Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Siemens MS41.2 EWS, SAP, and rear O2 removal

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3
    EE05063, you use only "both sap tables set to 0" bin?

i am also searching for deleting CEL when OBDII errors for MS41.2:
    11 Tank Pressure Sensor (EVAP System)
    50 EVAP Control Valve

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by olza View Post
    strange, i cant find any revlimit changes in those files. "both sap tables set to 0.bin"?
    Well it pulls right on till well into 7k and then cuts out. It's good enough for me. Stock is what, 6500-6800? I can't see the error allowing even 200rpm overrev, and it definitely didn't cut out until 7k.
    Last edited by EE05063; 03-16-2014 at 06:28 PM.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    If these are the bin files that have been floating around, the redline is set to 7040... strangely identical to the Shark.

/.randy

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by rf900rkw View Post
    If these are the bin files that have been floating around, the redline is set to 7040... strangely identical to the Shark.
    Are you going to keep saying this without showing us? I even Pm'd you for proof and you ignored me.

Perhaps someone figured out how to rip the Shark files. I know my car runs better than ever with this tune.
    Last edited by EE05063; 03-16-2014 at 08:45 PM.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    I see no pm from you, but I do get way too many, so who knows. It may have gotten skipped. Anyway, what bin file do you expect to get from a shark'd car? The shark tune, of course. If you have a shark tune and a stock tune, it's a simple matter of comparing.

/.randy

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by rf900rkw View Post
    I see no pm from you, but I do get way too many, so who knows. It may have gotten skipped. Anyway, what bin file do you expect to get from a shark'd car? The shark tune, of course. If you have a shark tune and a stock tune, it's a simple matter of comparing.
    Oh no big deal. I just wanted to know how you knew it was changed. I don't know the origins of the tunes. I was speculating of course.

All I know is its long overdue to get the ability to flash custom ECU tunes for a car that's 15+ years old into the hands of the everyday Joe without having to pay ridiculous prices. The money has been made many times over on the efforts.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    1987 325is
    I cant verify if the tunes are from a shark tune. The base tune may have been. Big deal. If you understand the fundamentals of this, youre in the right place. If you dont understand what modifications are made to delete the EWS, SAP and rear O2s, then you're not reading. I dont give a crap about redline, fuel maps, whatever. The purpose of this thread is for you all to understand that the EWS modification needs to be made at 0x08 in the partial read, etc. The redline is a different matter entirely, and I THINK that that information is pretty readily available in a .XDF file floating around out there. (Check RomRaider...) If I recall correctly, the ECU has 4 redline locations. I don't remember the premise of all of those redline mods, but I am working on creating a bench setup so that I can return to my original tune, then modify only the SAP, rear O2s, and the EWS. I have a completely stock tune that I can add up on that Romraider post, and I guess I should.

My Cars
    E36 M3 / 2.0T WRX
    I am the one who uploaded the original *.bin. At the time, I didn't know it was 'sharked'. How do we even know it's sharked? Just because the rev limits were changed? lol. I simply bought the car off the previous owner a few years ago and read my ECU. I assumed it was stock since he didn't bother telling me the ECU was modified nor did he give me any hardware. As far as I'm concerned, I bought the DME and its contents when I bought the car. And I am perfectly fine with sharing things that are mine with the world. Still, as Poeman says, this is all off-topic. If you want to discuss this in more detail start another thread and don't shit on this one.

This thread is only about the locations of the items mentioned in the thread title.

But I'd like to add another bit of information about deleting stuff; the Evaporative Emissions System. I'll quote my post from RomRaider.
    http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewt...8749&start=420
    Quote Originally Posted by mrf582
    So it looks like through the power of Open Source collaboration, we have discovered and tested Evap delete. I'll quote notes from the spreadsheet.

I tested bit 3 of x07 set to 0 and unplugged the tank vent valve (charcoal canister purge valve) and no codes! I tested with my original tune and a code was thrown instantly. I only tested with the vent valve since it is easily accessible. The Tank pressure sensor confirmed to ignored also.
    Please don't PM me on this topic. Instead just ask your question in this thread and I will clarify as needed.
    Last edited by mrf; 03-21-2014 at 11:32 AM.

My Cars
    `95 M3 turbo
    Here is the rev limiter from that bin. The bin is almost the same as a Bavarian Auto bin I have from a `99 M3.
    rev limiter.png

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by EVILM3666 View Post
    Here is the rev limiter from that bin. The bin is almost the same as a Bavarian Auto bin I have from a `99 M3.
    rev limiter.png
    Thanks. Are you able to analyze the other aspects of the bin files, like the parameters that would change horsepower and torque output as claimed on the bavarian auto programmer?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by olza View Post
    EE05063, you use only "both sap tables set to 0" bin?

i am also searching for deleting CEL when OBDII errors for MS41.2:
    11 Tank Pressure Sensor (EVAP System)
    50 EVAP Control Valve
    yes that is the only bin file i have flashed to date, when the cats crap out on me , I'll cut them out and flash the one that deletes the rear O2 as well.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    `95 M3 turbo
    That screen shot was from the Bimmereditor software. So you can view all the needed tables. Plus you can turn disable ews, rear o2s, front o2s, air pump. It is easy to work with. Check it out.

