Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I hate deer | Coupe Carnage ITT

My Cars
    01 Z3M Coupe
    really sorry for you, even though it's only metal and plastic and no one was hurt it still sucks.
    You should have loaded the dam deer on the back of the flat bed, had it butchered and ate the bastard.

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe, E39 M5
    Sucks. Those pictures hurt to look at, although I find some satisfaction in the dead deer ones.

Biggest overpopulated animal up here in MD. Sorry about your luck, I'm sure it will all get cleared up in the end. You won't even be able to tell.
    Sold: 1998 Cosmos Black 328i Sedan
    Current: 2001 Laguna Seca Blue M Coupe, 2003 LeMans Blue M5
    Daily: 2018 Shadow Black Raptor
    Wife: 2013 Alpine White X5 35i
    Contact Me: MDICTED@gmail.com
    Instagram: MDICTED

My Cars
    '02 M Coupe x2
    Doubled
    Last edited by JeffyD; 11-12-2013 at 03:37 PM.
    '02 M Coupe, Estoril Blue on Estoril
    '02 M Coupe, -???-Who knows-???-
    ‘02 M Coupe, Alpine White on Black
    '06 M Coupe, Interlagos Blue/Black Carbon Leather
    ’99 M3 Coupe, Technoviolet/Black
    ’04 VW R32, Reflex Silver/Black Cloth

My Cars
    '02 M Coupe x2
    Sorry if this is a double post.

I thought the hatch's latch not catching was the worst that could happen. Luckily, you're alright, and the deer had what was coming to him. Deer suicide should be something they do by jumping off a cliff, not running into traffic. Selfish vermin.

Hope your insurance does right by you.

My Cars
    99' M Coupe
    Absolutely tragic! So sorry...I'm sure you'll be back and running in no time though. I came THIS close to smacking a deer on Angeles Crest last month...gawd it's like they just materialize out of nowhere!

My Cars
    02 M Coupe, 98 K12RS
    Worst part of fix may be matching paint color. Trick to getting factory parts is to choose dealer to fix car. BMW dealers will not use aftermarket trash with substandard steel. Good luck. Coupe did its job keeping you safe.

My Cars
    '01 SG/IR S54 M Coupe
    damn...sorry to see/hear... I remember hitting one with my E46 M3, not a fun day... good luck!

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    Thanks for the kind words, everyone! It'll all work out, I'm determined. I've long said I only anticipate to be separated from my Coupe by death. I can't let it die.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwm3man52 View Post
    Wow that's looks pretty bad. Thankfully nobody got hurt. Is your insurance going to fix it?
    That's my plan! They'll be out later today for an estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by KBH22102 View Post
    Damn Jeremy. Glad you are okay but sucks to see that. For 70 mph (maybe down to 50 for hard braking), that is not bad damage. Maybe LSB is some sort of aphrodisiac for deer, our coupes just seem to attract them...

BTW what is that green stuff on your door? Deer vomit? Also in that eBay post about LSB seats, the seller has a new driver's side view mirror for sale as well
    Yeah, stupid dear seriously just appeared. Not sure about the goober on the door. It's deer fluid for sure, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eson535 View Post
    Somehow your coupe still looks amazing with a few knicks here and there
    Glad you're ok, and am looking forward to seeing it back up and running 100% very soon.
    Haha, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry F. View Post
    So sorry to see this. Damn deer. I didn't even know AZ had deer, figured just antelope or something. Such a beautiful car.

You know it will never be the same again. It's damaged goods, complete crap now. You'll always hate it. So sell it to me.

Good luck on the repairs! It will be like new soon. Do you think it will receive a full respray?

Best,
    Terry
    I appreciate it, Terry. I don't think they'll cover a full respray, but I may be able to finagle that with the shop...who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Bimjam96 View Post
    When I hit a deer it spun up and around and hit its butt on my door and had a streak off poo about a foot long dragging down the side....Jeremy, did you smell it to check?
    No, no sniff test. The poo was smeared about 10-15 feet down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Msilvia View Post
    Jeremy, you will be back cleaner than ever!

Shouldn't be a difficult repair and you can bring her back sporting those nice fat lips in the back
    Yeah, that's my goal. To be back better than ever!

Quote Originally Posted by moonvan View Post
    Silver lining: the K58s survived
    Totally agree. I was worried, but they seem, just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CMM3 View Post
    really sorry for you, even though it's only metal and plastic and no one was hurt it still sucks.
    You should have loaded the dam deer on the back of the flat bed, had it butchered and ate the bastard.
    If I had a sledge hammer with me, I would have obliterated the rest of it. I used to like seeing deer roaming around when in cooler climates.Now I wish all of those little bastards should all die.

Quote Originally Posted by MDICTED View Post
    Sucks. Those pictures hurt to look at, although I find some satisfaction in the dead deer ones.

Biggest overpopulated animal up here in MD. Sorry about your luck, I'm sure it will all get cleared up in the end. You won't even be able to tell.
    Yeah, the deer being dead is little consolation. Just that same, I'm glad it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffyD View Post
    Sorry if this is a double post.

I thought the hatch's latch not catching was the worst that could happen. Luckily, you're alright, and the deer had what was coming to him. Deer suicide should be something they do by jumping off a cliff, not running into traffic. Selfish vermin.

Hope your insurance does right by you.
    Haha, yeah. I don't know that there is an animal that can do this much damage that is dumber.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chopper D View Post
    Absolutely tragic! So sorry...I'm sure you'll be back and running in no time though. I came THIS close to smacking a deer on Angeles Crest last month...gawd it's like they just materialize out of nowhere!
    It really did. It's like it levitated in front of my Coupe. Pretty surreal when I replay it in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor54 View Post
    Worst part of fix may be matching paint color. Trick to getting factory parts is to choose dealer to fix car. BMW dealers will not use aftermarket trash with substandard steel. Good luck. Coupe did its job keeping you safe.
    Color match is hard, for sure. I had some work done a few years back, and the match was ok in some light, and not so great in others. I think the shop was lacking, though...
    jeremy [AT] coupecartel [DOT] com

1 of 1 | 2002 Laguna Seca Blue/Black M Coupe | LK61201
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    '02 M Coupe x2
    Just throwing this out there- spitballing, as it were- but, considering resprayers are in order... Why not just get it right this time, and go full Estoril? Oxford green would be an acceptable alternative, too.

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe & Roadster
    you guys should see the deer

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe, 2002 M3
    Sorry to hear about the accident.

From looking at your photos, it doesn't seem too bad- you need a front bumper, headlight, fender liner, hood, doorskin and the lower fender. The actual metal that the fender liner is attached to looks undistorted, at least.

That was a little deer- 30 lbs. or so? Whitetails are a lot bigger, you're lucky you hit such a small deer. I recently saw a 120 lb. or so 6-point buck and a doe nearly as big on the side of the road.

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    Just throwing this out there- spitballing, as it were- but, considering resprayers are in order... Why not just get it right this time, and go full Estoril? Oxford green would be an acceptable alternative, too.
    No, Jeff. Never. LSB or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by jajou318 View Post
    you guys should see the deer
    F'r reals. Here are photos of the deer, for those who can stomach it.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanerPA View Post
    Sorry to hear about the accident.

From looking at your photos, it doesn't seem too bad- you need a front bumper, headlight, fender liner, hood, doorskin and the lower fender. The actual metal that the fender liner is attached to looks undistorted, at least.

That was a little deer- 30 lbs. or so? Whitetails are a lot bigger, you're lucky you hit such a small deer. I recently saw a 120 lb. or so 6-point buck and a doe nearly as big on the side of the road.
    The patrol officer who drug it off of the road thought it weighed 130 lbs.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.."

