BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: FS: 1983 Euro 635csi Excellent Condition

My Cars
    95 540i-M, 89 Z1, 73 R17

FS: 1983 Euro 635csi Excellent Condition

Hi all it is with great regret that I am offering my car for sale. We have had a run of family medical issues and my priorities need to change with the changing landscape.

My stomach turns as I look back at everything I have done, and only driven 1000 miles in 3 years, less than my Z1.

Here is a brief list of upgrades and service, I know the list is not comprehensive I will catch more as I think about it and update the post.

The basics are 1983 Euro 635csi.

• Dolphin Grey
    • Black Leather Interior with Genuine BMW Recaro, not BMW Sport seats
    • Limited Slip Differential
    • Electric Sunroof
    • AC (Works great, its as good as it was when the system was new)
    • Close Ratio Gear Box , dogleg,
    • Sport Suspension

For 1983 this was THE high end sport spec with the right comfort features to make her a great driver.

One reason I chased this car down was its history. The second owner of the car had it from 1984 until I bought it, while he was not the original owner it sure was close, he took it to all the local people I know and trust, it has had very good care. Its never been in an accident that I know of.

Same with the interior. Leather is immaculate, no rips, tear or wear. The owner had sheep skins on it until I got the car. I figured as little as I was going to drive it I wanted to see and feel these factory Recaro's

The car has always been garaged and pampered, it shows it, the paint shines closer to new that that of a 30 year old car. There is ZERO fade, its amazing. The dash is crack free, there are no issues to disclose, this car I hate to say is perfect, because no car is, but I have really done me best to get it as close to that as possible. I never ever thought I would be selling this car.

Car currently has about 117K miles, my 65K 1995 M Sport is not as tight as this car!

OK here is my list of what I have done:

Custom Programma SI Instrument Cluster Circuit board eliminates battery that supply service indicator lights.

Custom one of a kind M Technics II sport steering wheel. Had to be custom modified by the best machinist in Boulder to fit the fine spline steering wheel shaft of the 83 635. I think I still have the original factory wheel and would consider a swap back to the original if that is what the new owner wants.

Last set of New Old Stock European Velour Floor mats

Complete Euro Exhaust, all OEM BMW parts worked my euro connections to get this. Not even sure its still available when I got it there were only a few left.

Complete Brake system gone through including new bomb, not rebuild.

Last new old stock rear head rests and headrest inserts.

New Rear turn signal lens, why not, left original had a 1/4" crack, these alone cost half my retirement. :-)

Rebuild of gear shift assembly with all new old stock parts.

Hood shocks.

Battery

Fuel injection parts for drive-ability and especially ease of cold starts.

All rear suspension bushings (rubber)

Super rare Refinished AC Schnitzer wheels with almost new tires. 16" See if you can find another set, I have never seen another especially with the right offset.

Late model rear speaker pods. Also have late model year front speaker door trim with speakers, never installed, but included.

Rare Blaupunkt in dash CD with wireless remote period correct compliments interior, which also includes a A2DP Bluetooth adapter hooked in its aux input such that you can use your iphone or other bluetooth enabled device to stream music, nav or phone info.

Mid 90's radar detector with hidden installation, I never ever use it, but for those of you who are interested , its there.

E30 convertible map light rear view mirror, great mod using factory parts for interior light

Custom made leather Sunvisor with built in garage door opener. I made this and actually sold another set to a Bimmerforums member. Only took about 20 hours what else to do with my time?

New old stock passenger Sunvisor, original was loosing the fit around the vanity light.

Rebuild of cooling system, new radiator, thermostat and water pump.

Replaced trunk carpet with new BMW factory carpet

Replaced hood sound insulation pads with new BMW parts

Has very rare rear European license plate adapter custom modified to fit our size plates.

I am sure there is more but I prefer to limit my nausea at this time.

I am asking $13K or best offer. Consider in this price the thousands of dollars it takes to truly sort these cars out and get them running to this state.

There are cheaper cars out there, but I know none that have the history and care of this car. Some of you already know me, I don't buy anything unless I have exhausted every option to find the nicest car out there, and then still spend more on making it right.

All service is current, brakes , radiator, oil, tune.

Never tracked, driven hard or put up wet, yes I know that is a sin to some owners, but its how I drive em and look for them.

I will build and post a photo library soon.

Here are some pictures.

Steve

sdiamond59@gmail.com

Last edited by Steve Z1; 10-25-2013 at 11:04 AM.

My Cars
    95 540i-M, 89 Z1, 73 R17
    Created this photo library this AM, sun was not the best but I think it gives a nice idea.

http://youtu.be/9pCDoMlMd4c
    Last edited by Steve Z1; 10-25-2013 at 11:00 AM.

My Cars
    77 fiat spider,72 Torino
    Love your car. It looks very well maintained. Good luck with your sale. Hope all goes well with your medical situation. I had to part with two cars years ago for the same reason. But cars are made of steel and plastic. Not flesh and blood. God bless

My Cars
    95 540i-M, 89 Z1, 73 R17
    Thank for the kind words and thoughts

I agree cars are really something that brings joy, but without your health we really have nothing

all the best to you

steve

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dirty View Post
    Love your car. It looks very well maintained. Good luck with your sale. Hope all goes well with your medical situation. I had to part with two cars years ago for the same reason. But cars are made of steel and plastic. Not flesh and blood. God bless

My Cars
    e92 M3 g05 X5
    Beautiful euro 6er, GLWS and best of luck with your health!

