (central locking) & DWA (anti-theft alarm siren system)...any BMW remote key with the same frequency can be programmed by you with the instructions posted here all the time...to lock/unlock & arm/disarm your car...even though the key blade doesn't fit any of your cylinders.

And just because a key blade can be cut to fit your cylinders...doesn't mean it will start your engine...if the tranponder chip inside the key doesn't have the ISN that BMW programmed it with as it came down the assembly line:

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.

2015 650ix GC (Moonstone/Cohiba Brown) <<~>> 2014 X5 50i (Space Gray/Mocha)

My Cars
    525i, X5, M3, Jag, Mase
    There are two clips on the bottom. Stick a flat-head screw driver towards the clips and pull from the bottom and the center vent will release. There are Locksmiths that can cut the key but you won't be able to use it. They have a chip in them that is coded to work with your car. Programming door lock is easy. You can program that yourself. Stick the key in ignition to on position (position 1) and then take the key out and press and hold the unlock button and press the lock button three times within 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by yaosaechao View Post
    Can someone please tell me how I can remove my center heat/air vent on my x5. My old one is broken and I have a new one coming in. So I need info on how to remove and install it. Also if there is anyone around the Bay Area where they can refer me to a locksmith so I can get a new key cut and program. Please someone anyone or info will help!
    All the time and money I spent on my cars; I would do it all over again… /// M POWER

My Cars
    2003 BMW X5 3.0i
    Thanks about the key I got it cut for 45 then I just cut open my old one and threw the old chip in the new key and it works. But need more info for the center air vent like do I have to remove the radio to get it out?

My Cars
    525i, X5, M3, Jag, Mase
    It would be much easier if you remove the radio. CD, MID, and flip door is very easy to remove (X5s without NAVI). Once they are removed, you will have much better access to the bottom of the vent. Shine a flashlight on the bottom of the vent and you will see the two clips. Slide the flat-head screw driver towards the clip and it will release. I recently upgraded my radio with ***** D5124FU unit so I needed to take the center vent off several times. LOL...

If you have standard CD and MID setup (no NAVI): To remove the MID, pull the volume dial off. There is torx screw. Unscrew 90 degrees counterclockwise and pull from left side (it comes out easy). There are two more torx screws under the CD unit. Unscrew the two screws and the CD unit comes out. You need to "completely" unscrew the torx screws or the CD unit won't come out. There are two side clips holding the flip door. Pull the two side clips towards the center and the flip door will release and come out. You will now have a clear access to the bottom of the vent. Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by yaosaechao View Post
    Thanks about the key I got it cut for 45 then I just cut open my old one and threw the old chip in the new key and it works. But need more info for the center air vent like do I have to remove the radio to get it out?
    All the time and money I spent on my cars; I would do it all over again… /// M POWER