Avus Autosport
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: !MECHANIC WORK! Professional, caring and reasonable prices

My Cars
    e36

Exclamation !MECHANIC WORK! Professional, caring and reasonable prices

Hi, my name is Tim I have worked on cars for 10+ years, ranging from domestics, imports, euro and other high end cars.

Seven of these years have been in the BMW community, It doesn’t matter what year make and model your car is I will treat it with the care and knowledge of an enthusiast and a professional. It will be done right and in most cases on the same day.

I am located in Vacaville which for some is a bit of a drive, I guarantee you will not be disappointed by the prices and service you will get from me.
    If you have any questions or would like a price on your labor please PM me .

Thank you for considering me and have a great day.

Here are some testimonies to my work.

Just back from his place getting the oil changed and tranny filter/fluid as well. He checked out the rest of the car for issues while he was at it. Great guy to deal with all around! Thanks Tim !
    -Jmac95E34

So i needed to swap out my blown suspension with this stagg/vogtland kit i got over the holidays but i have no room or the right tools for this swap so i stumbled on this thread about WTFgerman last week about all the work he has done for bay area BMW owners so i decided to give him a holler and we worked out the details and so this past sat afternoon i drove up to tim's and let him have at it. once again MAJOR props to a very knowledgeable and cool guy doing all of us BMW owners in the bay area a great service, THANX TIM, car rides FANTASTIC!
    -318isam

Tim is legit. Fixed a overheating problem that I have been having for over a year. Tim is a knowledgeable and a chill dude overall. I Highly suggest if you need it done right and you don't have 500 bucks to drop on every little thing that comes up. Fair pricing and honest. He has earned a loyal customer and some future business. Props!
    -e30nub1

Tim just finished a coolant flush job on my e36 M3. What a stand up guy! I'm going back for future work on the M. Thanks again, worth the drive for me.
    -tbt95

Tim does real good work for a very reasonable price!
    -Cmybimmer

Tim did an excellent job diagnosing and fixing an issue that a professional garage misdiagnosed, at a great price. I highly recommend him and will continue to bring him my business in the future.
    -sl55g

After casually stumbling into this thread, I luckily hit up Tim to work on my 1985 535i e28. Like most e28s, my car suffered from 25 year old rubber parts that have never been replaced and needed a lot of TLC. The car had the worst shifter slop I've ever experienced, felt completely disconnected from the road, and felt like someone was hammering a sledge hammer between each and every shift.
    I asked Tim if he'd be interested in doing the following work: install new O2 sensor, engine mounts, SSK, center bearing, diff mount, guibo, and the dreaded rear subframe bushings. I've never serviced any of my BMWs outside of the dealer, Edge MotorWorks and Performance Technic in Pleasanton, so I was initially a little apprehensive. However, after reading a lot of the positive views here, I decided to give it a shot to save a little more coin for the upcoming Holidays. Tim ended up contacting me on the same day and we agreed on an appointment the following Friday since I had Veteran's day off. I ended up arriving at Vacaville around 10 am and before I knew it my car was completely fixed! No stories no bullshit. Tim knocked out each item methodically and was very informative each step of the way. If anyone with an older BMW is looking for a mechanic, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Tim as a valuable resource. Tim is a consummate professional and I felt very comfortable making the 45 mile trip to his house. I learned a lot, enjoyed my time, and really appreciate how this local BMW fanatic took his time to help me out. After driving my car all weekend, the e28 finally feels right. Next stop, ground control coilovers and exhaust... see you soon Tim!
    -D Unit

Bump for a great guy. Tim has helped me with several projects. I always leave with a little more knowledge and a better car.
    -NeilM67

Gotta give major thanks to tim for installing my new gas tank and RTABS. would have been an arm and a leg anywhere else and his price was more then fair. Also just a very cool guy and very professional. I felt completely comfortable with my car in his hands, and I rarely get that feeling when I hand someone my keys at a shop. He even fixed anything he saw on my car well working on it, tightened e-brake, fixed heat shield, pointed out an exhaust leak I had, tightened my glove box so no more sag, pointed out a few rust spots I had, tinted my corner lights side lights and taillights, and other things I cant remember. not to mention showing me how to fix a few things on my car whenever I get the time. Will definitely be bringing my car back to him for any work I need. Thanks again man, it was fun working with ya.
    -sk8er94803