My Cars
    95 540i-M, 89 Z1, 73 R17
    Thank you very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg330Ci View Post
    Beautiful euro 6er, GLWS and best of luck with your health!

My Cars
    bmw, porsche, bentley
    I would be interested in buying the 635 please call me at 9177140000 thank you

My Cars
    1988 M6, 1998 M3
    This listing made the headline on BAT this morning. GLWS - I suspect it will go fast!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Mark
    1998 E36 ///M - Titanium/Mulberry vert.
    1988 E24 ///M - Zinno/Lotus - 73K miles (gone but not forgotten)

My Cars
    89 325is, 2002 325iT
    I just saw this beauty on BaT too and had to comment on how clean and honest it looks. I'm a picky bimmer enthusiast and I'd be proud to own this one. If only I had one more garage space.

Best of health to you too.

My Cars
    95 540i-M, 89 Z1, 73 R17
    Thank you all once again.!!

The car has been sold to "kearnsics"

I am truly glad for several things.

First my dad gets out of the hospital today, that is why I am selling the car to have some cushion for my parents.

Second I am very glad to whom ever got the car on BAT.

I think the car was sold before I got going this AM.

Third, the car is going to a nice person and fellow enthusiast with no hassles.

I am only posting this last thing for those who are thinking of selling their car.

The car went for the asking price. I had at least 6 other offers at the same.

My thanks to my fellow BMW enthusiasts, those who have sent their prayers and well wishes to our family and the greater family of friends who have been with us through some tough times.

Steve

PS If anything changes I will let you guys know.

My Cars
    '11 Golf TDI+Porsche 996
    Wow. Congrats!
    I own mostly junk. Except the Porsche, that's kind of cool.
    All the motorcycles are trash which you can read about at
    http://oneguytwowheels.blogspot.com/

I'll update it eventually

Thansk

My Cars
    77 fiat spider,72 Torino
    Glad to hear everything is working out. I'm sure another 6 will find it's way into your garage one day. Best wishes to you and your family.

My Cars
    E34 M20 / Red Line
    Congrats. What a nice 6er.

My Cars
    95 540i-M, 89 Z1, 73 R17
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Htay9500 View Post
    Congrats. What a nice 6er.

My Cars
    e30/e28
    If this is the car I saw at C&C in Lafayette last month, then I can vouch for its condition! This thing was beautiful!! At first I was thinking, well why is that 6er all the way over there? When I got up close I realized if I owned her I'd do the same thing! GLWS, I wish I was in the market, couple more years....
    BMW ///M3-RIP
    1994 BMW 325is-Sold
    1991 BMW 325ix
    1985 BMW 535i - Mint

My Cars
    95 540i-M, 89 Z1, 73 R17
    Thank you for the kind words.

Its one and the same

I only parked away because when I got there it was pretty full.

I don't mind being in the mix, in fact I prefer it, but you know C&C has gotten so popular that spots in the mix are hard to come by.

I hope to be at the next C&C this one I was dedicated to a friends memorial service.

Seems to be more of these as time goes by

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by M34life View Post
    If this is the car I saw at C&C in Lafayette last month, then I can vouch for its condition! This thing was beautiful!! At first I was thinking, well why is that 6er all the way over there? When I got up close I realized if I owned her I'd do the same thing! GLWS, I wish I was in the market, couple more years....

My Cars
    2004 BMW 325iT
    I became the owner of this '83 635CSi in Dec of 2016 and thought I'd post a link to some recent pictures.
    https://flic.kr/s/aHskS4gg8p

In the past 6 months I've made a few improvements and put a couple thousand miles on the odometer.
    -Replaced the upper control arms with upgraded aluminum ones and heavy duty bushings.
    -Replaced the external fuel pump to fix a hot start issue (failed internal check valve).
    -Replaced the wheel center caps with correct OEM replacements.
    -Removed, cleaned/flow checked the injectors. New plugs, wires, rotor & cap. New battery.
    -Replaced vacuum hoses with silicon hoses.
    -Added sheepskin seat covers.

-Tony
    Last edited by panthercity; 07-01-2017 at 08:40 PM.
    2001 740I M Sport

My Cars
    95 540i-M, 89 Z1, 73 R17
    Hi Tony,

She looks great, one of the cars I really regret selling!!

You know how to find me if you ever decide to sell her back

Enjoy her!!

Steve

My Cars
    81 BMW635CSI, 95 M3 2DR
    Hi Steve,

Hope all is well, I'm based in South Africa and have a 1981 BMW 635csi, We've just completed a nut and bolt restoration but unfortunately I am new on the forum and not very techno savvy to post pictures.

The car is original other than the 18" Work Wheels and air suspension which can be removed as I have the original wheels and suspension.

Any help with getting my car advertised or even shown off on the forum will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
    Shealen

My Cars
    92 325ic
    Why the Seat covers?? Such nice recaros Show them!!
    Last edited by brickwhite; 12-12-2017 at 09:56 AM.