RM European Auto Parts

Thread: HELP......my rear seatbelt is stuck!

HELP......my rear seatbelt is stuck!

My seatbelts in the back seat keep getting stuck in my 93 318is (ie. I can't pull them out any further). I have since removed the rear seatbelt mechanism, but after putting them back, the belts still get stuck. For some reason, I can't get the pendulum of the seat belt mechanism to swing in the right direction after bolting on the seatbelts from the back side of the fold down seats. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Mike

My Cars
    96 328is Sprt Pkg
    sounds like you might need to replace them

(I really dont know the inner workings of it)

is there perhaps a spring thats worn out? .. or something that could be greased?

I have to replace my side/pass seatbelt assy.. stupid airbag fault says its screwed up.. even though the mechanical part works fine

My Cars
    BMW
    the same thing happened in my 93 318. I took of the the bottom bolt for the seatbelt and it unjammed. the problem is the little plastic piece that stops the seatbelt from going to far in came off so the seatbelt ended up rolling up to far and jamming it

My Cars
    95 BMW LTW

rear passenger side seat belt also stuck

Ok so I am looking at how this all works because my driver side rear seat belts work I experimented on how all this works. So when the fold down is released from the normal position the seat belt works and when you fold it down the seat belt doesnt work. Somehow the belt uses the hold down as a sensor to allow the belt to work. But no matter how I tried to duplicate this with my fingers the belt just wont work and when I fold it back it starts working.

I do see the plastic thingy on the belt that works so maybe mine did pop out. I also see a cover that I removed and a nut on the back of the fold down. If I loosen this nut what happens? I'm sure I'll try it but good to know how to remove this seat belt harness. Looks like its in there pretty good.

EUROCLIQUE

My Cars
    '77 Porsche 911, '87 Corvette, '97 M3
    I had the same problem and ended up releasing the entire spring when I tried to diagnose it!!!

Where can I buy a replacement at a reasonable price?
    '97 M3
    '77 Porsche 911
    '87 Corvette