My Cars
    99-01 M Cpe & Rdts, X5M
    Jeremy, I could fix the collision damage__not saying anything about color matching__so you'll be able to find someone there, a real bodyman, that won't be fazed by that. It will just come down to how much the insurance man will pay, and what you're willing to spend to keep it. Pretty sure I told you how much it was to fix the one I did last year, so add to that the door & mirror, paint and incidentals.

I hope it all works out in your favor, but back a few years ago, my black car (and Daniel's gray one) were hit in a parking lot; mine not as bad as Daniel's, but I elected to get the entire car painted as part of the collision repair. I stripped off as much as possible (and replaced everything, but let them hang & align the panels/gaps) and that saved a fair amount of money off the cost of the total respray. I don't know what your backup car situation is, but it's a thought.

My Cars
    '02 M Coupe x2
    Hahaha. I love animals. I love M Coupes. But seeing those deer pictures just made me realize I love clown shoes way more than I love animals.

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe, E39 M5
    Hahaha. I love animals. I love M Coupes. But seeing those deer pictures just made me realize I love clown shoes way more than I love animals.
    I'm an animal person. I grew up on a farm. I hate to see an animal in pain or suffering.

But any animal that puts my family, me, and my cars in danger doesn't get a second thought. I don't swerve for animals.

Honestly I'm going to do my best to avoid dogs and domesticated animals. Wild animals are a toss up, more likely to change direction and get hit anyway.

Deer are rodents up here. They eat crops, destroy cars, and litter the highway with there carcasses. But I do love me some venison.
    Sold: 1998 Cosmos Black 328i Sedan
    Current: 2001 Laguna Seca Blue M Coupe, 2003 LeMans Blue M5
    Daily: 2018 Shadow Black Raptor
    Wife: 2013 Alpine White X5 35i
    Contact Me: MDICTED@gmail.com
    Instagram: MDICTED

My Cars
    2002 Smurf Hearse
    So that preliminary estimate from the adjuster is $8,973.78. The includes a new OE hood, bumper, headlights, radiator support, fender, and door along with all of the things she could see that need repair. There will be more for sure. I'm just relieved there was no mention of totaling it! That was my main concern at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Forbes View Post
    Jeremy, I could fix the collision damage__not saying anything about color matching__so you'll be able to find someone there, a real bodyman, that won't be fazed by that. It will just come down to how much the insurance man will pay, and what you're willing to spend to keep it. Pretty sure I told you how much it was to fix the one I did last year, so add to that the door & mirror, paint and incidentals.

I hope it all works out in your favor, but back a few years ago, my black car (and Daniel's gray one) were hit in a parking lot; mine not as bad as Daniel's, but I elected to get the entire car painted as part of the collision repair. I stripped off as much as possible (and replaced everything, but let them hang & align the panels/gaps) and that saved a fair amount of money off the cost of the total respray. I don't know what your backup car situation is, but it's a thought.
    Randy, that's a great idea. I should just bite the bullet and make it perfect while it's already under the knife. Luckily, I work from home, and don't NEED a car all that often. Plus, I have the max rental coverage, so a limit, and access to cars should I need one beyond that.

I like animals too, and don't wish for any to suffer unnecessarily. However, humans > animals, cars > animals when it boils down to it, for me.

I'm an animal person. I grew up on a farm. I hate to see an animal in pain or suffering.

But any animal that puts my family, me, and my cars in danger doesn't get a second thought. I don't swerve for animals.

Honestly I'm going to do my best to avoid dogs and domesticated animals. Wild animals are a toss up, more likely to change direction and get hit anyway.

Deer are rodents up here. They eat crops, destroy cars, and litter the highway with there carcasses. But I do love me some venison.
    This.

