Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: Alarm/key fob reset for OBD1 E36

My Cars
    E21, E30, E91

Alarm/key fob reset for OBD1 E36

Hey guys,

So, I had to change the batteries in my three, grey-button key fob for my 1995 M3. Of course, now the LED lights up again but it does not communicate with the car.

I have found plenty of info on resetting, but a few posts seem to indicate the steps involved in resetting an OBD1 car are different than the 1996-1999 vehicles. My car has the factory alarm/siren. It may be worth mentioning that the PO bypassed the EWS II security system because the EWS II failed while in his ownership.

I have had no other issues other than the battery died in both remotes and now with fresh batteries installed, they do not chirp the alarm or lock the doors. I tried the trunk open/door open + closed/turn key 5 times, but it did not work. Upon reading further it seems that there is a different process for the OBD1 car but I haven't found it yet.

I know this may invite several, "Use the search, dude" responses, but I did not find anything specific to an OBD1 car. Sorry.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff
    Last edited by K20RI211; 12-13-2013 at 08:54 AM.

My Cars
    E21, E30, E91
    Anyone? Bueller?

My Cars
    E21, E30, E91
    No one?!! Heard it's a nightmare to do...

My Cars
    E21, E30, E91
    Quote Originally Posted by K20RI211 View Post
    No one?!! Heard it's a nightmare to do...
    Still nothing? Still need advice..

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Location of alarm module on 95?
    Before I start tearing things apart unnecessarily, it would be helpful to know where to start.
    I read somewhere a few years ago that it was on the driver's side for the early models.
    Walk a mile in my shoes and you are a mile away in someone else's shoes.
    Goodridge*UUC sways* Black TME's and mounts( switched from Red)* x-brace*brembo rotors*Zimmerman rear*Pagid*Riken Raptors* Roja Formula 7's (Bronze)* Stromung*Powdercoated AA DSB* OMP strut bar*GC RSM's* M3 alum/leather knob*JTD underpanel *Traffic PRO (sold) *Black hella Ellipsoids w/celis rings * ACS Pedals*ACS handbrake*RE Octane SSK*Wheelskins Eurotones S/ Wheel Cover( tossed-replaced with new one)* Totally Covers Front seat velour covers with custom styling *Rieger roof spoiler-lost it on fwy Stock A/B*URI CP (ditched years ago)*540 HFM (sold) Stock HFM (BeckArnley)*FMS 24 lb inj*Alum rad and some other stuff*Konis w/adj rr's*Vogtland springs ** Passport 8500(sold)*Passpprt 7500 (sold V1-1.8 with POP) No detectors at all.
    Coming...nada

BMWCCA-303681

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Still haven't found it and I've gone to both sides of dash.
    I really don't know how to ID it.
    From,what I've read, it should have a bright green 12-pin connector at the rear.
    Walk a mile in my shoes and you are a mile away in someone else's shoes.
    Goodridge*UUC sways* Black TME's and mounts( switched from Red)* x-brace*brembo rotors*Zimmerman rear*Pagid*Riken Raptors* Roja Formula 7's (Bronze)* Stromung*Powdercoated AA DSB* OMP strut bar*GC RSM's* M3 alum/leather knob*JTD underpanel *Traffic PRO (sold) *Black hella Ellipsoids w/celis rings * ACS Pedals*ACS handbrake*RE Octane SSK*Wheelskins Eurotones S/ Wheel Cover( tossed-replaced with new one)* Totally Covers Front seat velour covers with custom styling *Rieger roof spoiler-lost it on fwy Stock A/B*URI CP (ditched years ago)*540 HFM (sold) Stock HFM (BeckArnley)*FMS 24 lb inj*Alum rad and some other stuff*Konis w/adj rr's*Vogtland springs ** Passport 8500(sold)*Passpprt 7500 (sold V1-1.8 with POP) No detectors at all.
    Coming...nada

BMWCCA-303681