Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E46 m50 drift swap thread

My Cars
    E46sedan m50,12 ecoboost
    The blue wire just needs to see 12 v to turn on the alternator, just make sure it's not the same 12v you use to power the dme. I had an issue when I did that the car wouldn't shut off due to the alternator feeding the system after the key was turned off. I use my fuel pump signal to turn on the alternator. I used all stock m50 components on the engine as well as the stock m50 harness.

My Cars
    tite
    good to know. I wonder if it needs to be hooked up at all if you use the e46 alternator and harness?

My Cars
    E46sedan m50,12 ecoboost
    Quote Originally Posted by 7808 View Post
    good to know. I wonder if it needs to be hooked up at all if you use the e46 alternator and harness?
    It would depend on who's controlling it. You're going to have to pick and choose who's doing what if you're using two harnesses. For me 36 controls all engine functions, 46 takes care of the body.

My Cars
    tite
    ya that's kind of what ive been sorting through the last few nights after my kids is a sleep and I have time. keeping gauges and body functions for the e46 harness and only the nessisary engine sensors for the e36 harness. basicly the only e46 engine harness used so far is coolant temp, oil pressure, and I think starter solenoid for anti theft

My Cars
    1993 325i, E46 2000
    Hi

I hope you can help me. I want to do the same. I have everything.. But I have no idea how to do the wiring of the m50 ecu...
    which wires i need to connect?
    Maybe I'm asking a lot but I'll be very grateful.

Thank you.

My Cars
    E46sedan m50,12 ecoboost
    motox31588@netscape.net

You must have at least some electrical background as well as the skills needed to swap the engine, make an exhaust that will work ect. This isn't a beginner project. But if you think you can tackle it I've posted my email above feel free to shoot me a message and I'll give you the details to get the car to Start and run.
    Last edited by Euroslide; 07-04-2014 at 02:14 PM.

My Cars
    E46sedan m50,12 ecoboost
    Need some input. Got my car on the alignment rack this morning at work. Caster is dead on got the camber in front at -3.7/-3.9 and toe zeroed out. That's all good. But in the rear I have the toe all the way in and can only manage -1/16" out of them. Which isn't even in spec for a stock ride. I'm assuming this is due to the lower ride height but I'm not even that low. I actually have a rake on the car to the front as it is. So what's the word on the street to get some more adjustability out of the rear?

My Cars
    1998 328is
    You can modify the rtab brackets to get more toe out. I think it was whoshaunq who made a few sets

My Cars
    E46sedan m50,12 ecoboost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonrc2 View Post
    You can modify the rtab brackets to get more toe out. I think it was whoshaunq who made a few sets
    Thanks a lot, my buddy knows him I'll ask about it.

My Cars
    E46sedan m50,12 ecoboost
    So got a sweet dinan chip for 55$ and after having issues with water in my coil holes due to down pouring my fan self destructed and took out just about the entire front end. I swear this car is going to make me physically abuse it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    E46sedan m50,12 ecoboost
    Okay so haven't updated in a while, few more drift days past, darlington drift basic and a streetwise event with huge amounts if seat time. Idk how to upload videos from my gf's phone I'll make sure she has a camera next time. But I finally got her right. I do need to invest in some bav auto coils I seem to be replacing a coil once an event time for new ones.

Spal fan installed and I managed to save my radiator somehow. Also ebizzle gave me a sweet ass coupon so I managed to get this bumper shipped for 110$ to replace my half a bumper. My first time painting came out pretty legit. Also scored a non front end damaged hood for 40$ from the pick and pull!!

Tried different sizes of tires at the streetwise event I'm going to a 225/50 on a lower pressure possibly adding a wing. 225/45's on 32 psi hot was too greasy when hot on federals. Also managed to break the exhaust hangars as well as snapping my axle again on the passenger side so working on a solution to that now. But damn this car is fun when everything works right. Decent pep for a tired nvm50.

Next up swapping in the zf I picked up before I blow this getrag to pieces, with some solid mounts and the rear end solution to my axle dilemma. Possibly a wing, if I get real ambitious.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    E46 330 coupe m50b30
    This is years late, but What did you do for the trans cross member to fit? I am also swapping a turbo m50b30 into my e46 coupe, I dropped front subframe and used e36 engine brackets and It’s in the car but the trans brace is now about a half inch too far back from where it’s supposed to bolt to the body. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    Quote Originally Posted by Viicarious View Post
    This is years late, but What did you do for the trans cross member to fit? I am also swapping a turbo m50b30 into my e46 coupe, I dropped front subframe and used e36 engine brackets and It’s in the car but the trans brace is now about a half inch too far back from where it’s supposed to bolt to the body. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    you need to use e46 engine mount arms and 5 speed e46 trans brace

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123