BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: 1-Owner 1990 Bronzit 325i Coupe - 5spd - 148k Miles - San Francisco Area

My Cars
    A Honda

Nearly 1-Owner 1990 Bronzit 325i Coupe - 5spd - 148k Miles - San Francisco Area

Selling my E30. It was a single owner 1990 Bronzit 325i Coupe 5MT from 1990 until 10/2013 when I purchased it.

Condition:

It's an original California car, purchased in San Francisco, and it has never left the area. The owner never intended to sell it, and it has been stored and maintained as such. It has been garaged since 1990 except for 3 years. You can easily tell from the chrome, gaskets, and plastics that it is a garaged car (as if the interior didn't give it away). The dash has absolutely no cracks. All VIN stickers are present. It has a current smog certificate as of 10/2013. All three keys (primary, secondary, valet) are included. The original owner kept a thick binder of all of its maintenance, but lost it when he last moved. The original books and original sticker are included. A BMW Master tech has gone over the car and we have concluded it has clearly been well maintained as per the original owner's word.

It was optioned with 3 options: Electric Sunroof and Limited Slip Differential and Metallic Paint. The VIN is WBAAA1317LAE58502 and a link to the Carfax is below.

Maintenance & Inspection:

In the last couple months it has received:
    Timing Belt (had not been done since 2003)
    Water Pump
    Thermostat & Thermostat Housing
    Drive Belt, Alternator Belt, A/C Belt
    Coolant Flush
    Distributor Cap
    Oil Change

Most was done by Kevin at Metric Motors. While this work was done, we inspected underneath it. The guibo has been replaced relatively recently, which is awesome. It has some typical wear you would expect of a car at it's age, but far less than average. The A/C doesn't work. It starts quickly every time. It drives very smoothly and the engine has plenty of power with no hesitation. Every time I drive it, I am impressed with how well it runs. I receive a compliment on it every day or two on how clean it is or what good condition it is in.

Modifications:

In the late '90s, it received the following:
    Conforti Performance Chip ($250 new, $150 used on eBay)
    Racing Dynamics Strut Bar ($270 new, $200 used on eBay)
    Supersprint Exhaust ($700+ new, $400 used on eBay)
    UUC Short Shifter ($350 new, $200 used on eBay)
    Suspension Techniques Sway Bars
    Bilstein Shocks & H&R springs
    Old Alpine headunit and upgraded speakers + sub, not iPod compatible.
    Momo Shift Knob

Nitpicky Stuff:

There is light oxidation on the rear passenger quarter. The trunk lid, rear bumper, and rear driver's quarter were repainted 20 years ago due to someone scratching the rear corner in a parking lot. The brake lining light is on, but the pads and rotors are fine. Original owner replaced the pads, but did not buy pads with the sensor, therefore the light is on. It will go away when pads with a sensor are put on. It is a very rare example of a very, very clean E30 with a factory LSD.

Price and Other Information:

I'm asking $6,750 OBO. I think this is a fair priced based on the condition, options (5spd w/ LSD), and considering it has about $1000 (used value) of tasteful extras that can easily be sold if the buyer does not want them. The owner never intended to sell it, and it shows as such. It is exceptional compared to other E30s available on the market, and shows less wear than cars with half the miles. Title is clean and on hand. Carfax and Autocheck are available. I am happy to discuss the car in greater detail with any seriously interested parties.

More:

Please don't disrespect the time I've put into my ad by posting here. Doing so makes you a small person and lowers the quality of the forums you frequent. Violators will be reported. Please remember this rule of this forum:

-Thread crapping is not allowed. If you're not interested in purchasing the item for sale or have nothing positive to add, please stay out of the thread or else be prepared for a time out. If you complain about the time out, it will be extended.

Thanks!

here's a link to the current Carfax (ran today):

http://www.zakiu.com/e30/E30Carfax.pdf

Here are some pictures:

Last edited by vtecpower; 12-27-2013 at 06:39 PM.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 318ti,2004 525
    Love it! I almost bought this exact car brand new many years ago....

I assume this is the same car: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/4238150742.html

My Cars
    A Honda
    Thanks, yes it is the same car. That ad had the old photos.

My Cars
    '87 325is, '87 325ic
    Wow this car is amazing. Bronzit is the best color on e30s IMO would by it if I had the $$$ you're in my area too! GLWS

My Cars
    A Honda
    Thanks guys. If someone gets me one of the design strategy jobs I want, you can have the car for free!

My Cars
    A Honda
    Bump because people keep complimenting me on the streets about its condition.

My Cars
    A Honda
    Price lowered to $6750. Happy Holidays.

My Cars
    A Honda
    Pending Sale.

My Cars
    A Honda
    Car is sold and going to Chicago this week. Thanks everyone!