BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: FS: 1991 BMW 850i Rare 6-Speed Manual. 66k mi. SoCal Black/Black with factory CSi kit

My Cars
    99 M coupe, 66 1600

FS: 1991 BMW 850i Rare 6-Speed Manual. 66k mi. SoCal Black/Black with factory CSi kit

VEHICLE IS ALREADY SOLD...THANKS FOR LOOKING.

1991 BMW 850i E31 Coupe
    Rare 6-Speed Manual & Factory CSi Body Pkg

VIN # WBAEG1310MCB42025
    66,585 Miles
    Black (Schwarz) on Black Nappa Leather
    6-Speed Manual Transmission Clean and Clear California Title No Accidents
    Original Paint
    SOLD

The 850 was considered to be the classic "grand touring" car. With a price tag of nearly $100,000 new, these cars were considered by many at the exotic-car level. The 8-Series BMWs were fast, comfortable, stylish, and safe. These were some of the most technologically advanced cars on the road for the time.

The silken V12 engine can quickly shove you back in your seat as you effortlessly overtake other traffic. It's also so flexible you can toddle along at 1000 rpm or so without "lugging" the engine. On the open highway, these cars are truly wonderful machines. On long trips, they are comfortable yet still keep you connected with the driving experience. These are rare birds that have a strong future in the collectible car world.

This 850i was purchased new at a BMW dealer in South Carolina on December 31st, 1990. The original owner lived in the South East and used the car lightly as a weekend cruiser. All services were performed at local BMW dealerships with all the stamps in the service booklet (see photos). The current owner purchased the car from a dealer in Florida in 2003. They received the car on trade from the 2nd owner. The car was inspected by the local BMW dealer and given a clean bill of health. It had 42,000 miles. This owner took the car with him shortly thereafter when he moved out to southern California.

For the next decade, this owner took amazing care of this BMW. It was never driven in poor weather; it was always garaged; and, it was properly maintained and serviced by some of the best local independent BMW service shops on the area.

Significant repairs include:

New radiator/bleed cooling system
    New brake booster ABS control motor and module
    New water pump, thermostat, and upper/lower radiator hoses
    New fan clutch
    New rear strut inserts
    New front strut assemblies
    New hydraulic brake booster assembly
    New master cylinder
    Oil service
    New ignition/steering column lock assembly
    New differential with high performance gear oil
    Replace front and rear upper and lower control arm bushings
    Replace tie rod assemblies and trailing arm bushings
    New belts and power steering hoses
    New motor mounts
    New tires (less than 2,000 miles)
    Rebuilt A/C system

Besides normal maintenance, this owner decided to add some very tasteful and correct enhancements. This includes:

Full Factory 850 CSi body trim (rockers and spoilers) from BMW
    E36 M3 Aero mirrors (full electric and heated)
    E36 M3 steering wheel (from a 1999 model)
    Euro corner lights
    Upgraded stereo (looks stock) with JL Audio Amp and Focal Speakers hidden in custom box built into trunk (see photos). Plus MP3 connector
    Short shift kit with lighted ///M shift knob
    Eibach lowering springs with Bilstein shocks and struts
    BMW ///M Parallel wheels
    Strut brace
    Dinan performance chip
    Remus exhaust

In total, this customer invested another $25,000 into this 850. Arguably, it is probably one of the nicest examples on the market. His care for this car shows in not only how it looks but also how tight it drives. It is an absolute pleasure to drive. Everything works properly.

The exterior of the car is in remarkable condition considering the age and miles. There are minimal signs of use on the original paint. The interior is equally as nice with almost no signs of wear.

California registration is paid through May of 2014.
    This BMW comes with all records/receipts, owner’s manual/books, car cover, spare, jack, complete factory tool kit, and an extra key.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Paul at 714-335-4911 or me@paulkramer.com
    For tons of photos send me an email.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paul-HB; 12-09-2013 at 10:32 AM.