Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Budget Drift car v2. 1995 E36 M3

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Been a while...

Comp day: qualified 4th, went omt in top 8 then placed 3rd, Blew my head gasket in the process.

borrowed a friends trailer and towed it to my dads house for tear down

Ended up taking 0.013 off the head, drove it around with no issues whatsoever, and it was time for drift Union matsuri, 2 days of tandem and party.

headgasket definatly fixed my water temp issues. Car never hit anything above 205 unless we were hot lapping, where it went to 220. Oil temp was warm all weekend, so I'm making an oil cooler and I'll post pics once I get it back from the welding shop.

My Cars
    1988 BMW 325iX coupe
    Pretty sick man. I wish mine was this clean lol. Have you ran a hydro in it yet?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    You were literally asking me about my hydro on the last page so.... Yes?

My Cars
    1988 BMW 325iX coupe
    Oh I forgot about that ha ha. My bad. Are running a 0.625 mc? I've read that the 0.7 ones that I have are too big and that's why it's not locking up.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe

honda civic clutch master. 5/8" bore. Move your pivot point if it's not locking, or you have your lines hooked up wrong. This exact setup can lock 245's up in a straight line with no effort

My Cars
    1988 BMW 325iX coupe
    Ah okay.. Well I found a write up and the guy said to run one brake line the (H) port on the mc to the rear port on the hydro and to run another one from the front port of the hydro to the abs.

My Cars
    98 323
    ay guy, dope build. you certainly seem quicker at making shit from scratch than i am

can i get your front wheel specs please? i'm having an insane amount of trouble with wheel clearance on my build after lengthening my control arms, though i might be rocking too much front wheel/tire (235/40/17 9.5 et -13)

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    I've been doing machinist things since I was like 12 years old so it all just comes with practice haha. Front wheels are 17x7+20 with 215/40/17 tires on it. They touch the lca slightly at lock but not enough to grab/notice. Will be changing front wheels to a pair of advans next year that are 17x8+13, so everything should be pretty much the same. Lca is stock e46 arm with a spherical bushing pressed in the end for my angle kit

My Cars
    98 323
    weird, for some reason they looked wider than that to me

after lengthening my control arms i don't have issues rubbing the frame rails any more, but holy crap do i rub the front of the wheel well. thinking i'm gonna have to completely remove it. ever seen anyone do this in person? the only thing i can find online is chelsea's car

DSC04676.jpg

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Running a -13 wheel will give you a much larger scrub radius, that would be my guess as to why it hits there

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Car got some paint to be matchy Matchy with my team

then we partied for the last dday of the year. It was a comp day, I qualified second and my teammate with the r32 got 8th, but we didn't really give a shit about that, we just wanted to tandem.

)

My Cars
    98 323
    the two tone paintjob actually looks pretty good. never seen one like that on an e36

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe

yeah, the two tone was just kinda for fun at first but I really like it now

My Cars
    1995 bmw 325is S50B30
    More details on your hood vent please
    1995 325is 5 speed S50B30
    I like the colour, No Bias
    Because Racecar
    -Did you hear that?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by DenKare View Post
    More details on your hood vent please
    Super simple to make, just cut 3 lines with an angle grinder and bend it down. Mine opens right behind the rad to draw out hot air, and I just had to notch part of the bent part to clear the rad cap

My Cars
    E34, E36, E36/7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikestokman View Post
    Super simple to make, just cut 3 lines with an angle grinder and bend it down. Mine opens right behind the rad to draw out hot air, and I just had to notch part of the bent part to clear the rad cap
    nice!
    13 Grand Cherokee Limited V8 - Daily Driver - Wife
    97 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    95 325i Sedan - Project #ebayE36
    90 BMW 535i/5 - i should probably work on this again...

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe

couple clips from me and my teammate made it into the "year end edit"

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Heyyy we have the same car! Thanks for the detailed build thread, I'm taking notes!!

My Cars
    none
    That was a great video, Love how your cars been coming together man, Have you had an axle issues?

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Thanks! No issues with axles so far, or the diff for that matter. Stock m3 axles and stock 3.15 lsd, still locks good. Only rear end related things I've broken were 3 axle bolts stripped last winter and got replaced with Allen head bolts, and before the last event I snapped the front diff bolt so now I run a 1/2" bolt all the way through the bushing and housing and a nut on the other side.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Over the last few events I ran into some oil temp issues, so rather then buy the Achilles motor sports cooler block, I'm gonna try my own version.

[/COLOR]

My Cars
    82 320i
    pretty sweet build, I like how you built everything yourself ! ... do you still have the trans am wheels you were rocking on the 318 ? if so, why aren't you using them, or sell them to me ! haha ... I liked how the red and black two tone looked , teal is nice too I guess ...

one other thing I noticed (maybe it was just a bad picture angle) but it seems like the roll cage is pretty far from the roof, and it looked like the headliner was still installed ?
    I am wondering why you didn't strip the interior and try to make the cage fit tighter against the chassis and tie it in ?

also wondering why not strip the interior to save some weight ? I junked an e36 and the carpet is so thick and heavy, with so much sound deadening, you can shave LOTS of weight and would probably make the car feel much better ...

keep the updates coming, maybe one day I'll have my car ready and bring it out to BC !

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Haha thanks. Trans am wheels wouldn't clear the m3 brakes so I sold them. I liked the red too but it was time for a change and I like the blue aswell (not teal )

headliner is is still in the car because I still street it and aesthetically it is more appealing. Cage fits super tight to b pillars and roof so I'm guessing you saw a bad angle.

Same story with the carpet. 50% of people I talk to that strip their cars regret it, plus that little bit of weight savings isn't worth it to me. Sure it's heavy but the comfort aspect is worth it. If I don't notice a difference in drifting by myself vs with a passenger under 250lbs, then I'm not going to notice a difference on the weight saved by taking the carpet out.

My Cars
    82 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikestokman View Post
    Haha thanks. Trans am wheels wouldn't clear the m3 brakes so I sold them. I liked the red too but it was time for a change and I like the blue aswell (not teal )

headliner is is still in the car because I still street it and aesthetically it is more appealing. Cage fits super tight to b pillars and roof so I'm guessing you saw a bad angle.

Same story with the carpet. 50% of people I talk to that strip their cars regret it, plus that little bit of weight savings isn't worth it to me. Sure it's heavy but the comfort aspect is worth it. If I don't notice a difference in drifting by myself vs with a passenger under 250lbs, then I'm not going to notice a difference on the weight saved by taking the carpet out.
    that is a very valid point ... I will keep that in mind when time comes with mine, if the carpet still fits I'll put it in.

what lug nuts were you using to bolt up the trans am wheels ? I have some 15x8 1980 - 1981 trans am turbo wheels for my beater but the lug hole is not tapered or ball type, it's just a big square ... or had you machined something yourself to make em fit ?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    The rikens were factory tapered so I just ran stock lug nuts and then my blackworx racing ones when I converted to wheel studs

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast