Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: M5 Shift Surround Ideas (Auto guys looks too)

My Cars
    '90 535i, '91 M5
    Unfortunately it's not NIB, just one of many interior trim parts boxes from my donor M5. But yes, besides not being real leather, the rubber-backed vinyl is starting to separate from the base. It's doing the same thing that door cards do: the covering material shrinks as it ages and the glue dries, causing the covering to separate and begin to lift on the concave surfaces. Once you can provide example images and a price, if it's right, a pre-production deposit is no problem.

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    Quote Originally Posted by dschneider View Post
    Unfortunately it's not NIB, just one of many interior trim parts boxes from my donor M5. But yes, besides not being real leather, the rubber-backed vinyl is starting to separate from the base. It's doing the same thing that door cards do: the covering material shrinks as it ages and the glue dries, causing the covering to separate and begin to lift on the concave surfaces. Once you can provide example images and a price, if it's right, a pre-production deposit is no problem.
    And we've seen the same degradation in NOS surrounds! Guess they were just sitting on a shelf all these years...

We will definitely (always) have a lot of information available before asking for deposits, for sure. Tops of that list being a final price
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

Quote Originally Posted by danespann View Post
    Every E34 needs the same things in the end.

My Cars
    92 & 93 525i, 01 530i
    I love how this went from 3d printed ABS to prepreg carbon fiber lol. Replaceable clips is a nice touch & likely took you a decent bit of time to design.

Also,

Bump
    No animations? 2001 called, they want their forum rules back.

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    Quote Originally Posted by viperbite View Post
    I love how this went from 3d printed ABS to prepreg carbon fiber lol. Replaceable clips is a nice touch & likely took you a decent bit of time to design.

Also,

Bump
    We almost considered avoiding carbon due to the stigma

But really, 3D printing won't work well enough and the other options like injection moulding, will cost us $10k+ and we'd have to sell hundreds.

We're still aiming to have a prototype to show at the late August Drive 4 Corners meet, which we are sponsoring, and we will of course release details here, on the site www.angryasssolutions.com, and on Instagram @angry_ass_solutions .

As far as time; it's easy to see the first posts in this thread and say "OMGWTFBBQ, it's 2018", but I can assure you besides playing with the file and investigating production methods, this has not seriously been in the works until late 2017.

It's going to be f'ing GLORIOUS, though, wrapped in OEM Buffalo leather.
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

My Cars
    92 & 93 525i, 01 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedsBlue View Post
    We almost considered avoiding carbon due to the stigma

But really, 3D printing won't work well enough and the other options like injection moulding, will cost us $10k+ and we'd have to sell hundreds.

We're still aiming to have a prototype to show at the late August Drive 4 Corners meet, which we are sponsoring, and we will of course release details here, on the site www.angryasssolutions.com, and on Instagram @angry_ass_solutions .

As far as time; it's easy to see the first posts in this thread and say "OMGWTFBBQ, it's 2018", but I can assure you besides playing with the file and investigating production methods, this has not seriously been in the works until late 2017.

It's going to be f'ing GLORIOUS, though, wrapped in OEM Buffalo leather.
    I checked out yalls store and projects. Very impressed. I think I actually purchased the aluminum throttle cable bushings couple years back and love them. They're on my pile of shit e34 drift car.

I'm a fellow... uh... "designer" and 3d print shit. I'm impressed by the designs presumably Greg has made. Honestly yalls site and designs are inspiring me to complete some projects of my own.

keep up the good work
    No animations? 2001 called, they want their forum rules back.

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    Quote Originally Posted by viperbite View Post
    I checked out yalls store and projects. Very impressed. I think I actually purchased the aluminum throttle cable bushings couple years back and love them. They're on my pile of shit e34 drift car.

I'm a fellow... uh... "designer" and 3d print shit. I'm impressed by the designs presumably Greg has made. Honestly yalls site and designs are inspiring me to complete some projects of my own.

keep up the good work
    We are honored, sir - I'll make sure Greg sees this.

We will never carry another person's or company's product unless we cannot out-design it, which is totally the case with those throttle bushings - and Shogun's door handle gaskets. We also like to collaborate on things, and though we are busy filling out our initial product line-up, we want to help make peoples' builds special with full-custom parts as needed!

All designs and engineering are courtesy of Greg, no doubt
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

My Cars
    535 e34
    Any update here? I would like to get one as well, but it looks like thread died...

My Cars
    Sundry old Grrrrmans
    The thread did die, but this product is ready for production. Due to the carbon we're using, the production is now tied up with production timelines for our S38 carbon fiber plenum, so we are likely looking at later this year for the shift surrounds.
    - Brent
    www.angry-ass.com

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112