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by EVILM3666 View Post
    That screen shot was from the Bimmereditor software. So you can view all the needed tables. Plus you can turn disable ews, rear o2s, front o2s, air pump. It is easy to work with. Check it out.
    yeah for $200 bucks? There's more cost effective alternatives.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by EE05063 View Post
    yeah for $200 bucks? There's more cost effective alternatives.
    EVILM3666 - Isn't is $400 with MS41 support?

My Cars
    EE05063 97 Alpine Sedan
    Actually yes you're right. I'd have to get a LOT of functionality for even $400. Like full mapping and ability to read and flash the ECU.
    Last edited by EE05063; 03-27-2014 at 07:28 PM.
    My M3 is 1 of 2

My Cars
    e34 BMW 535i
    Is there any file floating around for EWS delete/rear O2/SAP on the MS41.1?

I found the files for the M3 (MS41.2) but have been out of luck for my m52? Any pointers would be appreciated.

My Cars
    88 325is, 89 325i, 04 Element
    Where are you guys finding the MS41.2 files? Could someone pm me a link pretty please

My Cars
    E36 M3 / 2.0T WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by houston View Post
    Where are you guys finding the MS41.2 files? Could someone pm me a link pretty please
    It's in this thread... You're gonna have to do some reading....

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by mrf View Post
    It's in this thread... You're gonna have to do some reading....
    Apologies. I see you thread now. Thanks to all you guys for figuring this out and sharing.

My Cars
    Just an update on my experience so far.

*I am using the basic software that comes with the Galleto 1260 cable.
    **Using the BMW / MS41 / 3 Series 2.8i selections

*Machine is WinXP (rest in peace)
    ** had to manually install the drivers included with the Galleto software.
    **It appears to connect ok.

*I was able to pull down my 24kb bin file 1 time...

*added the jumper between 14 and 18 and got the cap back on.

*I am getting a INIT error when trying to write, I adjusted the jumper several times, I dont believe that is the issue.
    **I am also, now, not able pull down the 24kb file again...

thoughts?
    some searching on the web turned up a thread regarding a similar error for an E46, and they speculated that the flash limit of 60 had been exceeded. No resolution was noted that I could tell, so it wasnt clear this was the true issue.

*My battery in my car doesnt have enough juice? I will try again with a charger hooked up when I get a chance

*My Galleto software is flaky? My cable is flaky?

I will report back with what I find, but I am open to any suggestions.

This seems a little amateur for the RomRaider forum so I thought I would post here first.

thanks,
    H.
    Last edited by houston; 04-17-2014 at 12:32 PM.

My Cars
    E36 M3 / 2.0T WRX
    Leave the DLC cap off and do the following as posted in the very first post of the RomRaider thread.
    (Must provide 12v to Pin 18 of 20pin DLC underhood via Pin 14 and also connect Pin 2 to Pin 17 to bridge the OBD port in car to the ECU)

My Cars
    Thanks mrf. I actually saw that last night and meant to ask if that was the purpose! Thanks again!

My Cars
    so After leaving the DLC cap off and jumping 2 to 17 and 14 to 18, I am still having issues. Still cannot read or write.

The error I am getting in the Galleto software is "

WRITING ECU
    Writing Initilizationerrore invio INIT0: -1

Screenshot: (bare with the size.. this is a stripped XP machine)

write_error.JPG
    Last edited by houston; 04-20-2014 at 09:38 AM.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    fyi... openms41.org a work in progress.
    97 BMW M3 (s52b32) - VF-Supercharger kit ( Vortech V2-SQ supercharger, 32 pound injectors, VF tuning ), VDO/LeatherZ Gauge Kit (Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, and Boost), UUC Motorwerks RSC36 Exhaust, Stainless Steel 6-2 Exhaust Headers, Bilstein Sports, Rear Adjustable Camber bushings, Wheel Spacers 10mm in front 25mm in back, Uprated Clutch, UUC Shift Knob, Short Shifter and Clutch Stop, Cross Brace, Mason Engineering front strut bar, Contour Wheels, Euro Ellipsoid (Angel Eyes) HID Headlights, braided steel brake lines, aluminum thermostat housing, mishimoto aluminum radiator and silicone hoses and a partridge in a pear tree

My Cars
    Took my galleto cable apart... Does not show any obvious signs of being faulty.
    Went ahead and bought Chipster's flash tool.

Still wondering however, has anyone bumped up against the flash limit on the MS41?

My Cars
    E36 M3 / 2.0T WRX
    Chipster's tool does not use up the flash limit.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast