BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: FS: 1999 E39 540i Sport / 6 SPD in MI - DOES NOT RUN

My Cars
    1982 Chevrolet C10

FS: 1999 E39 540i Sport / 6 SPD in MI - DOES NOT RUN

Bought the car in February of 2013 from Chicago, IL with 98k miles. I put about 2k - 3k miles on it before the timing chain guides broke. Replaced them but was still having issues. I took it to a mechanic and he said it has bent valves. So if you want to use the current engine, that must be fixed and I can only imagine how much that costs. New crankshaft positioning sensor. Will throw in a set of 17" style 32's that have some heavy curb rash. The gauge cluster with the miles seems to be going out but I also have the repair kit that whoever buys it can have. 3 BMW keys. The old owner said someone backed up into the front passenger side. The bender, bumper and possibly the hood will need to be replaced. He also replaced the headlight but didn't wire up the angel eyes. There is a dent in the rear quarter panel on the driver's side that I tried to get a picture of but it's hard to see. When it ran, it shifted just fine, and all the electronics worked including the AC/heat and windows. Wasn't putting out any codes until the timing chain guides went.

The interior was in a very nice shape beside the covering on the pillars. Just seems like it needs liquid glue to hold it together. The knee adjustment (not sure what to call it) on the passenger side front seat seems to be caught on something and won't extend or retract further.

Here is a link to an album of pictures:
    http://s1328.photobucket.com/user/Co...?sort=3&page=1

If you want a picture of anything else just let me know. I will update the album as I go along.

I'd like to get $4500 out of it but I would be willing to negotiate.

You can text me at 989-400-8678 Please try to text, I'm usually busy so taking phone calls can be a problem but feel free to leave a message.
    Or you can email me at Jarronbaldwin@live.com

Thanks for looking and I hope we can work something out!
    Last edited by Cowborg; 10-26-2013 at 06:51 PM.

My Cars
    1982 Chevrolet C10
    Bump. I can flex with the price.

My Cars
    2000 BMW 540i MTech 6mt
    Are you willing to part the car?

My Cars
    1982 Chevrolet C10
    I was thinking about it but i have a lien on it at the moment so i want the whole thing gone asap. But if it doesn't get sold fast I probably will part it.

My Cars
    1982 Chevrolet C10
    Lowered to $4000

My Cars
    1982 Chevrolet C10
    Bump. Make me an offer :p

My Cars
    '01 740i Sport

FS: 1999 E39 540i Sport / 6 SPD in MI - DOES NOT RUN

If you have a lien on it, I assume you have full coverage too? You'd be better off going out and totaling it. I'm sorry if this is harsh but honestly, you need to remove a 0 from your asking price if you want to sell it as it sits.

I'm curious, how did you wind up with a 540 that was hit in the front and had bad chain guides, yet you have a lien on it?
    Last edited by TommyFTR; 11-12-2013 at 09:28 AM.

My Cars
    1982 Chevrolet C10
    I don't know if it's a state specific thing or not but you can get a loan for just about anything with decent credit. I was supposed to be building credit with this. There were no issues at all until about a month in. Then I started getting clicking and decided to take it off the wrote and fix stuff and I believe that's what makes it so I can't total it. Because I worked on it, it could be my fault possibly even though I had a mechanic check it out and say that this issue would've arisen long before I came around. Would you think it's worth it to part out? I mean the trans is fine and the interior is all there (with a little work it could be nice) along with some other things in the engine.

My Cars
    '01 740i Sport
    I think you'd get more for it parting it out. The whole 6 speed "swap" is sought after. You have everything needed since you have a 6 speed car so that as a complete lot should fetch a pretty penny. If it has a Sport interior, that is valuable. Then you have things like body panels, glass, modules, etc. All things people need for various reasons.

My Cars
    1982 Chevrolet C10
    Well I took your suggestion and ended up starting to take it apart. So in a few weeks when I have a pile of parts I'll make a link to redirect people to a parts link. Thanks!