My Cars
    '99 Z3 Coupe, 99 328is
    Hi Jeremy. I'm very sad to hear your news. I was up at the GGC HPDE at Thunderhill over the week-end and I'm just catching up. As painful as it is, metal can be replaced, but humans can't. I'm very glad that you and your family were not hurt. Please bring your repaired coupe to Dorkfest next year. I for one will shake your hand and buy you a beer. I bet I'm not alone in this sentiment.
    Last edited by Iftheshoefits; 11-12-2013 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Spelling

My Cars
    '01 SG/IR S54 M Coupe
    ...I don't swerve for animals.

+1, moose and small children (the bigger ones should know better!).
    +2, forest rats!
    +3, you could always go Steel Gray you know... If you can swing it, hit it all up while it is under the knife. talk to the body shop owner off-line, paying in cash does wonders...

Good luck, you'll be 99% whole again, but that 1 f-ing% is gone for good...SOB!!!

My Cars
    01 Z3M Coupe
    For a few dollars more you can get a very professional repaint of the whole car and you won't have to worry about color matching.
    Also would allow you to replace the windshield if pitted along with the window/door seals as they are not all that expensive.
    My car got backed into in a parking lot the hood was crunched and to blend the hood properly they have to spray onto the doors anyway.
    You're in the same boat and they will be repainting at least 2/3 the car by default.
    Since you're planning on keeping the car if I were you I'd definately invest the few extra dollars and take advantage of the situation with a fresh paint job on the whole car, which is what I did. It only ended up costing me around $2k out of pocket with a new winshield and all new seals - nice.

My Cars
    99 M Rdstr, 92 325ic,
    Quote Originally Posted by Bcar View Post
    +1...small children....
    ??

My Cars
    '02 Z3 3.0i 5 speed
    Deer are a big problem up here in PA. It's mating season now, so you see them pretty regularly standing at the edge of roadways, and sometimes crossing. This time of year, I alter my drive to work and avoid the back twisty roads I normally like to drive, in favor of larger more open highways.

My Cars
    01 Z3M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by cngizbleevng View Post
    Deer are a big problem up here in PA. It's mating season now, so you see them pretty regularly standing at the edge of roadways, and sometimes crossing. This time of year, I alter my drive to work and avoid the back twisty roads I normally like to drive, in favor of larger more open highways.
    Same here - I see them crossing the main street right in town, they are all over the place.

My Cars
    '99 M Coupe
    You didn't harvest the meat?

Raw deal, but it could have been a lot worse. Glad everyone's OK.

I have close calls most days (living in the sticks will do that), as close as one headbutting my driver side mirror at 40 or so, braking from 60(lucky it was a doe, she brushed herself off and ran away, maybe lived?), but out here it's more a matter of when than if...and I am not looking forward to that day.

Good luck getting everything put back together!

Edit: Less than an hour after I saw this I hit a deer on the way home...jinxed myself up there...luckily it was in a Jeep Commander and the trim popped back on, for the most part...just needs a license plate bracket, washer fluid pump, and fender liner...I don't quite feel your pain, but getting there.
    Last edited by PettitWC; 11-14-2013 at 06:15 AM.
    -Chris

No Chrome on the Wheels, I'm a Baller for Real

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe
    Jeremy.....So sorry to hear of the bad news but I'm glad you or anyone else in your party wasn't hurt. I can't imagine the misery you must be going through and to deal with the insurance companies is a real hassle. i hope things work out for you and that you'll get your LSB beauty back on the road very soon. Keep the faith and psitive thoughts that everything will work out. The good thing is that you're alove to tell us about your harrowing experience. All the best!

Carey

My Cars
    2001 M Coupe, 2002 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    No, Jeff. Never. LSB or nothing.

F'r reals. Here are photos of the deer, for those who can stomach it.

The patrol officer who drug it off of the road thought it weighed 130 lbs.
    I guess without much to reference to judge the size, I was way off?

If that deer was 130 lbs., you were very lucky to escape with as little damage as you did. I hope your insurance company is reasonable and will allow you to repair
    it to the proper standard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cngizbleevng View Post
    +1.

I saw a deer crossing Broad Street in north Philly about a week ago. That was crazy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast