Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: Review: Alzor 030 Wheels 18x8 ET35

My Cars
    94 325i 5 speed

Review: Alzor 030 Wheels 18x8 ET35

Hey guys, I'm new here, just picked up my 94 325i 2 months ago. I didn't find too much info about these wheels anywhere online, and of the things I did find a couple were horror stories, which I'm always skeptical of because every situation is different and has many variables that could influence it.

Anyway, these are the ones I bought: http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E36-325...oys/ES2695478/

As you can see, these are very bargain priced. I inquired with Aaron at ECS a few times and he said they are among the most popular products on the entire site, and the fact they are gravity cast, which at this price was a given. As most people already knew they are TUV and JWL approved, this seems to be one of their selling points at ECS.

I received them (Ohio-->Charleston) in 2 days, boxes very nicely packed and nothing was damaged. Finish was nice and smooth.

The big worry was when we got them on the balancer, I didn't know if the horror stories were true and about to show up or not. But I was surprised to find out that all four wheels took the same exact balance weight in the same spots. I haven't done much balancing in my life but this seems pretty consistent to me! Maybe a mark of good quality control? Who knows..

I'll touch on the tires I got too, GT Radial Champiro UHP1 225/40/ZR18 XL sidewall 280 AA A. $76 each free shipping at Tire Rack, apparently very popular in Aussie land with the Holden crowd. Just search and see. They seem to grip really well, it'll do way more than before but I want my cousin to drive it sometime and touch on how good these are, he's a much more experienced driver than I am.

All in all, I feel that it was $740 well spent. The car looks amazing...ly stupid right now because it sits so high but that'll be fixed around 2 weeks from now. After that and an M3 front bumper it should look decent. I did this mod first because the old 15's were worn out and very dangerous with me needing to travel quite a bit to visit the parents during the holidays.

I hope someone can find this helpful, and please don't flame me for being cheap, my whole car costed less than a set of BBS wheels. And also please don't comment on the red calipers!!! I'll paint them black when I re-do the suspension because I'm not happy with how it turned out anyway.

Lastly, I bought 4 factory 65mm center caps from the dealer...they look so much better that way.

PICS:

- - - Updated - - -

Also I forgot to mention the most important part to some of you guys...these wheels weight in at 23.5 lbs on a certified scale, the tires were 23 even. I've read for a 18x8 wheel that's pretty heavy, but just spreading the word.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I forgot to mention the most important part to some of you guys...these wheels weight in at 23.5 lbs on a certified scale, the tires were 23 even. I've read for a 18x8 wheel that's pretty heavy, but just spreading the word.

My Cars
    C5 a6, 01225 TT, 03 330I
    Nice, I was actually interested in 2 sets of these for my vehicles.

It's either these or a set of style 42's. I can get the 42's for 400$ so I will probably go that route.

Looks great on the car! Now order some ebay ///M stickers and you are good. (I really do not consider this "posing")

My Cars
    94 325i 5 speed
    Quote Originally Posted by vstone2262 View Post
    Looks great on the car! Now order some ebay ///M stickers and you are good. (I really do not consider this "posing")
    I can't bring myself to it yet. I may get the little ///M rectangles that go near the wheel center, but I won't do any badging until I get the turbo next spring and can easily beat any M3 around here...I feel like it would be okay at that point.

Thanks for the compliments but I wish it looked better! Paint and body is so hard for me right now, I have the tools and the knowledge, just no time! That's what I've learned to live by, you can have time or money...but not both.

My Cars
    BMW
    Thanks for the feed back! Your E36 looks great on the 030s!

-James

My Cars
    94 325i 5 speed
    Quote Originally Posted by ECSTuning View Post
    Thanks for the feed back! Your E36 looks great on the 030s!

-James
    Thanks, I was impressed with the shipping mostly. I have heard not so good things about shipping times, glad to see that it wasn't true in my case. I will defintely be back if I need anything else.

My Cars
    BMW
    Sounds good feel free to PM me when you're ready!

-James

My Cars
    93 325i 4Dr Auto White
    Hi.. I just bought a set of style 030 for my E36 but no one at ECS Tuning has been able to verify the center cap size... could you help me please? I see in the beginning of the post that they are 65mm but maybe It has changed since 2013...

Thank you very much.

My Cars
    94 325i 5 speed
    Should still be the same. I got genuine BMW emblems for them and they still look great a year later!

My Cars
    2011 e90 328i
    How are those alzor 030's holding up? Just ordered them and was wondering if they were holding up all right

My Cars
    2006 BMW 325i (E90)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesleykim1999 View Post
    How are those alzor 030's holding up? Just ordered them and was wondering if they were holding up all right

I am also curious how they are holding up. for 500 for a set of CSL style black wheels is an AWESOME deal if they don't crack within a year.