Thread: Hatch wiring fix?

My Cars
    Several
    Hey guys, where is the most common failure point for the rear hatch wiring? I'm trying to find breaks in the wiring, but so far no obvious signs of failure.

My rear wiper only works sometimes, squirter works all the time, plus the passenger side lock only works if you put a key in it.

I suspect this could help the situation, but before I rip it all apart it made sense to ask around.
    http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17986
    Last edited by adonnan; 01-18-2012 at 01:47 PM.
    "If the Corvette is a rebellious child of the extended automotive family, the M coupe is the blackest of sheep." - via Car & Driver

My Cars
    MZ3 coupe
    You must first verify that the problem(s) you are having, are wiring-related. Take voltage measurements to be sure you do or do not have power at the wiper motor and lock. Your Bentley manual will help with the connector pin-outs.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe, ZHP, E46 M3
    I have pretty much the exact same problems.

My wiper motor doesn't work, nor does my hatch lock actuator. I don't have the voltage pulse to it, but it will send one. Kinda goofy. I just haven't gotten around to digging into it.

My Cars
    00 M Coupe
    picture is not my car...my rear plate lights stop working for the longest time until I found out my wires look pretty similar to this...I soldered and heat shrink all the wires then everything are back to normal...

My Cars
    Several
    Well it was only a matter of time that this would start to become a bigger issue. No license plate lights and the fuse popped. No interior gauge lights now, but that fuse is still in tact. Time to dig up my soldering iron and heat shrink tubing. I wonder if this is related to a cylinder two misfire, only when it's really cold out?
    "If the Corvette is a rebellious child of the extended automotive family, the M coupe is the blackest of sheep." - via Car & Driver