Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Budget Drift car v2. 1995 E36 M3

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Cutch is ordered, took an entire bottle of superclean and 3 cans of brakeclean with a wire brush to everything on the motor. Pulled off the pan and valve cover, cleaned and resealed. Also pulled out all the exhaust studs, wire wheeled them, then put em back in the head. Just need to make a list of things to order and it's ready to go back together!

next thing I want to do is figure out where to run my oil temp and pressure senders. I'm thinking tapped vanos banjo bolt with a braided line to a remote bracket for the pressure sender, and tap either the block or the oil filter housing somewhere where the temp sender will be in constant flow for a more accurate reading.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Bolted up the "dssr" and linkage up to my trans, and it feels so good! 100% less sloppy then oem. Goes into all the gears very nice. cant wait to really road test it!

then ordered a bunch of gaskets and shit so now i can start reassembling it. Im happy with how its looking and working on clean things is so much nicer. well worth the hours and hours ive spent with a wire brush. up to 2 bottles of superclean and 6-7 cans of brake cleen...

So in my last post i mentioned oil pressure and temp gauges, well, here we go. i didnt want to spend a ton of money on and oil cap or a bunch of time making a adapter plate to relocate the factory idiot pressure light, so after some not so careful consideration and seeing a couple products come up in other threads, we decided to tap the housing for a temp gauge and then weld a -3 an line on it so i can remote mount the sender like i wanted. i think it should work well!

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe

clutch showed up today! I'm excited to get rid of the stock dual mass

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    I decided to reupholster my old drivers seat to use for the passenger, turned out quite well and now the interior is done!

My Cars
    '96 328i vert
    Love the door card man. I need to get me some of those!

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    They're pretty ghetto but i needed something that wouldn't hit my seat. It's just a sheet of 0.06 aluminum riveted on the door with a handle and speaker box, because I still daily it haha.

My Cars
    turbo e36
    DUDE....How is the lock kit? hard to tell from the pics but looks like a massive reduction in Ackerman, like almost 0, looks like a little less than the SLR kit...hows it feel? self steer and all that jazz?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Angles kit feels/works great for just drilling a pretty much random hole in a piece of metal. Still self steers and everything like a normal car would, except now I can huck the car into a corner hard and not run out of angle. I drove with a friend who has a part shop Max kit in his s13 and he said it easily has as much angle as his car. Slr kit definatly has more adjustment and is way more fine tuned then the one I made, but for costing me 68$, this works pretty damn well.

My Cars
    none
    Is that the ceramic clutch? let me know how you like it. How long did it take to ship? i need to order mine soon.

IG: dimitriantoniou

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    It's the "stage 4" off gripforce.com if I could order again I would get the stage 3 just to have a sprung clutch, but this will work. Took exactly a week to ship into Canada

My Cars
    AA turbo 332i
    Nice clutch especially for the money! I have the stage 3 on my daily driven turbo e36. It's tough enough I really couldn't imagine the stage 4 being much more difficult. Just made a clutch stop and all is good with the uuc suggested atf fluid mix

1995 325i | OBD1 S52 | S50 cams | AA Turbo TD06 20g / 42lb / Porsche maf | .140 MLS | F1 s3 clutch | Ultimate SSK | AKG 75D subframe/diff bushings | 3.23 LSD | Powerflex LCAB/RTAB | e46 fca | Raceland coils | BMP rear arms | DEPO HID | AEM Failsafe | Aeromotive FPR | Walbo 255 | 3" Magnaflow muffler/cat/res | 17x8.5/9.5" 225/45 & 255/40

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Yeah ideally I wanted the sprung disk but I didn't read good enough when I ordered. Oh well. In the end I am building a racecar, not a comfortable daily driver, so I feel like as long as it benefits me on track, I will be able to live with the consequences of daily driving it. If it's really tough to drive it will just be motivation to get my Subaru build done quicker aswell haha.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Knock sensors from Ecstuning came yesterday so I could reassemble the last bit of the motor.

just ordered 3 sets of tires and a small group of us rented out the track for a day in April so should be a good shakedown day to get used to how it drives with solid mounted everything.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    Awesome thread man, I actually just installed that exact clutch/flywheel on my car lol. Was surprised that it doesn't sound really bad at idle like rumors say about most single mass flywheels out there. Barely 40 miles into the break in process. Not as harsh as I thought it was going to be. Almost disappointing to be honest. But I hope it will grab and last a while!

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Thanks! I'm really hoping to have the motor back in this weekend and driving by sometime next week. I'm going through withdrawls of tire smoke...

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Well, I'm ahead of schedule for this week.

clutch on;

tranmission fluid changed to the uuc mix and installed;

and just like that, motor is back in the car!

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    And now it runs too! Bolted up the driveshaft, exhaust, steering rack, added oils, and learned a valuable lesson about bleeding clutches by exploding my slave cylinder inside the bell housing. Oops. All good now, engages and disengages perfectly and is almost ready to go back on the ground. Getting excited

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Runs and drives and does everything without any hesitation or hiccups now! No leaks from what I've seen either which is nice. Now off to the alignment rack..

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe

all bolted up now! So excited to allign and drive it. track is rented out for April 11 and there's another drift day on the 26th, should be fully ready by then

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Well the car works, and it works really really well.... lightweight flywheel/clutch and the solid bushings make the car feel waaaay better.

And a good friend of mine wanted to do some stance photos of my car. he waited until after out private day where logan noel (purple legacy) had basically been rubbing my entire car with his bumper and front wheels for 8 hours straight. repainted a bit of the bottom half of the car and it was good to go!

next drift day is may 23. i have a really good feeling that qualifying will go well for me this time.

My Cars
    1988 BMW 325iX coupe
    Hell yeah man. I love this thread.. Quick question about the runnin the hydro lines.. Did you have the flare the ends before putting the fittings on and tee-ing them?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    Yeah I just bought a cheap flaring kit and practiced until I could be sure they wouldn't leak. You can buy pre flared lines from auto parts stores, but either way you'll have to flare the oem lines in the car to attach them to the hydro

My Cars
    1988 BMW 325iX coupe
    Yeah that's what I did for the most part. I just can't find a bubble flare tool anywhere around town so I just might have to order one.

My Cars
    '83 320i & '86 535i
    Quote Originally Posted by zparkere30 View Post
    Yeah that's what I did for the most part. I just can't find a bubble flare tool anywhere around town so I just might have to order one.
    For bubble flares I just use a double flare tool and don't do the last step.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 coupe
    I single flared all my shit and it hasn't leaked in 3 years. Plus this hydro setup was in my last car too and it didn't leak in there either.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast