Thread: Can anyone help me with issue with BMcables Software please

My Cars
    4 x Assorted BMWs

Can anyone help me with issue with BMcables Software please

Hi guys
    I bought the cables and software from BM cables in the UK.
    Now Inpa works fine but when I try to run DIS it won't read the car. The program is just a one click process to load the software but it looks like Diaghead is not working, has anyone here bought the new one click software and been able to run all programs.
    I tried for 2 weks to contact the guys at BM Cables but they will not respond to my emails.
    Can anyone please help guide me through what to do.
    Kind regards
    Addam
    BMW I Own
    E24 1983 635csi Race Car Build (Schnitzer Replica) http://bigcoupe.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21792
    E24 633csi 4 Speed Manual
    E24 635csi /// 1986 4 Speed Auto
    E24 635csi /// 1986 Getrag Manual
    E23 735i 1986 *** 4 Speed Auto

My Business

https://www.facebook.com/pages/BMWre...68407960016698

DIY E24 Dash Removal
    http://bigcoupe.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20630&start=0&postdays=0&postorder =asc&highlight=

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    What exactly about diaghead isn't working?

People can't give advice if they don't know what the problem is.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    From memory BMCables software uses a macro-type program to start the IFHSrv32, start vmware and start DIS as a one-click operation.

My Cars
    4 x Assorted BMWs
    HI Guys when I load up DIS its the lights on the top right to show that diaghead is working are not showing the yellow and red glow, but if I load up DIS and then start TIS they are showing working on the computer but as soon as I switch back to DIS to start a diagnostic the colours are showing not picking up DIS. The program to load is all just one click setup and very easy to setup. David you are correct with your reply and its just click on DIS and all the program starts up. I was hoping that someone here has used the one click software and had no problem with using DIS. Kind regards Addam
    BMW I Own
    E24 1983 635csi Race Car Build (Schnitzer Replica) http://bigcoupe.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21792

My Business

DIY E24 Dash Removal
    http://bigcoupe.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20630&start=0&postdays=0&postorder =asc&highlight=

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Addam, this is pretty standard and is the way my DIS v57 functions. Are you getting battery and ignition signals with INPA?

My Cars
    4 x Assorted BMWs
    Hi David yes mate in Inpa all is fine. Also David thank you so much for all your help in the past with my problems. I have opened up a BMW Wrecking Yard on the Gold Coast so if you ever need anything let me know I have 60 plus cars and the business is known as BMWrecking Gold coast. Cheers mate
    BMW I Own

My Business

DIY E24 Dash Removal

My Cars
    2001 BMW 320D SE
    I am using the same sofrware as you and after hours of re installing I found out I was using the wrong ediabas . On your c: you have two ediabas folders, assuming you havent changed these the one labeled ediabas is version 7. Dis will only work with 6.something this is installed in the folder ediabas1 folder.

All I do is rename the folders

ediabas > ediabas7
    Ediabas1 > ediabas

Dis should now work. You will need to switch them back to use inpa.

Yet me know how you get on.

Regards

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

My Cars
    2007 BMW 328xi

Yes, I think I may be of help

Quote Originally Posted by ozibimmer View Post
    Hi guys
    I bought the cables and software from BM cables in the UK.
    Now Inpa works fine but when I try to run DIS it won't read the car. The program is just a one click process to load the software but it looks like Diaghead is not working, has anyone here bought the new one click software and been able to run all programs.
    I tried for 2 weks to contact the guys at BM Cables but they will not respond to my emails.
    Can anyone please help guide me through what to do.
    Kind regards
    Addam
    The only thing that stood between myself and the one click load process was myself. I read too much, became too informed, etc. I kept trying to follow the instructions on other BMW forums, youtube, etc. (i.e start diaghead + ifhsrv.exe) which messes with BM Cables self install. Anyway, My "Diaghead' appears inactive also. However, the software works. Once VMware Player boots to the DIS screen, just click the "Daignosis" button and follow the prompts. The proof is when it reads your vehicle information automatically.

If you still have problems with DIS, I found this thrad very useful: http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/...t-fix-t152785/ Try pinging the ip address suggested in the link. You should be a go! Forgive my english, I am a murican

My Cars
    2007 M6, 2006 630i
    Is your Firewall disabled? How about your anti-virus? Go in to c:/ediabas/bin/Ediabas.ini to see which version is running, as mentioned above only 6.4.7 & lower will work to support DIS.
    1996 320iC: leather, full elec hood, hard top, auto-dim, sport, revised front grilles, rear head rests (in storage now)
    2006 630i SMG Sport: Sapphire black met, creambeige leather, SMG gearbox, 19' Style 218 alloys, heated sport seats, Sport trim, Dension iPod interface, factory Bluetooth, Xenons, Sat Nav/CCC retrofit, LM2 retrofit, Digital TV retrofit, reverse camera, Homelink/Compass mirror retrofit, etc.
    2007 M6: Sapphire Black Met, Indianapolis red leather, TV, adaptive headlights, HomeLink, HUD, Dension iPod interface, Tracker, Logic7 Top HiFi, much more ....V10
    2004 Mini Cooper S: 15% pulley, remap, r56 brake conversion, modified intake, and more!

Hi there,

İ also had problems installing their software.
    Tried it twice on a laptop with 32bits dutch windows7. İt did not work. İ missed the api files?
    Then i made a fresh install of windows7 64bit english language(same laptop). Before installing anything else i disabled windows defender and installed bm software....works as a charm.
    İnpa and dis working fine. İt was not needed to tweak the software.
    Last edited by satturk; 05-15-2014 at 03:15 PM.

My Cars
    2009 BMW M SPORT
    Tested on BMW E46 318Ci 2003

Hello,
    I know this is an old post but I would just like to say BM Cables does work, for INPA, DIS GT1 and SSS. I have successfully got it working with ease, if anyone is having trouble, please get in touch on this forum. Dont bother following the instructions online because I have verified the UNIX setup, .ini file settings and all you need to do is the following, like they say its a one click install. Before you start this it takes about 3-4 hours to install. I have used VMWare Workstation 10, but you can use the VMPlayer.

I installed this on a 64bit Windows 8.1 operating system.

0. Turn off firewall and anti virus etc etc
    1. Do not insert cable
    2. Insert CD 1 and run
    3. It will ask you to insert cable
    4. Click big shiny buttons to install the software
    5. Insert CD 2 and run
    6. Click big shiny buttons to install the software
    7. Restart PC
    8. On your C:/ drive locate the folders named EDIABAS and EDIABAS1, then swap the names, just like inchhigh said above ^^^

"You will need to switch them back to use inpa"

9. Now find IFHSrv32 located in your newly named EDIABAS folder (C:/EDIABAS/bin, then run as admin (IMPORTANT TO RUN THIS AS ADMIN)

10. Click on the VMware Player and run as admin (IMPORTANT TO RUN THIS AS ADMIN)

11. At this point I quickly opened cmd prompt and pinged the interfaces of the VM, 192.168.68.1 and 192.168.65.30. If they comeback as successful stick blue cheap piece of shit in car and save money.

Once its booted up you will noticed the battary and what looks like a signal strength bar is NOT lit up, thats because it a piece of cheap poop, but dont worry it will still work.

12. Select Diagnostic

At this point, I became a "youtube expert" to navigate the correct menus/options and successfully re-calibrated my steering angle sensor.
    Last edited by firewire2013; 02-26-2015 at 09:16 PM.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by rebel.ranter View Post
    Is your Firewall disabled? How about your anti-virus? Go in to c:/ediabas/bin/Ediabas.ini to see which version is running, as mentioned above only 6.4.7 & lower will work to support DIS.
    Does this even run EDIABAS? No it does not. When I first got into diagnosing and coding, I started with a GT1 yellowhead and only DIS and Progmann. When installing DIS, there is no EDIABAS server installed or anything.

Only when later on I wanted to run INPA/NCS etc, it uses EDIABAS. And because of the yellowhead, do use INPA/NCS, I first need to load DIS to make the rest work. It was Revtor who told me all this.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiί III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by MParallel View Post
    Does this even run EDIABAS? No it does not. When I first got into diagnosing and coding, I started with a GT1 yellowhead and only DIS and Progmann. When installing DIS, there is no EDIABAS server installed or anything.

Only when later on I wanted to run INPA/NCS etc, it uses EDIABAS. And because of the yellowhead, do use INPA/NCS, I first need to load DIS to make the rest work. It was Revtor who told me all this.
    Yes, DIS does use EDIABAS. With a VMNetwork, DIS uses the version of EDIABAS installed with INPA (via the IFHSrv.32 Netserver). When DIS is installed natively and is used with a yellowhead, it uses a version of EDIABAS which is programmed into the yellow DK head.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    Yes, DIS does use EDIABAS. With a VMNetwork, DIS uses the version of EDIABAS installed with INPA (via the IFHSrv.32 Netserver). When DIS is installed natively and is used with a yellowhead, it uses a version of EDIABAS which is programmed into the yellow DK head.
    ah ok. Because I had no Ediabas folder whatsoever. Just an install of DISv56.

No luck so far running DIS with my USB K line cable. Everything is configured as per instruction, but no communication.

IP is set, VM network adapters set, Ediabas.ini set. IFHSrv32.exe loaded.

I'm overlooking something I guess. Any Windows settings that might block communication?
    Software does not include a diaghead emulator, so I don't see that as the issue.

Any ideas?

IG:

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If DIS v56 has been installed natively (i.e. without a VMNetwork), it will only work with a yellowhead. If you are using your USB K line interface, DIS will need to be installed using VmWare and you will also need to install a version of INPA that uses either EDIABAS v6.4.3 or EDIABAS v6.4.7, and host communication between DIS and INPA using the IFHSrv32 Netserver.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    If DIS v56 has been installed natively (i.e. without a VMNetwork), it will only work with a yellowhead. If you are using your USB K line interface, DIS will need to be installed using VmWare and you will also need to install a version of INPA that uses either EDIABAS v6.4.3 or EDIABAS v6.4.7, and host communication between DIS and INPA using the IFHSrv32 Netserver.
    DIS runs in VM. p.s. my Yellowhead DIS also runs in VM (it's actually the same version).

So I installed DIS, VM player, run older versions of INPA/Ediabas (I use 6.4.7) as I need ADS support for my E36, edited the ediabas.ini file (interface set STD:OBD). Set the VM network adapters correctly through the network configurator, IP/subnetmask range. Start IFHSrv32.exe before I start DIS.

So looks like I did everything by the book.

In DIS administration an interface is shown connected with an IP address listed. Do I need to set this exact IP adres? It differs from the one in ediabas.ini, but is within the set IP range. When I disconnect, there is no free interface to select.

What about Windows firewalls/security settings? Could these wreak havoc? Do I need the Diaghead amulator (whatever this does)

On old netbook, when I wanted to use the yellowhead, I recall having to turn of my wifi network adapter, and set a hard IP address under IPv4, although I think I later on didn't have to turn of wifi. My old setup doesn't see much time anymore now that I have my ultra portable setup.

EDIT: just to be sure. Do I need to start Ediabas as well, or does DIS take care of this? Now I start IFHSrv32.exe, then DIS. Maybe I need to start Ediabas first as well if DIS doesn't do this. Since now I'm not using the yellowhead with that baked in.
    Last edited by MParallel; 06-15-2017 at 09:14 AM.

IG:

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    If you are running an ADS interface, Interface = ADS is the correct statement in Ediabas.ini. Interface = STD:OBD is only applicable where the interface is operating in OBD mode. I would like to see the guide you have been following to set up your DIS Vm as the coloured signal strength bars on the top right hand side of the DIS home screen should not be illuminated if DIS is configured correctly. You do not need a diaghead emulator and should make sure that INPA and the EDIABAS server are closed before starting DIS as having them operating will prevent the IFHSrv32 Netserver from accessing the network.

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    The cable is the BM Cables USB-to-OBD + OBD-to-20 pin cable and works with interface = STD:OBD. So didn't touch that. But looking at the Edibas.ini file, TCP/IP is not applicable to this interface, so maybe I should try ADS. But it's no ADS interface.

Maybe I should just try the one-click DIS57 install from the install menu that comes bundled with the cable. Then see how Ediabas is configured.

The guide was from Bimmerforums.co.uk and is linked to from a couple of topic from this forum section.

IG:

My Cars
    DE-spec E36 328i/M3 cab
    Ok so I installed the DISv57 from the software installer that came with the cables.

This DIS is working fine.

Then tried to fire up DISv56 but no sigar. Then I checked all the VM settings for v57 and applied them to v56 just to see if that would help.

v56 has 3 VMnet Network adapters, bridged. v57 has only 1 (vmnet1) (host only). So I removed them and duplicated everything.

But still no luck.

I noticed under Administration>>System, there is no IP/Subnet listed in v57. But if I remove the address listed in v56 it won't allow to save this, as it says you need to have an IP address there. So this I can not duplicte and may be the issue.

Everything else is the same. And I can start v57 from both the software start menu or manual (it seems all it does is start the IFHsrv32.exe (NETMAN) file.

At first still no luck, but then realized the Windows firewall was blocking the NETMAN service.

IG: