Thread: Need help, power folding mirrors!

My Cars
    1998 bmw 740i,1994 supra

Need help, power folding mirrors!

so today.... I was out shopping when my power folding mirrors wont fold in. so here is what happened, I don't have a button on my drivers side window control module thingy ( no little square), so it didn't come from factory with power folding mirrors. I guess the mirrors were programmed to my key fob and/or memory seats as each time I would lock the car, they fold up... I just changed the settings for the memory seats and changed the battery on my key fob, and now I can not figure out how to get them to fold up again. does anyone know how to reprogram it back into the memory setting or would I have to buy a drivers side module with that square? anyone have any idea's?

My Cars
    1997 750 IL
    Does your keyfob still unlock and lock the doors? The key does not hold the memory for the mirror function, that should be saved in the cars memory. It sounds like you need to re-initialize the key.

GSXRliterbikz is offline Addict Number 45573... Moderator
    My Cars
    01 740iL, 04 X5 3.0i
    How are you getting it to fold in the first place? Intravee?
    BMW never had the option to fold when you lock, so it has to be an aftermarket thing that was making it work.

My Cars
    2001 E38 740I Sport
    The only other way of folding the mirror that I know of beside the Intravee was to install an aftermarket module called emirror (I think that was the name and was carried by car solutions and umnitza - the module is no longer available .) GSXRliterbikz is correct. There was never an oem option to fold when you lock. May be you can identify the module by looking at pictures online. I would suspect it is installed in one of the doors somewhere ...

-Messan
    The above is my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.
    01 Shorty Sporty BLK/BLK

My Cars
    1997 BMW 740il
    I wanted this module but if it work for a E46 is souls work for an E38 right
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2001 E38 740I Sport
    Nice find. You may want to contact them to be sure. They probably have not tested on other cars so to play safe they advertised it for the E46. I think it will depend on the iBus command used to perform the function. If it is the same as the E38, then it should work.

-Messan
    The above is my 2 cents. Take it or leave it.
    01 Shorty Sporty BLK/BLK

My Cars
    1998 bmw 740i,1994 supra
    Its just how the car came. Doors do unlock and lock. I don't think its oem but gears and electronics are there. Where would i find that module in the doors? I don't know how it had been set up but each time i lock the car they fold up. Dont know the brand either

My Cars
    1997 BMW 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronos Jr View Post
    Its just how the car came. Doors do unlock and lock. I don't think its oem but gears and electronics are there. Where would i find that module in the doors? I don't know how it had been set up but each time i lock the car they fold up. Dont know the brand either
    Pull the cluster and see if their is a module behind it or below the steering wheel somewhere

My Cars
    1997 BMW 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by 01740ISP View Post
    Nice find. You may want to contact them to be sure. They probably have not tested on other cars so to play safe they advertised it for the E46. I think it will depend on the iBus command used to perform the function. If it is the same as the E38, then it should work. -Messan
    I tryed to contact them but they are in Milan Italy and don't return my emails for some reason

My Cars
    1998 bmw 740i,1994 supra
    just checked and nothing under the steering wheel or steering Colum, im going to try to remove the cluster once I get home from work to see if there is a module. id suspect it would have to be on the drivers side as well.

My Cars
    01 740 S- 08 X5-95 325ic
    i am selling my emirror module,my intravee will handle that function now...pm me..cheers

- - - Updated - - -

i am selling my emirror module,it gives you remote powerfold mirrors with the key fob. i have the intravee, so i will use that to handle the remotemirror duties. pm me if interested...cheers!

My Cars
    1997 BMW 740il
    Pm'd

My Cars
    1997 BMW 740il
    So this can be done through coding ?

My Cars
    1997 BMW 740il
    Quote Originally Posted by lad740 View Post
    i am selling my emirror module,my intravee will handle that function now...pm me..cheers - - - Updated - - - i am selling my emirror module,it gives you remote powerfold mirrors with the key fob. i have the intravee, so i will use that to handle the remotemirror duties. pm me if interested...cheers!
    Thanks consider it sold lol