I just wanted to say thanks to Tim for helping me out with my car. He is a really nice guy and a really good mechanic. What’s also nice is he is very thorough in making sure he does the job correctly. Check him out as a nice option on someone that you could bring your car too. I know I will be contacting him again in the future.
    -polo12345

Seriously, Tim is awesome with bimmers, he's worked on two of mine over the last couple years. Very professional, very thorough, way better than stealership pricing; an all-around good dood. Props and many thanks
    -ThisIsChris

thanx again tim for the motor/tranny mounts swap!...car feels sooo much smoother after a freeway ride home and that vibration has kinda levelled off a bit so hopefully that was the cause. here is an example of why i drove 2 1/2 hours in traffic to let tim handle my maintenance. after the mounts were swapped i took it for a spin and noticed that my small vibration was still present,so tim took it for a spin and as soon as he pulled into his garage he informed me that my front braking was HORRIBLE and that he would never drive with brakes like that on his car. needless to say tim had a spare set of ceramic front pads laying around and he proceeded to SWAP out my junk pads for his set! NO QUESTIONS ASKED!... THIS kind of service is why i will CONTINUE to come to tim if i ever need some maintenance work done on my car! PEOPLE if you need some QUALITY work done on your bimmer,I HIGHLY recommend this gentleman!...
    -318isam

Tim did some brake and suspension work for me over the weekend. Fast and thorough work, great prices, and an awesome opportunity to watch and learn - something you probably aren't going to get dropping your car off at your local shop. I'll definitely return.
    -adam1979

Tim comes through again, even on my non-BMW. He is reasonably priced and does good work. Highly recommend
    -auto_pilot

Also just want to vouch for Tim, he's a good guy and does quality work. Not to mention, his great price. Awesome fabricator!
    -series88

I highly recommend (torque wrench) Tim. He has done work for me on three different occasions now. He really knows his stuff, very creative, and it's always a good time and a learning experience hanging out. His low labor price allows me to mod and maintain the car in a way that I otherwise would not be able to afford with no sacrifice on the quality of work.
    -IrishRally
    Last edited by WTFGERMAN; 06-11-2014 at 02:06 PM.

My Cars
    e36
    Bump

My Cars
    e36
    Ttt

My Cars
    09 Daytona 675
    PM sent

My Cars
    1985 635CSi
    PM sent

My Cars
    e36
    Bump

My Cars
    2002 E46 M3
    PM sent

My Cars
    e36
    Bump

My Cars
    e36
    Bump

My Cars
    e36
    Bump

My Cars
    2016 Mazda 3 Wagon

My Cars
    Searching for a new one
    Happy Turkey day bump for Tim !

My Cars
    e36
    thanks bump

My Cars
    e36
    Bump

My Cars
    95 M3, 96 Z3, 97 M3/4
    Would you be able to do a tranny conversion on an e36 m3?

My Cars
    Searching for a new one
    You are welcome bump!
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFgerman View Post
    thanks bump

My Cars
    1997 328is
    Can you do front shocks and oil pan gasket on an E39 525i? Possibly some other small stuff too

EDIT: power steering hoses and rear sway bar bushings too. Also, we have an E46 making funny speed dependent noises. Possibly bad wheel bearings?
    Last edited by DYL; 12-17-2013 at 12:09 AM.

My Cars
    e36
    Sorry for the late reply work has been busy I can definitely take care of your issues for you on me and I'll give you a price breakdown

My Cars
    e36
    Bump

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Sedan
    i would like to get some work done on my 1998 m3. PM sent

My Cars
    e36
    Bump

My Cars
    1997 328is
    Free bump for a cool guy

My Cars
    e36
    Bump

My Cars
    E36'95 318I E92'08 335I
    hey tim, got some work for you just pm'd you....

My Cars
    e36
    Replied

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast